Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Marine news, and two devs leave.

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    In other news, Chris Roberts allegedly died....

...his hair. Sorry for the typo was busy not paying attention.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    edited January 2016
    You know I don't read Reddit for good reason,  really don't need people bringing its posts over here.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,381
    Erillion said:
    Brenics said:
    He had to come out and say something, there was already a trademark on Star Marine. But if you want me to link more I can link how CIG has all kind of stuff about Star marine and other than that video he made site still says Star Marine is being worked on.
    You mean ... you will copy and paste the stuff The Smarty  posted on his Twitter feed (the "all kind of stuff part") ... which he copied and pasted from Reddit and Somethingawful etc. etc. ad infinitum ad nauseam.

Trademark on "Star Marine" ? Well, lets name it "Starship Bloopers" ... i don't care about the name.

Have fun

Trademark on the name shows intent.  Failed now, and being redefined as per usual, pro forma. 

Remember the vaunted claims of modularity, how SC was going to have all these different groups working on different aspects of the game to streamline the development?  Pretty much all pulled back to in-house work.   Because it was a bad idea to begin with.  Roberts Plan A!

The secret of following Star Citizen is to be totally skeptical of anything Roberts (or an official mouthpiece) says.   'Chris Roberts believes everything he says, no matter what it's relationship to reality.'  - former Origin co-worker.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    edited January 2016

Bunch of people complaining about a quoted title, but ignoring the meat of the story.  Major players in SC development bailing on the ship.  (The Biggest Shill these forums have ever seen should be by any moment to say this sort of developer movement is normal;  major developers quit on big projects all the time; but especially on SC).   Another aspect of promised development being 'dumped' or pushed back.   I think it is probably a sign of SC's poor management shining through.  They are just trying to present it in the least damaging PR way.   SOP.

And hoping no one remembers all the talk they did about this earlier.

Fixed

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Erillion said:
    Brenics said:
    He had to come out and say something, there was already a trademark on Star Marine. But if you want me to link more I can link how CIG has all kind of stuff about Star marine and other than that video he made site still says Star Marine is being worked on.
    You mean ... you will copy and paste the stuff The Smarty  posted on his Twitter feed (the "all kind of stuff part") ... which he copied and pasted from Reddit and Somethingawful etc. etc. ad infinitum ad nauseam.

Trademark on "Star Marine" ? Well, lets name it "Starship Bloopers" ... i don't care about the name.

Have fun

You realize even if I did get it from DS site, that does not mean it isn't true. If you are going to treat it like that, then I can turn it around and say anything CR says and his wife that must be a lie. Truth it truth and I think things just aren't going well for CIG at the moment. Oh that is in my Humble opinion. 
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    edited January 2016
    Brenics said:
    Erillion said:
    Brenics said:

Have fun

You realize even if I did get it from DS site, that does not mean it isn't true. If you are going to treat it like that, then I can turn it around and say anything CR says and his wife that must be a lie. Truth it truth and I think things just aren't going well for CIG at the moment. Oh that is in my Humble opinion. 
    But as my old Grandpa used to say, may he rest in peace, "Consider the source"...thus I'll stick with immediately choosing to disregard Smart.
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295
    Brenics said:
     Truth it truth
    Your thread title ("cancelled") is verifiably incorrect (some here called it a "lie").

So much for "truth".

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Brenics said:
     Truth it truth
    Your thread title ("cancelled") is verifiably incorrect (some here called it a "lie").

So much for "truth".

Have fun
    LOL good way to say it when it is was a mistake that I admitted too and fixed. Guess you have nothing else to say about the links. 

Sorry am not as perfect as you. 

@Thourne Mine use to say the same and CR is the source I don't believe. But if he would post a link I wouldn't make it sound like he wrote it or made the person write it. You guys haven't said one thing about what the links talked about all you did was attack.

You realize that makes it even harder to believe any of you say about DS, CR, or CIG!

Have a good day! 

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,389
    edited January 2016
    Brenics said:
    LOL I really did not mean to make that mistake. Dealing with 3 kids, 2 dogs and making dinner while I read and post. 
    Maybe you should get your priorities straight and take care of business at home instead of trolling and hate mongering on SC.

You might want to take a step back from the DS Altar before it starts having an effect on your family life.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Asm0deus said:
    Brenics said:
    LOL I really did not mean to make that mistake. Dealing with 3 kids, 2 dogs and making dinner while I read and post. 
    Maybe you should get your priorities straight and take care of business at home instead of trolling and hate mongering on SC.
    They are and everything came out great with only one mistake. Wow you guys will attack anything you don't agree with unless CR says it. LOL another post with nothing on the topic and links. :-D

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Brenics said:
    Erillion said:
    Brenics said:
     Truth it truth

So much for "truth".

