Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New game Magnastorm

Well I just signed up for this community hoping there was a way to add my current game I'm making into the list. But I didn't find anywhere to do this so I'm asking here then. I'm currently making a MMORPG, Realm VS Realm game which is based on Dark age of Camelot and I would need beta testers that could give feedback after playing aswell as suggestions of updates and reporting of bugs. Is there any interested please respond. The link to the game is http://magnastorm.mine.nu/

We have a irc channel which you can contact us in, #Magnastorm @ Quakenet.

Comments

• OltzuOltzu Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Looks good, and i agree there should be a way to add games into the list.

• MazzemanMazzeman Member Posts: 40
    Yes, there should be a way but it would mean more work for the site admins since they will have to look at the game and review it and such.

• ZoharZohar Member Posts: 673
    I think the reason why you can't just add games is because some people may abuse that. One day we have 50 games in the list the next day we have 400 =P.

-=MMORPG.COM Staff=-
    E-mail: [email protected]

Maybe if you could e-mail it to a admin and the Admin would check the game out and he would then add it to the list.

Well that is mainly why you admins have to look through them. If their not good enough for your standards or are just plain bullshit then you can just decline them etc. But if i could for you guys, i would love to have my game mentioned here :)

I think much more people would come here if there where more games here.

Yes me too since all the games currently listed are also listen on many more communities and magazines etc.. It's us small people that matters!!

• Odin1985Odin1985 Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 342
    you can email admin his email is [email protected]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man´s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Coder, Webmaster and Modeler

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man?s character give him power"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Coder, Webmaster and Modeler

Hmm, do you mean that i shall email the admin about the suggestion of adding my game?

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Yep, that's what you do...just e-mail us (or me).

I get e-mails like that all the time...many games we don't add but many we do.  They must meet this requirement:

a) have a full domain and web site (ie http://www.mygamesite.com).  You also cannot have abusive pop-up banners or spyware programs at your site...this commonly means you can't use free hosting companies.

b) have "in-game" screen shots showing the client interface

c) cannot be HTML based games.  If they run in a browser they must use a live server connection plug in like Java (ie Runescape)

d) must support 500 or more characters per server world

e) must be a persistent world

f) must be a role-playing game.  We defined this by controlling a single character and having some form of skill or level progression

If your game has all this, submit it to us and we will review it and add it once we get a site logo designed for it, etc.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Well my game is not fully html since it's php/mysql/css and even c++. And concerning the webdomain i guess the current one is not supported :)

Actually, it is still an HTML game as PHP/C++ or whatever CGI interface you use is still just outputting HTML in the end. 

The bottom line is that there is not a live client/server connection.  The HTTP protocol is a stateless interaction from client to server.  We require that the client and server are connected in a live fashion (typically via a TCP/IP socket connection).

*Edit: Note that at some point and time we are going to add a section for browser games.  However, by default these games will not appear on the list unless people enable them in their settings.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

So i guess theres really no way to get you to add my game :> Not even in a news subject about that we are like started etc? Or maybe just in a review? Please don't feel that I'm naging too much I will not continue to nag you more :)

Sorry, not at this time.  The only way get news, previews, reviews, features, etc for your game is for it to be on the list.

Like I said though...at some later time we will likely add a special section for browser games.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Just one  last questions, these domains would they count?

http://magnastorm.mine.nu/

http://magnastorm.game-server.cc/

http://magnastorm.game-host.org/

What we generally like to see is a domain registered to the company providing the game.  It tends to reflect a certain level of professionalism and seriousness from the developer.

There can be exceptions of course...in this case the fact that the game is HTML based is the real issue.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

Yes I do know that but I just had  to check if atleast those were valid. Maybe I can get a real one later perhaps...