Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One Million Active Players Since LaunchBS Blade & Soul News

124»

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    z3rodown said:
    Are you guys bashing it because that is the cool thing to do, or are you upset that you have to be actively engaged in playing it unlike most mmorpgs? I feel people don't enjoy the game from it being more complex than 1,2,3 repeat. Which isn't a bad thing if that isn't for you. The game has a fair cash shop which allows you to level faster but not progress end game or interfere with pvp. Yes there are queues for a highly anticipated f2p game but if you buy the premium, which supports the game, you get in within a minute on most servers.

Can someone actually explain your real complaints with the game so I can understand the cynicism? Btw, I have reached the current max level of 45 on an assassin.

You just answered your own question....
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Do I count as an active player ? I logged in for an hour and was like wtf, logged out, and uninstalled. Just felt too corny to me, game is nothing special, combat was ok but ultimately to get to a place where I would log in and be competitive it just wasn't worth my time or money for that matter.
  • SwankdSwankd Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Do I count as an active player ? I logged in for an hour and was like wtf, logged out, and uninstalled. Just felt too corny to me, game is nothing special, combat was ok but ultimately to get to a place where I would log in and be competitive it just wasn't worth my time or money for that matter.
    Agreed. Nothing special with it. I uninstalled it just as fast.

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    edited January 2016
    The game is only good if they do updates fast since its already been out for 3 years in the east. Edit: Also they should've just already made the warlock class part of the start since you're already able to get warlock stuff now...makes sense.
  • HellboundHeartHellboundHeart Member UncommonPosts: 390
    scorpex-x said:
    Gable said:
    Meh.  I'm done already.  I like the asian-flavoured theme, but the PVE game is tired and a touch ugly, PVP is essentially limited to a 1v1 that feels, (to me, at least) kinda pointless, and dungeons--the staple of any mmo--are a cluster#*% without defined roles.

Also, bashing FF14 is just wildly misguided.  I would contend that it's the most complete and relevant mmo we have atm, as evidenced by still-growing numbers despite having a monthly sub.  If you haven't tried it in a while, go back.  You'll be amazed, I think, and games like B&S will feel...flimsy...by comparison.

Just my opinion, of course.

It's ok to have an opinion, as long as you know it's wrong.  It's not growing at all, registered players is not the same thing as subscribers.

Unless you're impressed that World of Warcraft has 100 million registered players of course, if you say XIV is growing them every single mmo ever made is growing too.
    Why do you dislike FFXIV so much? It's kind of pathetic how much you drone on about a game you don't seem to like. 

Also, Blade&Soul arena PVP is so good. 
    I agree. It is pathetic. He does it all the time.
  • MachinationMachination Member UncommonPosts: 70
    NCSoft? No, thank you.
  • HellboundHeartHellboundHeart Member UncommonPosts: 390
    scorpex-x said:
    Nearly twice as many active players as FFXIV has ever had, and that runs in more regions (in before someone spouts the misleading "registered players" number)

That's actually pretty impressive.
    Impressive? 90% in blade and soul are gold sellers LMAO. On top of that, it's free to play Korean crap. I bet you love me this game huh? 

Hey, its 2016, tell me again how FF is failing?

Exactly. No need to get mad bro, the game is still doing good. You're not making a difference, you're just annoying people with you're false prophesies about games failing. Especially ones that are actually doing really well.

You really are mad at the success of other games huh?
  • CelciusCelcius Member RarePosts: 1,869
    edited January 2016
    I won't play a game where they can't figure out how to code it so you can hit auto run while moving or bind Shift W,S,A,D to an ability without it unbinding W,S,A, or D. Shame, I would have probably gotten a solid month or so out of it (The life of this game's popularity before it falls into niche obscurity) Especially since leveling is just questing pretty much outside of a few dungeons and the end game is running 5 dungeons until you get geared and dueling. 
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Free arena is great! I'm logged in now. I'm level 17 and like 6-35, but hey I'm getting better. I'm hoping this and Mech Warrior will get me to Overwatch beta relaunch. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    NCSoft? No, thank you.
    lnao you don't know how many times I cursed while clicking to DL and install. 
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • RamlachRamlach Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Agreed. Nothing special with it. I uninstalled it just as fast.
    Do you guys have tiny hard drives or something? Cracks me up when people say they 'uninstalled it so fast', I honestly didn't care for the game either but i didn't rush to uninstall it. I may try it again at some point or I may not. But whatever just makes me laugh 
  • IwayloIwaylo Member UncommonPosts: 174
    edited January 2016
    Not sure whats the hate here. Yes these 1 million will drasticly drop after few months, but it will still maintain high population. The game will offer tournaments which attracts people, it has nice competative arena and there's big streamers who got hooked into the game who are keeping this game on the top5 views game on twitch which definetly attracts more people and maintains the games prestige.
    I personally havent really played the game much after the release, got like 15lv hero. Not having much time, but again i dont understand the mindless hate in these comments like 'hurr durr i had the game on my pc for no more than a day" or "hurr durr i played a day and the next day i couldnt bring myself to login". World doesnt spin around you, -1 player aint big deal, if i have to say how much times i've felt like not logging in games but later on getting hooked and again later on feeling like not logging in. Heck i've deleted games such as world of warcraft which i played for quite some time many times off my pc sometimes i install it play it delete it cause yolofk it and then week later ill have it on again and play for more.
  • ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    What matters is the population retention three months down the line, launch population is only about pre-launch hype. Having 1 million as a f2p game isn't that much, it will probably be down to 200-300k three months from now and beyond that there is anyone's guess.

