Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Enrollment Update Deployed to Live Servers

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageEarly Enrollment Update Deployed to Live Servers

Goblinworks has posted the latest patch notes for Pathfinder Online. This update, according to developers, features a long, long list of bug fixes, feature enhancements and the addition of quality of life improvements including the /stuck command to assist players.

Read the full story here

Comments

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    I thought this game was dead? Did someone new invest in it?

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Tokken said:

That's what I was thinking too...wtf? lol
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    People complain about missing these types of games but when they release they dont support them. 

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519
    edited January 2016
    Recore said:
    People complain about missing these types of games but when they release they dont support them. 

Slight correction: People don't complain about missing "these types of games" as much as they complain about missing "a specific game" and lament that no other game is quite like it.

Unless people are complaining about missing Tabula Rasa or some other game in a state that barely qualified as an ALPHA build, Pathfinder Online won't fill that niche - at least when it was last released.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    umcorian said:
    Recore said:

Slight correction: People don't complain about missing "these types of games"... they complain about missing "a specific game" and lament that no other game is quite like it.

Unless people are complaining about missing Tabula Rasa or some other game in a state that barely qualified as an ALPHA build, Pathfinder Online won't fill that niche - at least when it was last released.

No correction because only I know what I am saying. This is not me saying 2+2=5

Sorry but so many times I hear people talk about games where you are droped in a world where you can make your own story and adventure. They talk about wanting sandbox and tired of seeing all the themeparks.

These games come out and they are not supported. Darkfall, Mortal Online, Project Gorgon, Patheon, Life Is Feudal.

Yea, I do see some we miss Star Wars Galaxies, Everquest and Ultima Online but I see much more we want Sandbox and everytime they release all the do is focus on the negative.

People like that will never find anything to play and I hope it stays that way. lol
  • shohenshohen Member UncommonPosts: 61
    edited January 2016
    I don't think many people miss a time based progression system with a monthly sub for a game in pre-alpha/alpha.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Yes....

/stuck is the missing feature that will make up for the utterly broken foundation....

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• GrenwalisGrenwalis Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Supposedly they are close to signing new investors that will take over development completely. Very unlikely the current 3 guys that make up the team will be kept on.
  • SomeHumanSomeHuman Member UncommonPosts: 560
    Didn't know there was a free trial. Since BnS turned out to be a bore, why not check this out. Maybe checking out a failing title will result in finding some good fun.

Gaming since 1985; Online gaming since 1995; No End in Sight! My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8POVoJ8fdOseuJ4U1ZX-oA

• FacelessSaviorFacelessSavior Member UncommonPosts: 188
    edited January 2016
    Also, just because a person says they miss a certain style or genre, doesn't mean they're going to dig in to any hot mess they get served. A lot of people appreciated the open ended nature of games like SWG and UO because they were real sandboxes. They created tools and gave you free reign within the confines of the mechanics.

Games like Dark fall and Mortal Online only offer one unique tool, ffa full loot pvp combat. The game begins and ends there. The crafting system is shallow, the skills are all combat related and not even remotely balance so that one, maybe two builds are viable, the AI is laughable, there is no substance or character to the game. It's just a pvp game that you have to suffer through the grind for with no payoff. The only singular similarity between MO, or DF, with UO is ffa full loot pvp.

It's easy to say one game is "like" another if your checklist only consists of one particular game mechanic. And even if they were remotely the same, they're such buggy, poorly designed messes, it's incredibly difficult to find that diamond in the rough to redeem them. I spent several months trying to get into both, supporting them with monthly fees. No avail.

At this point I really want to like Pathfinder, but there's nothing to it. What are we supposed to do? Donate money to a dream of what might be? Life is Feudal is on its way. Definitely has promise and as far as the last time I checked, was still doing quite well.
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    Tokken said:

Been dead for years, somehow they just don't know it yet.
  • DrakolusDrakolus Member UncommonPosts: 134
    So just a thought, but wouldn't it be MUCH more intelligent to have a shorter timer on a "stuck" command combined with an automatic bug report including location and maybe even a screen shot or some kinda "last 10 seconds" recording that way the devs could see what went wrong and not have to bother the player who is probably annoyed and having to then dig out the location and other pertinent info?

This kinda thing always bugged me with just about every game out there with a stuck command. Automate that kinda thing and don't make it some crazy long timer, one can only go make a sandwich or grab a drink so many times before they just give up.

/end1stworldproblemsminorrant
  • muthaxmuthax Member UncommonPosts: 703
    SomeHuman said:
    Didn't know there was a free trial. Since BnS turned out to be a bore, why not check this out. Maybe checking out a failing title will result in finding some good fun.

Last time I checked (before they shutdown) the game was terrible, money thrown out of the window
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,985
    Drakolus said:
    So just a thought, but wouldn't it be MUCH more intelligent to have a shorter timer on a "stuck" command combined with an automatic bug report including location and maybe even a screen shot or some kinda "last 10 seconds" recording that way the devs could see what went wrong and not have to bother the player who is probably annoyed and having to then dig out the location and other pertinent info?

This kinda thing always bugged me with just about every game out there with a stuck command. Automate that kinda thing and don't make it some crazy long timer, one can only go make a sandwich or grab a drink so many times before they just give up.

/end1stworldproblemsminorrant
    It's because the game is FFA PvP with looting.  Can't have murder hobos using /stuck to escape.
    Also the devs are now 3 people due to mass layoffs and I think only 1 is a programmer. They could never check logs etc...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018