Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Marine news, and two devs leave.

Comments

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Erillion said:
    Threads like these make it almost impossible to use a voice of reason. There are issues on both sides of the fence. But one cannot simply address legitimate concerns or voice news or real development progress on these boards. It's truly impossible to get accurate information here.
    If you think THIS is bad, you ain't seen nuthin yet .... ;-)

Have fun
    What do you think is clever about this response? Your blindly positive rhetoric is just as much a negative contribution to any of these discussions.

• goobsnewsgoobsnews Member UncommonPosts: 220
    A post from a goon who is working for CIG right now:

EightAce posted:

I wrote a long post and then deleted it. Its turning into Custers last stand and I just don't want to get people in trouble . I have already said to much I reckon and if people get in the poo poo because of whats discussed here and the very obvious source then that is nothing but bad.
    I can highlight some stuff in bullet points but nothing at Derek Smart level of excitement
    - A couple of very public faces have left CIG UK right under everyone's noses. This may be out there already . You will know who if you check ATV and all that bollocks and then see who doesn't appear anymore. Not actual game developers just CS monkeys but significant none the less. The old adage poo poo rolls down hill is never so true when you are involved with CIG ... B4TBG email exchange is still causing fallout ... and all the wrong people are getting blamed
    - I know what they are currently concentrating on , it is simply unbelievable . I cant say what it is for obvious reasons but it is up there with the farming module. talk about fiddling while Rome burns .....
    - All the jobs being advertised are legit and they are getting really desperate now to fill those positions. However they just cant and Mr Smart's blogs are being cited as the reason. if anyone is interested they are paying above industry standard but you might only have the job for another 12 months at best.
    - The whole animation system is simply hosed. You are looking at a team of very competent animators working flat out for a year or two to get anything working properly.
    - Sq42 looks absolutely stunning (The space bits) FP stuff looks like a PS1 game and no one seems to give a poo poo. However it is not a game, there is no game play or direction. Nothing just amazing graphics in an editor. The whole thing is in a constant state of flux and a dev cycle that was already floundering is now totally FUBARED because the emperor himself is taking a hand in it personally. Some big news outlets have been in there recently doing all sorts of walk around's and interviews.
    - All the hilarity and fallout from 10ftc, Starmarine being cancelled and the reddits etc have caused absolutely no concern whatsoever. Literally no one gives a gently caress. The attitude is , ' Its just noise let them have their fun we know better'. Chris in particular is totally detached from it all

The other stuff I cant talk about at the moment because it will be so obvious where its coming from

Have fun

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    goobsnews said:
    A post from a goon who CLAIMS TO WORK for CIG right now:  ***snip***
    Corrected that for you.

Have fun
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    goobsnews said:
    A post from a goon who is working for CIG right now:

EightAce posted:

I wrote a long post and then deleted it. Its turning into Custers last stand and I just don't want to get people in trouble . I have already said to much I reckon and if people get in the poo poo because of whats discussed here and the very obvious source then that is nothing but bad.
    I can highlight some stuff in bullet points but nothing at Derek Smart level of excitement
    - A couple of very public faces have left CIG UK right under everyone's noses. This may be out there already . You will know who if you check ATV and all that bollocks and then see who doesn't appear anymore. Not actual game developers just CS monkeys but significant none the less. The old adage poo poo rolls down hill is never so true when you are involved with CIG ... B4TBG email exchange is still causing fallout ... and all the wrong people are getting blamed
    - I know what they are currently concentrating on , it is simply unbelievable . I cant say what it is for obvious reasons but it is up there with the farming module. talk about fiddling while Rome burns .....
    - All the jobs being advertised are legit and they are getting really desperate now to fill those positions. However they just cant and Mr Smart's blogs are being cited as the reason. if anyone is interested they are paying above industry standard but you might only have the job for another 12 months at best.
    - The whole animation system is simply hosed. You are looking at a team of very competent animators working flat out for a year or two to get anything working properly.
    - Sq42 looks absolutely stunning (The space bits) FP stuff looks like a PS1 game and no one seems to give a poo poo. However it is not a game, there is no game play or direction. Nothing just amazing graphics in an editor. The whole thing is in a constant state of flux and a dev cycle that was already floundering is now totally FUBARED because the emperor himself is taking a hand in it personally. Some big news outlets have been in there recently doing all sorts of walk around's and interviews.
    - All the hilarity and fallout from 10ftc, Starmarine being cancelled and the reddits etc have caused absolutely no concern whatsoever. Literally no one gives a gently caress. The attitude is , ' Its just noise let them have their fun we know better'. Chris in particular is totally detached from it all