Have fun
    LOL good way to say it when it is was a mistake that I admitted too and fixed. Guess you have nothing else to say about the links. 

Sorry am not as perfect as you. 

Have a good day! 
    You know there is no way Erillion would ever admit when he is wrong.  He still clings to the story the game was not started until 2012 when the company officially formed even after seeing countless quotes from Chris Roberts himself saying he and a team had been working on the game since 2010/2011.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

edited January 2016
    Brenics said:
     a mistake that I admitted too and fixed. 
    You mean ... the moderator fixed it for you. Unless your new nickname is [Mod Edit: ]

Have fun

Brenics said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Brenics said:
    They are and everything came out great with only one mistake. Wow you guys will attack anything you don't agree with unless CR says it. LOL another post with nothing on the topic and links. :-D
    I am not "you guys" and I actually don't like CR, he's a fat douche and there are some things I have been very vocal about SC in their forums but that's just my opinion, it doesn't mean I am a DS altar boy or can only see one side like you.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Talonsin said:
    You know there is no way Erillion would ever admit when he is wrong.  He still clings to the story the game was not started until 2012 when the company officially formed even after seeing countless quotes from Chris Roberts himself saying he and a team had been working on the game since 2010/2011.
    DING !

Round 32.

Same old same old ....  we could rehash this discussion and all the arguments around it for the 32nd time. It would just be as futile and pointless as the first 31 times. You believe what you believe.

Have fun
    Erillion said:
    Talonsin said:
    DING !

Round 32.

Same old same old ....  we could rehash this discussion and all the arguments around it for the 32nd time. It would just be as futile and pointless as the first 31 times. You believe what you believe.

Have fun

There was a practical application of these differing claims.  When it was useful for the game to be further on in development, the earlier date was cited.  When it was more useful for the game to be newer in development, later dates were cited.

As time goes on, the development dates will probably slip further into the calendar.  Along with caveats about team size, intent, etc.  It won't matter much, as it is doubtless going to be really, really late.   

Have fun on your long and bumpy road.....   ;) 

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

Asm0deus said:
    Brenics said:

You might want to take a step back from the DS Altar before it starts having an effect on your family life.

Why attack him for his posting and not Erillion?  Is it only ok to post countless threads about something if you are their biggest fan?  Honestly, I dont understand some of you.  If Brenics posting is wrong isnt it equally wrong for the other extreme side to continue posting countless threads?  Why is it wrong to be an extremist on one side of the argument and not the other?

The people running this site do the same thing.  They dont have an issue posting positive stuff like "Hey look!  former Wildstar dev now working for Daybreak" but where is the other side?  Where is the big news post about two top developers leaving CIG?   

I'm not saying Brenics is right, what I am saying is if it is ok for Erillion to fill the board with his rhetoric, then why not also allow Brenics?  Do you honestly want to live in a world where only the positive side of things is ever mentioned publicly?  Should we hide the story about McDonalds using kangaroo meat because we dont like to talk negatively? 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

edited January 2016
    Erillion said:
    Brenics said:
     a mistake that I admitted too and fixed. 
    You mean ... the moderator fixed it for you. Unless your new nickname is [Mod Edit: ]

Have fun

He must have been doing it while I was and he won out. Now you are calling me a liar, well am not and yes I did go in and fix it. 

Also I would have a lot more respect for you if you would have posted about these two people leaving. Why is it you only post good things about CIG and not the whole story? 

In other news, Chris Roberts allegedly died....

...his hair. Sorry for the typo was busy not paying attention.

In Other Other news, Chris Roberts went in for an ego trim.

Unfortunately the counselor was crushed by the debris and had to be taken to the emergency room.

edited January 2016
    Talonsin said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Brenics said:

Why attack him for his posting and not Erillion?  Is it only ok to post countless threads about something if you are their biggest fan?  Honestly, I dont understand some of you.  If Brenics posting is wrong isnt it equally wrong for the other extreme side to continue posting countless threads?  Why is it wrong to be an extremist on one side of the argument and not the other?

The people running this site do the same thing.  They dont have an issue posting positive stuff like "Hey look!  former Wildstar dev now working for Daybreak" but where is the other side?  Where is the big news post about two top developers leaving CIG?   

I'm not saying Brenics is right, what I am saying is if it is ok for Erillion to fill the board with his rhetoric, then why not also allow Brenics?  Do you honestly want to live in a world where only the positive side of things is ever mentioned publicly?  Should we hide the story about McDonalds using kangaroo meat because we dont like to talk negatively? 

