Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Marine news, and two devs leave.

Comments

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:
    @Thourne Oh I read it. LOL
    So you acknowledge you read my response and yet pages later claim I've made no response....
    No wonder it's difficult to have a convo with you.
    You said "All you did was half read and fail to comprehend articles that fit your anti SC agenda then came here and linked to them...or as you call it Tuesday." That is a comment on the links? Looked more like an attack directed at me. 

Like I said you only want stuff that Erillion posts because it must be true because it came from CIG! Sorry I just don't see that as a response to the articles. Maybe less attack and more substance on the articles and explaining what you are saying would be a good thing. LOL
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    edited January 2016
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:
    So you acknowledge you read my response and yet pages later claim I've made no response....
    You can't converse with a someone that purposely misleads and is trying to spread misinformation, for example he doesn't know about death of a spaceman, believed SM was going to be a stand alone game and apparently got that from CIG somehow....need I go on.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    Brenics said:
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:
    You said "All you did was half read and fail to comprehend articles that fit your anti SC agenda then came here and linked to them...or as you call it Tuesday." That is a comment on the links? Looked more like an attack directed at me. 

Like I said you only want stuff that Erillion posts because it must be true because it came from CIG! Sorry I just don't see that as a response to the articles. Maybe less attack and more substance on the articles and explaining what you are saying would be a good thing. LOL
    That is indeed the first part of the post and your OP at that time still said "Star Citizen Cancelled" so of course I was calling BS on a Post titled such.
    edited January 2016
    Asm0deus said:
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:
    You can't converse with a someone that purposely misleads and is trying to spread misinformation, for example he doesn't know about death of a spaceman, believed SM was going to be a stand alone game and apparently got that from CIG somehow....need I go on.

Attack attack attack, that is all you guys do. I guess there is just no way to stay on topic in any threads with this game unless Erillion posts it. Everything else is attacked. That really should send up big red flags on this game and the community that comes with it. 

Sorry am not perfect like you and made a mistake on the topic, but go on keep attacking am starting to enjoy it. You must have missed the part where I said it was a mistake and yes I did go in to fix it but the mod beat me too it. LOL

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Asm0deus said:

Instead you make misleading threads, post misinformation as much as you can and your links are 95% of the time anti SC puff pieces/opinion pieces you try and pass off as facts.

If you want to take that route then probably close to 90% of what Chris Roberts says about the game and by extension what Erillion regurgitates onto the mmorpg forums is misinformation.

Chris Roberts will say one thing one day and change the meaning when it suits him or when it will bring in more money the next. His company will also quietly edit any documents to slowly pull the rug out from under the backers.

To me Chris is like a used car dealer that advertises "no one turned away!" and will say or do anything to convince you it's an amazing deal. 
    edited January 2016
    Brenics said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:

Attack attack attack, that is all you guys do. I guess there is just no way to stay on topic in any threads with this game unless Erillion posts it. Everything else is attacked. That really should send up big red flags on this game and the community that comes with it. 
    It's not an attack when it's just pointing out what and how you post.  I's not my fault you employ half truths and weasel words and that has become your style or MO.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Brenics said:
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:

@Brenics ;

I'd also add that was my second post we are now discussing and not the 1st post which I pointed to in my previous response.

And since you don't know what I think I'll clue you in a little. 
    What I want is links to well thought out and researched articles or information from the persons working directly on the game.
    This is no different than what I look for on any game.
    What is different here, is the pool of dedicated "Hit Persons" who link any negative information regardless of it's validity..aka you my friend.

• MrSnufflesMrSnuffles Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Brenics said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:

I am not saying that Star Citizens are cult members. I am just pointing out that typical cult behaviour is to attack any non believers and designate one person to focus all their hate on, like the devil a.k.a. Derek Smart.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton
    Community Manager, MMORPG.com

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:

@Brenics ;

I'd also add that was my second post we are now discussing and not the 1st post which I pointed to in my previous response.

What I want is links to well thought out and researched articles or information from the persons working directly on the game.
    What is different here, is the pool of dedicated "Hit Persons" who link any negative information regardless of it's validity..aka you my friend.

HAHAHAHAHA Then you can't and shouldn't read anything CR writes. 

• Vada_GVada_G Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Erillion said:

The Senior Concept Artist is responsible for the overall look and feel of the game. The design and art style is heavily influenced by him. It is the highest ranking Artist in games development.
    My personal guess is that at this stage in the development, they do not need a lot of CONCEPT artists anymore. They should have enough concept art for the next half decade (see Art section in the subscriber subsection of the official forum). Which may have influenced the decision of the artist to move on to the next project.

I think they now need more hands-on artists for the ship- and character pipeline. Those that work more with the game engine itself and its various layers.

If you have read some of the "Jump Point" articles over the last years, you will know that in SC concept art is more heavily influenced by Chris Robert himself compared to other games. To the point of micromanagement, until his brother Erin has pulled him back a bit from the frontline, so the team members can do their job.  That may have made the work of the SC Senior Concept Artist quite interesting and challenging.

Have fun 
    O.o.

So you're saying that CR will be filling this role from now on because people can't work with the man?

Which actually would explain the revolving door when it comes to producers.

Exec. Producer Mayberry (6 months ago)
    Senior Producer Travis Day (6 months ago)
    Senior Producer Jason Hutchins 
    and I'm missing two others (I'm sure someone will post it if they care).

DS is a troll, and CR is a used car salesman. Nothing new to see here.
    Brenics said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:

I am not saying that Star Citizens are cult members. I am just pointing out that typical cult behaviour is to attack any non believers and designate one person to focus all their hate on, like the devil a.k.a. Derek Smart.

