Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Marine delivered!

2»

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Galvan said:
    According to the Statement, Errillion has given about Private Servers:
    The opposite statement was from the Community Manager. Please note the date (10 01 16)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/40i9ml/disco_lando_on_starcast_108_private_servers_are/
    Opposite statement? 

Disco Lando said it will come, but as one of the last features. 

Which makes sense... First you need a finished game. 
    Then ! you can run that game on private servers.

Have fun
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    It's very unlikely, near impossible that they adapt a cloud server structure to a private server structure. "They think about it" way after the game goes live will have them to rewrite the complete client <> server code to a different model (where they can not start a new cloud server if needed).

If they said that they are working on it as soon as the persistent is working then it would make sense.

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Erillion said:
    Opposite statement? 

Have fun
    Dont we have a finished game now?  Isnt that the justification for no longer giving refunds?  The following is quoted from the CIG response to refunds

"While a substantive part of the promised gameplay is now available, we acknowledge that delivery of some game elements has been delayed due to expansion of Star Citizen’s scope."

and

"
    We’d like to point you to the significant gameplay which is now available; https://robertsspaceindustries.com/feature-list"

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    [...]

[...]
    This Video is very strange cause since 1.x+ they are using pure rigidbodies for everything (which is btw a thing you should never do) and I mean EVERYTHING which causes strange spins and co-reaction of items/players/ships. On  top of that a physics grid is very chunky and difficult to control, if the engine lags and the hierarchy of the grid is not 100% in time you will fall through things (the floors rigidbody was calculated to slow, sorry).

Well they are using full rigidbody everywhere, EXCEPT in this video (the proof for this is that the guy is clipping through objects which is a thing physic bodies can not do).
    So this is a mockup in a static level to show character interaction, MoCap animations and interiour - nothing more - it does not run in the SC environment.

The models itself are very dirty, but I guess they had enough to do with cleaning up mocap data (which is a hell) and adjusting the skeleton for every mocapped actor they are using (different people have different lenght of bones).

If you like to play with mocap stuff there is a huge free library http://mocap.cs.cmu.edu/

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

Talonsin said:
    Dont we have a finished game now?
    In my personal opinion .. no we have not.

We are in Alpha Phase, IMHO with a "First deliverable" currently being tested, which is NOT a feature complete Alpha but a selection of game elements that is being enlarged every month.

I expect these to be the next steps:

Iterations of Alpha
    Feature Complete Alpha

Closed Beta (Backers only) ... Early and Mid Beta
    *** up until this point i expect frequent wipes ***

Squadron 42

Late Beta  PU (maybe Open Beta with Non-Backers having bought an early bird "boxed set" of SQ42 or something like that)

Operation Pitchfork (player led Beta End Event - Human attack on Vanduul Empire)

Launch Day Persistent Universe

Have fun

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    edited January 2016
    Roin said:

The Question is: Does the "FPS only" Module will be released before or after private servers.

Better question why ask that HERE and not on the official SC forums? Last I checked none of us were CR, none of us were CIG employees, and none of us have seen CR/RSI/CIG employee in this forum at any point.
    Well, you've proven the point he made in this comment...
    "... always try to steer away from directly replying to your points. Whenever you bring out the pertinent points on how CR is dropping the ball on this project with factual game development issues from a developer's experience, they either shut up, try to cover/derail your points with some off topic cover fire..."

Your response is clearly a diversionary tactic. It's also extremely disingenuous.

Why?

Well, if you spend any time on SC's forums here, you'll see plenty of people are more than happy to answer questions or otherwise speak on CR's behalf, in response to pretty much anything. They'll even delve into conjecture, arguing things they can't/don't possibly know as fact.

Erillion, in particular, seems to always have an answer at the ready, though they also often resort to deflection or blatant spin.

Point is, why is "not being CR" suddenly an obstacle now, when it isn't in other cases? Is there no good way to spin the answer to that particular question, maybe?
    Pratt2112 said:

Erillion, in particular, seems to always have an answer at the ready,
    The secret :

Following project updates and information from many sources since Autumn 2012.

That helps ;-)

Especially as most topics have been discussed exhaustively  in literally  tenthousands of posts in the last years in dozens of forums on dozens of websites. Some people believe they found the Holy Grail, which is VERY old news usually.

Have fun

• TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    edited January 2016
    Erillion said:
    Pratt2112 said:

Erillion, in particular, seems to always have an answer at the ready,
    The secret :

Following project updates and information from many sources since Autumn 2012.

That helps ;-)

Especially as most topics have been discussed exhaustively  in literally  tenthousands of posts in the last years in dozens of forums on dozens of websites. Some people believe they found the Holy Grail, which is VERY old news usually.

Have fun

If that is true, why is most of your information incorrect and outdated?  
    If "same day" posting is too old for you, you might want to switch to White Noise Central aka Twitter.

Have fun
  • whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
    The day I see a SC thread without Brenics and Erillion going at it with their respective followers will be the day I'll believe myself to be in the Matrix.   B)
    The day I see a SC thread without Brenics and Erillion going at it with their respective followers will be the day I'll believe myself to be in the Matrix.   B)
    Then you have been in the Matrix for quite some time.

There have been times when i have not been online at mmorpg.com for days and did not comment in SC threads.

Ergo .... blue pill.... the "blissful ignorance of illusion" ;-)

Have fun
  • whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
    Erillion said:
    Then you have been in the Matrix for quite some time.

There have been times when i have not been online at mmorpg.com for days and did not comment in SC threads.

Ergo .... blue pill.... the "blissful ignorance of illusion" ;-)

Have fun
    So that's why I kept seeing nothing but redheads. I've always wondered at the weirdness of it all. Thanks!
    So that's why I kept seeing nothing but redheads. I've always wondered at the weirdness of it all. Thanks!
    Lets not forget the Black Cat Deja Vus....

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    If "same day" posting is too old for you, you might want to switch to White Noise Central aka Twitter.

Have fun
    And yet your information is outdated and incorrect.  You do remember that you post more then just spam right?
    Back history of Star Marine.  With video's.  
    http://www.justagamemode.com/
  • GalvanGalvan Member UncommonPosts: 13
    edited January 2016
    Erillion said:
    Galvan said:
    According to the Statement, Errillion has given about Private Servers:
    The opposite statement was from the Community Manager. Please note the date (10 01 16)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/40i9ml/disco_lando_on_starcast_108_private_servers_are/
    Opposite statement? 

Have fun
    IMHO "in" means, its part of the exisiting "game" and not being announced as "possible" feature in the future
    Post edited by Galvan on
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    More footage of amazing, feature-incomplete, pre-alpha Star Citizen. Notice the fully-integrated "call of duty" style gameplay, almost as if Activision himself had a lovechild  with the movie "Gravity". Truly, "first-person-shooter" and this game are as acquainted as Zimbabwe and democracy.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Adjuvant1 said:
    More footage of amazing, feature-incomplete, pre-alpha Star Citizen. Notice the fully-integrated "call of duty" style gameplay, almost as if Activision himself had a lovechild  with the movie "Gravity". Truly, "first-person-shooter" and this game are as acquainted as Zimbabwe and democracy.

Awesome
    Thank you!
    Harbinger of Fools
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Erillion said:
    100 planets of content is obviously 1 planet you can go to 100 times!
    ARK Starmap:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/starmap

Have fun

Concept art = not released feature yet. How much of concept art and future ideas make it to the game

We'll see ONCE the game is launched.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"