Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it worth Returning? What has changed in EQ?

BroadshoreBroadshore Member UncommonPosts: 18

Title says all.

I been planing on returning back to EQ sence I quit back in 03. Now, I heard EQ has changed alot sence the last two expensions. Is it worth returning to a game that started the MMORPG Fab or should I stay away.

Yes, I have Betaed EQ2 and didn't like at all.. I thought the servers where way to laggy and the issue are nuts. Plus, not alot of room to explore as in cities.

Give me your feedback on EQ lets hear what you guys have to say about Everquest of today.?

Thanks

Comments

• Billius8Billius8 Member Posts: 574
    Fortunately the graphics haven't changed at all.
  • brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

No, its not worth returning to. The only thing that has changed is instead of being lfg for 3 hours, you flat out never get invites. The only thing people would group for is MMs, and, of course, SoE cant have us grouping, they will be nerfed. MMs were a strange concept anyways, but they are they ones who put them in the game. EQ devs don't have the balls to do what it takes to keep this once great game alive.

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Originally posted by brostyn
    No, its not worth returning to. The only thing that has changed is instead of being lfg for 3 hours, you flat out never get invites. The only thing people would group for is MMs, and, of course, SoE cant have us grouping, they will be nerfed. MMs were a strange concept anyways, but they are they ones who put them in the game. EQ devs don't have the balls to do what it takes to keep this once great game alive.

Yeah I just found out they're nerfing the exp in monster missions in the next patch. I guess those idiots have to do something to get people to buy their next expansion.

That said, the game IS fun if you have the good vet rewards--the double exp and healer/buffer pet make it to where practically any class can solo and progress at a reasonable rate. I expect it to get nerfed any day now.::::02::

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

Double XP is only for 30 minutes/day. That pet is only 30 minutes/day.

• ChieftanChieftan Member UncommonPosts: 1,188

Originally posted by brostyn
    Double XP is only for 30 minutes/day. That pet is only 30 minutes/day.

But it's a GOOD 30 minutes!

If you have several characters to rotate between you can actually get a decent few hours of entertainment without having to group IF you have vet rewards. I don't think I could play without it the way grouping has gone downhill. People just don't want to deal with forced grouping anymore.

My youtube MMO gaming channel

• BroadshoreBroadshore Member UncommonPosts: 18

Okay, so it's pretty much not worth returning to EQ? :::^(::

• MalakaiMalakai Member Posts: 147
    I would say yeah, go ahead and return.  They have added alot to the game and changed some aspects of it.  So its more then likely going to hold your interest for a while.  Plus with the Titanium pack you can get caught up on all the expansions minus the most recent one for only 19.99.  Also keep in mind that the 7th Anniversary of EQ is right around the corner.  They always seem to do cool events plus have cool items available just for the celebration.
  • BroadshoreBroadshore Member UncommonPosts: 18

Awesome! My Girlfriend who used to play on CT my be coming back. Her worry is that her Account maybe deleted. She started a day after the Ending of L2 Beta. I may hook up with her with she on the server. Now, I heard rumors that many of the old Server have Murged to NEW servers? Is this true?

• ApolloBloodApolloBlood Member Posts: 6
    yeah that is true. well they aren't new named servers, it just shows the servers that were merged together. for example, I play on the Nameless server, and that merged with Innoruuk so it shows as 'The Nameless (Innoruuk) server. you can choose to show 'of The Nameless' or 'of Innoruuk' suffix
  • FarulosonothFarulosonoth Member UncommonPosts: 107

The only one who can decide if its worth comming back is you. The game is what you make it, and it can still be the best mmorpg out there, If you want it to be.

• Billius8Billius8 Member Posts: 574
    From what I can tell, the low-level game is mostly gone and has been for some time.  They have made it easier to level, but the bottom line is you have to level all the way to the top to find regular groups.  Sort of like DAOC now, grind, level, then after a time you can group with others.
  • neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Originally posted by Billius8
    From what I can tell, the low-level game is mostly gone and has been for some time. They have made it easier to level, but the bottom line is you have to level all the way to the top to find regular groups. Sort of like DAOC now, grind, level, then after a time you can group with others.

That's pretty much my experience lately. I decided to start over as a new class for a variety of reasons, and it has pretty much sucked. There are few other people my level, and most are being PL'd. I'm playing a druid, a class I had never given a fair try before, and I am sort of enjoying it EXCEPT for playing alone so much. :(

My level 30 enchanter seems stuck at 30, due to lack of people to group with more than occasionally. LFG = empty at that level during the times I play. Even at the higher levels, I've had mixed luck getting groups-- my 54 mage gets groups easily during prime time, but I have had far less luck with my 66 SK. I just can't compete with better-dressed 70 warriors. Unfortunately, I don't care for being a magician.

YMMV, as always.

I'm thinking about going to EQ2 (trial month has been fun) or going back to WoW. I just don't have the time or patience to grind straight through in EQ.

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• HellCasterHellCaster Member UncommonPosts: 234

I have come back and left my 60 DE SK alone, instead I started another SK (ikky this time) and am having a blast. I made some friends in the Glooming Deep and joined a guild shortly after. A guild with members close to your lvl is the most helpful thing to look for. Other than that i play my necro and enjoy soloing.

Take your time and enjoy the ride.

Playing: varies every day it seems.

• TormentTomTormentTom Member Posts: 37

Originally posted by Billius8
    From what I can tell, the low-level game is mostly gone and has been for some time. They have made it easier to level, but the bottom line is you have to level all the way to the top to find regular groups. Sort of like DAOC now, grind, level, then after a time you can group with others.

I was going to try EQ last year. I got DAOC recently, and was able to group decently :). I love DAOC. I might try EQ soon.

• KadyKady Member Posts: 6
    Neschria, give the druid a fair try... I have one on FV, that I soloed mostly to the mid 60's... They are better XP solo, than w/ a group, often...  W/ my 68 Chanter, well, she has become more of a buff bot, but I still enjoy dragging her out occaisionally... As for the first post, EQ is still fun... It is mostly what you make it..hehe... I left for a while, and came back w/ a new game plan.. "Play when I want, FOR FUN!"  I find I am enjoying it much more that way... I joined a family type guild, that has a few raids here and there w/an alliance guild.. But I don't suffer the pressure of having to be online like clockwork, because the guild requires it...It is much more enjoyable that way... It all depends on your playstyle, and your personal needs... Play it... Don't let it Play You!!  image