The other stuff I cant talk about at the moment because it will be so obvious where its coming from

Have fun

Nice post, looks like the goldmine for CR is drying up. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Erillion said:
    Threads like these make it almost impossible to use a voice of reason. There are issues on both sides of the fence. But one cannot simply address legitimate concerns or voice news or real development progress on these boards. It's truly impossible to get accurate information here.
    If you think THIS is bad, you ain't seen nuthin yet .... ;-)

Have fun
    What do you think is clever about this response? Your blindly positive rhetoric is just as much a negative contribution to any of these discussions.

lmao, look at what he posted, then look at what he was commenting on, then look at your posts. Then Google "define pot kettle" and then sit back and have a giggle. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Brenics said:
     looks like the goldmine for CR is drying up. 
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1694467207

Pledging behaviour the same as in previous years, with a drop after the Nov/Dec holiday high.

Have fun

Erillion said:
    Brenics said:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1694467207

Pledging behaviour the same as in previous years, with a drop after the Nov/Dec holiday high.

Have fun

You can keep posting that page all you want. I believe it was accurate at one time, but the more I listen to CR and watch the work being done and the people walking away from this project. I can't believe it is accurate any longer. Sort of like walking into a dealer ship it all looks good but under the hood there is a lot of problems. 

The funny part is people use to say "Just because it is on the internet does not make it true." I still go by that analogy. 

CrazKanuk said:
    lmao, look at what he posted, then look at what he was commenting on, then look at your posts. Then Google "define pot kettle" and then sit back and have a giggle. 
    I don't think the situation surrounding this debacle is funny at all, Crazkanuk. After 4 years, the company still doesn't have a single-player rendition, squadron 42, of the original product. Really bad, just really, really bad.

Brenics said:
    Erillion said:
    Brenics said:

Have fun

You can keep posting that page all you want. I believe it was accurate at one time, but the more I listen to CR and watch the work being done and the people walking away from this project. I can't believe it is accurate any longer. Sort of like walking into a dealer ship it all looks good but under the hood there is a lot of problems. 

The funny part is people use to say "Just because it is on the internet does not make it true." I still go by that analogy. 
    It's funny to me that he posts that link over and over. Like, CIG isn't above lying about their financials when they just lied about an entire GAME MODE and hundreds of features that were supposed to be in the game. Newsflash: YOU'VE HAD IT ALL ALONG! Lmao, im dying.
    Adjuvant1 said:
    CrazKanuk said:
    I don't think the situation surrounding this debacle is funny at all, Crazkanuk. After 4 years, the company still doesn't have a single-player rendition, squadron 42, of the original product. Really bad, just really, really bad.

The only thing funny is Crazkanuk's brainwashed mind. Actually, it's more sad then funny...
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Usually truth is somewhere in the middle.  It's rare a game actually lives up to the hype it's generated before launch.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• Psychos1sPsychos1s Member UncommonPosts: 191
    So a senior producer does the off along with the main concept artist and something they've been banging on about for ages gets stuck on the back burner.

But don't worry people it's all just normal development.
    Psychos1s said:
    So a senior producer does the off along with the main concept artist and something they've been banging on about for ages gets stuck on the back burner.

Don't forget the CS's from CIG UK and then 2 more people yesterday upped and left as well. All just part of the plannnnn
  • GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    Psychos1s said:

How many years of project management or game design informs your opinion?
  • LethalityLethality Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Hutchins is not gone. I welcome proof that he is.
  • heerobyaheerobya Member UncommonPosts: 465
    edited January 2016
    Psychos1s said:

I'm a professional Project Manager (PMP) and everything I see or hear about SC leads me to believe that their producers/directors have exactly zero PM skills or knowledge/practice.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    edited January 2016
    goobsnews said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    CrazKanuk said:

The only thing funny is Crazkanuk's brainwashed mind. Actually, it's more sad then funny...
    Brainwashed like what? Again, pot... kettle. 

I've given plenty of metrics which are conveniently ignored. Nothing specifically proves or disproves whether or not the game will be delivered, but it gives perspective. Does it support the fact that SC will be delivered.... yes. Why? I don't know, maybe it's because SC isn't some unique and beautiful snowflake like everything thinks it is. 