At least they don't have to switch to f2p like all those failed p2p games.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    I would not try and brag if I was them. Everyone I know already uninstalled and wont be going back.  They may have 10% of that 1 million still logging in and as someone pointed out 90% of what is playing are gold sellers and bots.
  • linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    Solmagnum said:
    HellboundHeart said:

z3rodown said:

Are you guys bashing it because that is the cool thing to do, or are you upset that you have to be actively engaged in playing it unlike most mmorpgs? I feel people don't enjoy the game from it being more complex than 1,2,3 repeat. Which isn't a bad thing if that isn't for you. The game has a fair cash shop which allows you to level faster but not progress end game or interfere with pvp. Yes there are queues for a highly anticipated f2p game but if you buy the premium, which supports the game, you get in within a minute on most servers.

Can someone actually explain your real complaints with the game so I can understand the cynicism? Btw, I have reached the current max level of 45 on an assassin.

Sure i'll bite and before you say anything, here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yXCRQGhvcY I have played and so has my gaming community group.

Now, besides combat being one of the best in any action mmo, it lacks story and depth. I feel for none of the characters and am not interested in finding Jinsuyon. AT ALL. Sure you can use you're wep from start to finish but, makes later gear useless unless you use it for upgrading. Enemies take about 2 hits to kill, leaving the combat bland. Gold farmers are literally going to kill this game single handedly. The ping, latency and all out lag. Controller support absoulutely sucks ass. ESO did it better. Invisiable barrier's. Not true fully open world. I can keep going and a lot of people feel this way lol.

This game has 2 things going for it, combat and graphics, at times. Other then that, it's an old, generic, Korean mmo.

What else is there to say?

Who the hell plays an mmo for the story? lmao Blade and Souls isn't even about the story or the pve. It's mainly a pvp game. If you're not someone that is into pvp chances are you'll stop playing pretty soon.

Game is not designed around a "controller" the story lacks depth cuz you are likely the type to rush these stories instead of getting invested, or maybe you just don't like the story told perhaps. You are judging enemies going down by likely the first few levels as they do get harder and start coming at you in small groups and the like later on. Then there is actual group content with takign down monsters and the like. If your ping, latency, and lag are high, get a better ISP/speed and stop trying to run the game on a bleeding toaster....

Go play ESO if you enjoy that more along with bethesda/zenimax's horrible storytelling/writing (that's why almsot no one plays skyrim/fallout for story or narratives). Yes there are some invisible barriers and the like and the game is not "truly" open world, but then neither is ESO in large part.

Blade & Soul's story may not be the best ever in an MMORPG (i gotta hand that one to FFXIV : ARR main story line still), but it is far from the worst i've seen (ESO isn't the worst either though bethesda/zenimax need to hire on better writers that can actually create a cognitive narrative that isn't boring drivel based purely on medieval fantasy/nuclear fallout tropes that only last a few hours because they concentrate a hell of a lot more on fluff content, ESO is at least better than skyrim/fallout in that regard, but could still be better)
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    SBFord said:
    One Million Active Players Since LaunchBS Blade & Soul News

NCSoft has announced that over a million active players have taken part in Blade & Soul since its official launch less than a week ago.

Read the full story here

Game has been released for a week and everyone wants to see how sexy ...uhm... good this game is. I'd rather see numbers of active players half a year from now...
  • CryolitycalCryolitycal Member UncommonPosts: 205
    The number of players so early is irrelevant. There are more than enough in any MMO at launch, during leveling.
    When the game hits its max level content and you realize there's shit to do, then it's worth taking a look. I assume in 2-3 weeks almost everyone will be max level - let's see how many stick.
  • NitemareMMONitemareMMO Member UncommonPosts: 239
    garbage, won't even download