While I admit Erillion is kind of the other side of the medal, a very pro SC fan you could say I have rarely seen him post misleading titles, or do much more than make many many post with link to information from the SC site itself.

The typical Erillion thread is something like:

Bla bla SC bla bla with a link to the pertinent info  and ends with have fun.

His threads tend to be factual or just reposting what is on the SC forums, he's like free advertisement for SC.

Brenics on the other hand ......is just here to troll and push the DS hate mongering agenda.  He is constantly trying to fool and blow smoke up our behinds via misinformation.

TBH I dunno why he hasn't had a time out yet.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444
    Talonsin said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Brenics said:

One person is reposting stuff found on the games site.

The other person is reposting sometimes 2 to 3 month old articles from some site no one has ever heard of before. That more often then not are just opinion pieces with a very clear agenda.

One person is reposting tid bits from the games official forum.

The other person is creating click bait threads.

One person is reposting transcripts from a livestream on the game.

The other person is reposting any info he/she can find that paints the game in a bad light. Doesn't matter if it's true, false, rumored, unverified.

One person is stopping to answer questions about the game every now and then.

The other person is going out of their way to claim the game is some global scam, doesn't matter what the original topic was about. He/she will find a wait to work that into it.

One person is reposting info from previous and current versions of a FAQ about the game.

The other person is rewording or sometimes directly quoting someone else. That is also a developer, but has yet to create a successful game.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

Roin said:
    Talonsin said:
    Asm0deus said:
    Brenics said:

The other person is reposting sometimes 2 to 3 month old articles from some site no one has ever heard of before. That more often then not are just opinion pieces with a very clear agenda.

The other person is reposting any info he/she can find that paints the game in a bad light. Doesn't matter if it's true, false, rumored, unverified.

The other person is going out of their way to claim the game is some global scam, doesn't matter what the original topic was about. He/she will find a wait to work that into it.

One person is reposting info from previous and current versions of a FAQ about the game.

The other person is rewording or sometimes directly quoting someone else. That is also a developer, but has yet to create a successful game.
    WOW you actually said 2 3 months old? Both were put up today go check. Now i know in the past I put up an older post but it went right along with the thread I was commenting on. Unlike what you and others are doing here. You are not talking about the topic just attacking me. So personally anyone that should have a time out as you put it should be you and a few others. 

I have noticed that if Erillion didn't post it you guys attack those threads. Hoping to get it removed so the (maybe) truth does not come out on this game or if it may be hurting funding for CR. Oh well hope you comment about the topic and not keep attacking. 

• scorpex-xscorpex-x Member RarePosts: 1,030
    Brenics said:
    Nice article over at Ten Ton Hammer.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/columns/respawn/oh-well-star-marine-now-canceled

Ted Beargeon Sr. Concept Artist is now gone!

and

Jason Hutchins, Snr Producer of Star Citizen has QUIT!

Another good read at Information Redux,

http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2016/01/26/star-citizen-lets-talk-more-about-star-marine/

[Mod Edit:  Edited title for clarification]
    Why do you think this matters?  they can be replaced as long as money is there.
    Roin said:

Stuff

What is the difference between a site like TTH and the Official SC site?  Do you honestly believe that everything said on the official site is true?  Negative posters are banned and anything officially posted that becomes an issue is removed.  One person was banned from the site for posting negative stuff on another site. 

The one person is reposting everything from the official site.  Chris farts, lets post it over at MMORPG.com.  Honestly isnt a weekly update post from Erillion and a link to the official site enough?  I do agree that Brenics does sometimes word things poorly.  The original title of this thread is a prime example.

Do we really need to copy this much information from a games official site?  Isnt it enough to just do a weekly update and post links?  Why when Brenics reposts stuff his is wrong but when Erillion does it it is ok with you?  Would you be ok if every game had a person like Erillion just bombing this site every fricken day with information copied from the official sites?

Isnt that true from both sides?  Does Erillion not find a way to turn everything into a positive?  Top developers quit, Chris says things then says the opposite and then here comes Erillion posting it all in a positive way making things seem like it is all rainbows and butterflys at CIG.  How is that not the same thing?

The official game FAQ has changed several times and has been inaccurate in some cases.  Some would also say that it has been a long time since Chris has created a successful game.  I dont really understand your point here.  Arent both (Erillion and Brenics) both quoting game developers?

• RynetRynet Member UncommonPosts: 114
    I love the game but it beats the crap out of my 980GTX Ti, 6 Core Intel i7, and 16 gigs ram. :(