What the heck, though, let's go and give some more. So some people leave CIG and it's the end of the world. The CEO leaves Bungie and... crickets! Half the CS staff is cut from ESO and.... crickets! Perspective!!! 

Secondly, SotA is FINALLY going to be doing their ribbon cutting July of 2016, for a game that was promised in.... 2014. Hey, 2 years late for a game that's been done a hundred times over in the last decade is pretty good, right? Wait for it...... crickets! BUT! SC? Shit, it's been the end of the world since it missed it's KS estimated date, lol. PERSPECTIVE!!! 

I went as far as to blindly claim that 80% of the games on "most anticipated" lists for 2016 were games which had been delayed at some point during their development. Not allowing for that, since I'm a realist, first things first, so I go out and ACTUALLY gather data from 4 or 5 game news sites and manually confirm that around 75% of games on these lists have been delayed. 

I..... back... my.... shit... up!!! That is, unlike many others on these sites who blatantly talk out their asses. I do support the game, but I have never discounted the risks involved. Unfortunately, some people don't recognize objectivity if it comes up and pisses on their shoes. 

I'm not saying that SC is performing well, but I have stated before that they are delivering a game and would be in a position to deliver a game today in a crude form. You can literally go and play it for yourself. The only real question is whether the money will run out before adequate polish can be placed on the game. Personally, I don't think it'll ship to the expectations of some people, but it will ship something. 

To answer to the question of S42. We've seen the mo-cap, we know that's been done. That's a significant portion. The ship flying is...... done-ish. The walking around thing is done-ish. So it's very likely at a stage where it needs to be mashed up. It's not something that'll be on PTU, though, I wouldn't think. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

Psychos1s said:

15 years as a project manager thanks for asking.

Love this kind of response, it's basically admitting you have zero argument. Would be in the same vein as saying you dislike a car, for someone to then come along and ask how many years you've been developing cars.
    heerobya said:
    Psychos1s said:

I'm a professional Project Manager and everything I see or hear about SC leads me to believe that their producers/directors have exactly zero PM skills.

I see nothing out of the ordinary myself. Personnel changes, scope changes, mistakes happen, obstacles impede progress, solutions are found, scopes migrate, timescale migrate...all part of a normal project and the reason you have....project managers...to manage projects. If a project manager didn't have to deal with any of the normal crap you get then you wouldn't need a PM in the first place.

All I see is people on the outside with zero PM experience or specifically zero game development experience, bitching and moaning about a project they are not involved in, and not privy to the project scopes, limitations, resource issues or any of the day to day running requirements, making opinionated hate posts and offering them up as fact.
    edited January 2016
    Psychos1s said:
    Psychos1s said:

Love this kind of response, it's basically admitting you have zero argument. Would be in the same vein as saying you dislike a car, for someone to then come along and ask how many years you've been developing cars.

See my previous post for my answer. 23 years PM.
    edited January 2016
    Kefo said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Kefo said:
    scorpex-x said:
    You know what I don't understand is why the mods here are so happy to let this guy troll.

If you do this on almost any other forum you get temp banned all the time, yet trolling here is no problem at all.  Do you guys just not report the trolls at all or what?
    How else is there supposed to be balance with the blatant shills posting in here?

The OP is a troll and there is no justification for the repeated slanderous and biased posts he makes. I personally am not invested in the game and have no additional info other than what I read from reputable sources but it amazes me this site does nothing to prevent the troll posts and that legal action hasn't been pursued.
    lol its cute you think legal action could come from "troll posts".

You to judge: He said mean things to me on the internet!!
    Judge: is he doing it maliciously or is he posting his opinions?
    You: He's hurting my feelings!
    Judge: you're a bloody moron, get out of my court.
    More precisely, to establish libel, the plaintiff needs to prove a party adversely affected the well being or livelihood of the affected individual or entity. The judge would stare, cross-eyed, at the income this company has already received with zero product, and, at best, dismiss without prejudice (cease current proceeding with the potential for the civil suit to return at a later time).

They are not marketing a product. There is no product. They are marketing promises. Glass houses.

oh thank god someone understands the difference between libel and slander!
    It would be more interesting, had anyone the time and energy, to "sue" Chris Roberts into a formal contract, asserting a project timeline and quality of completed project under oath. Precedent for this has been set numerous times in informal home improvement agreements. Basically, "while there was no written contract, you verbally agreed, while accepting payment, services of a certain order would be rendered".

edit: Then, failure to comply places Chris Roberts in indirect contempt, with assigned penalties for every day of neglect, be it monetary or incarceration.
    Psychos1s said:
    Psychos1s said:

See my previous post for my answer. 23 years PM.
    23 years, so how in gods name can you look at this and think it is being managed well?

