Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Marine news, and two devs leave.

BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
edited January 2016 in Star Citizen
Nice article over at Ten Ton Hammer.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/columns/respawn/oh-well-star-marine-now-canceled

Ted Beargeon Sr. Concept Artist is now gone!

and

Jason Hutchins, Snr Producer of Star Citizen has QUIT!

Another good read at Information Redux,

http://www.informationredux.com/index.php/2016/01/26/star-citizen-lets-talk-more-about-star-marine/

[Mod Edit:  Edited title for clarification]
I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Post edited by Vaross on

Comments

• FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Click bait and lies. The article reads like "It's canceled, but it's not, it's getting rolled into PU which is good... but the promises". Threads like this should get infracted honestly.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    Seriously misleading title and with who the op is surely intentional.

All I am getting from this is the seperate fps test bed will not roll out before integration of the fps elements into the pu, did I miss anything?
  • spankybusspankybus Member UncommonPosts: 1,367
    Click bait and lies. The article reads like "It's canceled, but it's not, it's getting rolled into PU which is good... but the promises". Threads like this should get infracted honestly.

Yea, pretty much. Agree on all points. Both the post and the links are troll food. What a git.

Frank 'Spankybus' Mignone
    www.spankybus.com
    -3d Artist & Compositor
    -Writer
    -Professional Amature

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Your title is an utter lie. What on earth are you doing?
  • whisperwyndwhisperwynd Member UncommonPosts: 1,668
    spankybus said:

Yea, pretty much. Agree on all points. Both the post and the links are troll food. What a git.
    Well, considering the OP's agenda towards SC, I'm not in the least surprised. Such time and effort put into something not interested in. 

Gotta love forums!
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    @Brenics  I value you as counter-voice to the hype but this time you really took it too far.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    Stop calling him a liar, it's on CNN.

• bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    I can only assume OP got Star CITIZEN and Star MARINE confused. He would still be wrong but not as bad.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

Kiyoris said:
    Stop calling him a liar, it's on CNN.

That made me giggle. Thanks :).
  • TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    This is why we readers and users of this forum need to be able to down vote post(since the mods won't lock threads like this).  The OP has an agenda and he uses these forums as a means to his end.   Why MMORPG hasn't put a stop to his BS is beyond me. 
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    edited January 2016
    All I did was quote the article. instead of complaining how about commenting on the links. I found them both interesting. sorry guys I screwed the topic. 

Brenics said:
    All I did was quote the article. instead of complaining how about commenting on the links. I found them both interesting.
    All you did was half read and fail to comprehend articles that fit your anti SC agenda then came here and linked to them...or as you call it Tuesday.
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:
    All I did was quote the article. instead of complaining how about commenting on the links. I found them both interesting.
    All you did was half read and fail to comprehend articles that fit your anti SC agenda then came here and linked to them...or as you call it Tuesday.
    Also, technically, it says "Star Marine".
  • bartoni33bartoni33 Member RarePosts: 2,044
    Well he finally changed the title, nothing to see here now.

Bartoni's Law definition: As an Internet discussion grows volatile, the probability of a comparison involving Donald Trump approaches 1.

BizkitNL said:
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:
    He edited, his original post said Star Citizen
  • PoliticaldadPoliticaldad Member UncommonPosts: 134
    edited January 2016
    Your trolling ... plain and simple.... hence the lie in your thread title

Hey look! the title changed... 
  • ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395

Bunch of people complaining about a quoted title, but ignoring the meat of the story.  Major players in SC development bailing on the ship.  (Errorillion should be by any moment to say this sort of developer movement is normal;  major developers quit on big projects all the time; but especially on SC).   Another aspect of promised development being 'dumped' or pushed back.   I think it is probably a sign of SC's poor management shining through.  They are just trying to present it in the least damaging PR way.   SOP.

And hoping no one remembers all the talk they did about this earlier.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

LOL I really did not mean to make that mistake. Dealing with 3 kids, 2 dogs and making dinner while I read and post. 

• Gymrat313Gymrat313 Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Hate to see how dinner turned out.
    Thourne said:
    BizkitNL said:
    Thourne said:
    Brenics said:
    He edited, his original post said Star Citizen
    I know, I meant the article he was referring to.

But all is well now. Opinions, away!
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited January 2016
    Brenics said:
    All I did was quote the article. instead of complaining how about commenting on the links. I found them both interesting. sorry guys I screwed the topic. 
    All you did was channel the newest The Smarty Twitter posts - almost verbatim. As usual.

Yes, game industry companies have personnel  coming and going. Big news ... NOT.
    Why do you not report about the other developers JOINING ?

Of course the thread title is incorrect. Here is what Chris Roberts really said.

Short version:
    "....So there you are, we will have Gold Horizon, we will have Star Marine, but that will come online once all the basic FPS features are out in and live in the mini PU...."

Long version:

(18:34) Banjo asks: What are the plans for ‘Star Marine’? I know we have FPS mechanics in 2.1, but I’m curious whether the stand alone module with Gold Horizon is still in the pipeline.  

"So yes it is still in the pipeline. I do actually kind of like to say something because I sort of get annoyed sometimes when I see this pop up in comments like “Oh Star Marine is cancelled or Where’s Star Marine!?” Star Marine was just a game mode for people to play the FPS elements of Star Citizen until we could combine everything together: Flying, walking around, shooting, doing all the rest of the stuff, all together, that is what is in 2.0, that’s what it’s 2.1.

