Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TTH Response to yesterday's article!

BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
Guess the author was getting hammered (pun intended) about yesterday's article. So he wrote a new one. 

"It seems that my previous column, my specific opinion on a subject, wasn’t well received by the Star Citizen community. While not specifically news, per se, and my opinion, I can understand some of the frustration some members of the community may have, but I will counter with the following:

Star Marine as a Standalone Product is Canceled

That is what the title “Star Marine” meant up until this point, as it was a label for the FPS module.

Therefore, Star Marine is canceled."

http://www.tentonhammer.com/columns/respawn/what-happened-star-marine

Guess it isn't just me and a few others that believed SM was a stand alone game. 

I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Comments

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    That is one BIG chip you have on your shoulder!
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    edited January 2016
    It's pretty clear the author of that article has some misunderstanding about the game and what a "module", "game mode" or "stand alone" game is.

What has changed is instead of making the SM mode available, right now, as AC is they integrated it right now in the baby PU as things can be tested right there and when all is done and it's feature complete SM will be available as a game mode just like AC.

It's far more efficient for them to do it this way IMO.

Right Marty!

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Is there a site somewhere that is tracking all the things that Chris Roberts has said and then went back on? 
    Like in 2013 when he said stretch goals would not delay the 2014 release of the game or when in early 2015 he said Star Marine would be the next module to release and gave a target of March 2015?

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    Talonsin said:
    Is there a site somewhere that is tracking all the things that Chris Roberts has said and then went back on? 
    Like in 2013 when he said stretch goals would not delay the 2014 release of the game or when in early 2015 he said Star Marine would be the next module to release and gave a target of March 2015?

Dunno but if there was one it would be nice if it was run objectively with factual information rather than opinion pieces like this article from TTH.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    To me, I would rather a game gets done right then gets released buggy or incomplete because someone said something once. Too many armchair game designers with anonymity happy to talk crap all day long IMO.