The scope creep alone would make most managers flat out quit.

CrazKanuk said:
    goobsnews said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    CrazKanuk said:

Brainwashed like what? Again, pot... kettle. 

I've given plenty of metrics which are conveniently ignored. Nothing specifically proves or disproves whether or not the game will be delivered, but it gives perspective. Does it support the fact that SC will be delivered.... yes. Why? I don't know, maybe it's because SC isn't some unique and beautiful snowflake like everything thinks it is. 

All I can say is I disagree at this point 100% you are wrong. CR after all these years has proven once again he can NOT oversee a production. Like you this is IMHO!

What the heck, though, let's go and give some more. So some people leave CIG and it's the end of the world. The CEO leaves Bungie and... crickets! Half the CS staff is cut from ESO and.... crickets! Perspective!!! 

Not sure what planet you been on but a lot of us complained and commented on this. problem is you get banned real fast and shut down. But the thing is after being very vocal on ESO (there is a lot of us) most of us still play the game and hope it gets better. Bottom line they did RELEASE  a GAME!

Secondly, SotA is FINALLY going to be doing their ribbon cutting July of 2016, for a game that was promised in.... 2014. Hey, 2 years late for a game that's been done a hundred times over in the last decade is pretty good, right? Wait for it...... crickets! BUT! SC? Shit, it's been the end of the world since it missed it's KS estimated date, lol. PERSPECTIVE!!! 

Only comment I have here is they do have a game and have been making it better. Do I think it should of already been release, YEP. But guess what they do have a working game that is getting finished. No little module here or there. They do have a game that will be coming out. 

I went as far as to blindly claim that 80% of the games on "most anticipated" lists for 2016 were games which had been delayed at some point during their development. Not allowing for that, since I'm a realist, first things first, so I go out and ACTUALLY gather data from 4 or 5 game news sites and manually confirm that around 75% of games on these lists have been delayed. 

Yes they have games out there that are delayed but how many are we talking about that have the same cash flow SC has and how many are not crowdfunded? We also aren't talking crowdfunding again are we?

I..... back... my.... shit... up!!! That is, unlike many others on these sites who blatantly talk out their asses. I do support the game, but I have never discounted the risks involved. Unfortunately, some people don't recognize objectivity if it comes up and pisses on their shoes. 

Here is the problem with how you think with SC. Anything negative you say is talking out our asses. That is so not true and why a lot of us believe posters like you and CR just want to silent us. Personally I have never seen a game in development where so many want to shut people up on a game unless it is positive. Sad really. 

I'm not saying that SC is performing well, but I have stated before that they are delivering a game and would be in a position to deliver a game today in a crude form. You can literally go and play it for yourself. The only real question is whether the money will run out before adequate polish can be placed on the game. Personally, I don't think it'll ship to the expectations of some people, but it will ship something. 

I disagree I don't think anything will ship and I believe they are just about out of money. I would love to see players just take a month off and stop giving them money and we would see how much they really have left. Also when i look back they had games being worked on, now it is 1 game and all that other stuff is going to be in SC.  

To answer to the question of S42. We've seen the mo-cap, we know that's been done. That's a significant portion. The ship flying is...... done-ish. The walking around thing is done-ish. So it's very likely at a stage where it needs to be mashed up. It's not something that'll be on PTU, though, I wouldn't think. 

A lot of the videos I have watched and a lot newer one';s I still see a lot of problems with flying walking ect ect ect. Again this is IMHO!

Psychos1s said:

23 years, so how in gods name can you look at this and think it is being managed well?

The scope creep alone would make most managers flat out quit.

Hard to call it real scope creep when the very kickstarter fundraising provided stretch goals for additional funding.

Is the project static in scope? no.
    Does the scope change with additional funding? Yes.
    Do the additional scope changes have any affect on the original scope? Yes.
    Does the project allow for scope change? Yes.

As for is it being managed well? No idea as I am not employed to be part of the project and am not privy to any of the day to day process. As I said, I don't see anything too out of the ordinary.

I'll also add, tax issues on "donations" totaling 100m over 4 years, for a non-tax-exempt entity, federally, is somewhere in the neighborhood of 25m. Anyone mad enough to call the IRS on them? We can get this whole thing settled very quickly with the fed involved.