It isn't cult behavior to call someone out on their bs.
    I have nothing against honest detractors who post substantiated information and links to well thought out, researched and written articles. This poster simply links crap and calls it candy. You can try it if you want but I assure you it won't taste like chocolate.
    Asm0deus said:
    Brenics said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:

It's not an attack when it's just pointing out what and how you post.  I's not my fault you employ half truths and weasel words and that has become your style or MO.
    You should read more of Erillions posts then if you think Brenics does this a lot. If there is something negative posted they will ignore the question entirely and spam a bunch of other information in an attempt to bury the negative part or they will twist what they originally said or write something that has absolutely no bearing on the question asked.
    edited January 2016
    Brenics said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:

You might also say some people from mmorpg are not as daft as some think and know the cult thing works both ways.... with SC being the devil.

Some like myself are on the fence about the game and have some issues with some things in it and how they are doing some things.....there's a nice middle ground to be had alas some people here are not interested in that but would rather stick with their obvious crusade.

Brenics said:
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:

@Brenics ;

Shall I take this as admission that you don't find your own links as credible?
    I see only a weak attack and no defense of your links.
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:

@Brenics ;

When you are ready to discuss the articles then we can have a conversation. All I see so far is attacks to try and shut me up. Why is that? 

Brenics said:
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:

@Brenics ;

When you are ready to discuss the articles then we can have a conversation. All I see so far is attacks to try and shut me up. Why is that? 
    Again I summed up the entire content of the Ten Ton Hammer article in the 2nd reply to the OP.
    I joined this conversation long ago. 
    Do you or do you not think that my summation is accurate?

Here, I'll post it again --> The separate fps test bed will not roll out before integration of the fps elements into the PU, but instead after.

Is that not the meaning of the entire article?
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:

I have nothing against honest detractors who post substantiated information and links to well thought out, researched and written articles. This poster simply links crap and calls it candy. You can try it if you want but I assure you it won't taste like chocolate.
    I was not talking about you at all. I thought i made that very clear.

"It's pretty simple, really. If your only intention in posting about a particular game or topic is to be negative, then yes, you should probably move on. Voicing a negative opinion is fine, continually doing so on the same game is basically just trolling."
    - Michael Bitton

"As an online discussion about Star Citizen grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Derek Smart approaches 1" - MrSnuffles's law

"I am jumping in here a bit without knowing exactly what you all or talking about." 
    - SEANMCAD

Kefo said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Brenics said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:

You should read more of Erillions posts then if you think Brenics does this a lot. If there is something negative posted they will ignore the question entirely and spam a bunch of other information in an attempt to bury the negative part or they will twist what they originally said or write something that has absolutely no bearing on the question asked.
    I will repeat again as you obviously missed in a previous post of mine. I never claimed that Erillion never devolved into such behavior.

What I did say was his threads rarely start that way, they are mostly passing on information. 

Brenics threads/OP are almost always the exact opposite and start out like this one with weasel words and half truths.

edited January 2016
    Thourne said:

@MrSnuffles ;
     Apologies then I misread your intent.
  • vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    things start work out , but i think everyone agree still far far way 
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Vada_G said:

So you're saying that CR will be filling this role from now on because people can't work with the man?

--> I said that Chris Roberts has heavily involved himself in the art departement in the past. Until his brother Erin - as overall Executive Director - pulled him back a bit from the frontline, where CR tended to bog himself down in micromanagement (which also made the work of his team more challenging back then).

--> I did NOT say that CR will be filling this role from now on.

--> I did say that in my personal opinion they will need less (less, NOT none !) concept artists and more artists with game engine hands-on experience working the character and ship pipelines.

--> I said that there is a metric ton of concept art still waiting to be used. If you are a senior concept artist and want to create NEW things, you may want to move on at this point to a new project. And let your junior concept artist team finish the work along the lines you put down in development documents and pictures.

--> Have fun 

edited January 2016
    Thourne said:
    Thourne said:

@MrSnuffles ;
     Apologies then I misread your intent.
    Accepted, although, no need to apologize. We are all friends here, are we not?

I like to point out though that the beast, destroyer of worlds, Derek Smart has been mentioned in this thread at least a dozen times already. Although he has nothing to do with the OP or the Articles.

I find that quite amusing.

I think i need to write a little scraper that goes through all Star Citizen threads (here and on other sites) and counts how many times the name of the "Evil One" has been uttered compared to the name of "The Saviour".

That would make for some interesting statistic, don't you think?

PS: I found substantial information in the thread. Namely the firing of another Producer and highest ranking Artists. You just need to learn to filter out the noise :)

- Michael Bitton

- SEANMCAD

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2016
    Sorry but once again i have to chime in,poster is talking about ASSETS,those are NOT content.
    At this point,i don't understand how even a staunch fanbois can defend this guy,he promised a solid game on 6 million and that part of the game NOT including anything after has not even yet been completed.

So he has been severely incompetent,something i never would have guessed to be this bad but when someone raised the question about his competence several months ago i began to take notice.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Asm0deus said:
    Kefo said:
    Asm0deus said:
    I will repeat again as you obviously missed in a previous post of mine. I never claimed that Erillion never devolved into such behavior.

What I did say was his threads rarely start that way, they are mostly passing on information. 

Brenics threads/OP are almost always the exact opposite and start out like this one with weasel words and half truths.

No I read it but to me it doesn't matter if his threads start out fine because if you start pointing out any flaws in the gospel then he immediately turns to weaseling/half truths.