With SC Alpha 2.0 onwards, you have basically what we were planning to do from Star Citizen and from the very very beginning. If you could back and look at the original pitch we didn’t say “Hey we’re doing Star Marine,” We said we will have FPS and Board, well you have FPS and you have boarding right now and so what’s really happening is there will not be features that will only be for Star Marine outside a sort of competition match and scoring that isn’t going to be in the game and so we’re actually rolling out the FPS features.

So 2.2 will have some more features on the FPS side and 2.3 will have some more and so on until we sort of what we consider the basic functionality. 2.2 has cover and some other things in it and we’ll obviously have future, there’s things like vaulting and sliding and different kind of stances that we have and there’s a lot more weapons that we have and they’re all getting rolled out and honing it and you guys are going to be able to play it in 2.2 and 2.3 and 2.4

When we’ve got that basic set together we will sort of turn on the map for Star Marine because all Star Marine is, is a game mode. Basically allows you to play a game, have two teams, have some points and so you can just sort of have a Arena Commander style match, but for FPS. That’s useful for you to hone your FPS skills without sort of being in the mini PU and risking some other stuff, but you already have FPS in the game so it’s not like FPS got cancelled or anything like that.

It’s definitely in and Star Marine was originally our idea of how to get people to play the FPS before we could put everything together, but since that obviously took longer than we expected to get FPS to the level that we are comfortable with. By the time we got it to the level we said ”Okay you guys can play this.” Well we already had all the other things combined with the Large World and the 64-bit coordinates and the zone system so that was it. So there you are, we will have Gold Horizon, we will have Star Marine, but that will come online once all the basic FPS features are out in and live in the mini PU."

Have fun

Actually dinner is coming out great, lol.

Erillion said:
    Brenics said:
    All you did was channel the newest The Smarty Twitter posts - almost verbatim. As usual.

Yes, game industry companies have personnel  coming and going. Big news ... NOT.
    Why do you not report about the other developers JOINING ?

Of course the thread title is incorrect. Here is what Chris Roberts really said.

Short version:
    "....So there you are, we will have Gold Horizon, we will have Star Marine, but that will come online once all the basic FPS features are out in and live in the mini PU...."

Long version:

(18:34) Banjo asks: What are the plans for ‘Star Marine’? I know we have FPS mechanics in 2.1, but I’m curious whether the stand alone module with Gold Horizon is still in the pipeline.  

"So yes it is still in the pipeline. I do actually kind of like to say something because I sort of get annoyed sometimes when I see this pop up in comments like “Oh Star Marine is cancelled or Where’s Star Marine!?” Star Marine was just a game mode for people to play the FPS elements of Star Citizen until we could combine everything together: Flying, walking around, shooting, doing all the rest of the stuff, all together, that is what is in 2.0, that’s what it’s 2.1.

With SC Alpha 2.0 onwards, you have basically what we were planning to do from Star Citizen and from the very very beginning. If you could back and look at the original pitch we didn’t say “Hey we’re doing Star Marine,” We said we will have FPS and Board, well you have FPS and you have boarding right now and so what’s really happening is there will not be features that will only be for Star Marine outside a sort of competition match and scoring that isn’t going to be in the game and so we’re actually rolling out the FPS features.

So 2.2 will have some more features on the FPS side and 2.3 will have some more and so on until we sort of what we consider the basic functionality. 2.2 has cover and some other things in it and we’ll obviously have future, there’s things like vaulting and sliding and different kind of stances that we have and there’s a lot more weapons that we have and they’re all getting rolled out and honing it and you guys are going to be able to play it in 2.2 and 2.3 and 2.4

When we’ve got that basic set together we will sort of turn on the map for Star Marine because all Star Marine is, is a game mode. Basically allows you to play a game, have two teams, have some points and so you can just sort of have a Arena Commander style match, but for FPS. That’s useful for you to hone your FPS skills without sort of being in the mini PU and risking some other stuff, but you already have FPS in the game so it’s not like FPS got cancelled or anything like that.

It’s definitely in and Star Marine was originally our idea of how to get people to play the FPS before we could put everything together, but since that obviously took longer than we expected to get FPS to the level that we are comfortable with. By the time we got it to the level we said ”Okay you guys can play this.” Well we already had all the other things combined with the Large World and the 64-bit coordinates and the zone system so that was it. So there you are, we will have Gold Horizon, we will have Star Marine, but that will come online once all the basic FPS features are out in and live in the mini PU."

Have fun

He had to come out and say something, there was already a trademark on Star Marine. But if you want me to link more I can link how CIG has all kind of stuff about Star marine and other than that video he made site still says Star Marine is being worked on.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Meanwhile.....

Back at the outhouse, things are piling up.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    edited January 2016
    Brenics said:
    He had to come out and say something, there was already a trademark on Star Marine. But if you want me to link more I can link how CIG has all kind of stuff about Star marine and other than that video he made site still says Star Marine is being worked on.
    You mean ... you will copy and paste the stuff The Smarty  posted on his Twitter feed (the "all kind of stuff part") ... which he copied and pasted from Reddit and Somethingawful etc. etc. ad infinitum ad nauseam.

Trademark on "Star Marine" ? Well, lets name it "Starship Bloopers" ... i don't care about the name.

Have fun