Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Battlefield 1942 v.s Call of Duty

Which World War II FPS is better, Battlefield 1942 or Call of Duty? I already have Battlefield 1942, but I might get Call of Duty.

Alethor

Alethor

Comments

• _-Monster-__-Monster-_ Member Posts: 4

Hah!

Even I know the answer to this one!

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the night.
    Put a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    - Terry Pratchett

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the night.
    Put a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    - Terry Pratchett

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722

It is pretty cut and dry there:

BF1942 has no difference between the "campaign" and the multiplayer.  Well the only difference is in the campaign you kill bots instead of other actualy players.

Call of duty is nice because it has a great single player experience where you fight along side other AI in order to achieve goals.  Only problem with singleplayer is that you can beat it in less than a day, but changing the dificulty settings does make it more interesting.  Multiplayer is your standard FPS multiplayer w/ deathmatch, team deathmatch, objective, etc....

So all in all, BF1942 gives you the best Multiplayer experience allowing you to drive tanks, jeep, fly planes and steer ships.  Call of duty gives you a unique never seen before single player experience, while it is fun and very well done, it is a little short, but then again all single player FPS games can be real short if you play it constantly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
    Rich Cook.

"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents."
    Nathaniel Borenstein .

• AlethorAlethor Member Posts: 58
    How is the online play in Call of Duty? Is it somewhat similiar to Battlefield 1942?

Alethor

Alethor

• OltzuOltzu Member UncommonPosts: 103

In Multiplayer you can be 64 players on one server.

Ther are 5 game modes:the standard Deathmatch and team deathmatch then there are three other more interesting modes : "Behind enemy Lines" where a bunch of allied soldiers get chased by Axis soldiers that outnumber the  Allied soldiers if you get shot you have to change place with the Axis soldier that hit you, then there is "Search and destroy" its a little like Counter-strike where you plant explosives on one or two objectives, and the last one Retrieval that is like Return to Castle Wolfenstein where you must steal som documents and the other team have to prevent this from happening.

In Search and Destroy and Retrieval you only have one life so if you die you have to wait until next round to respawn.

One other interesting thing is Kill Cam this is when you die and the Kill Cam lets you see trough your killers eyes for a few seconds when he kills you and let you know where he is, this makes camping a little harder.

And i would not say its similiar to BF-1942

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

i like COD much better, i was never to fond of BF1942, but i liked flying the planes around.. thats about it.

COD is fun and the single player missions are awesome, its not a very long game, but what you get is a fun time.

Ohh Im So Scary... BOO

Hopefully they make an expansion for Call of Duty, with a longer campaign mode. Well I guess I will get it today...

Alethor

Alethor

• Iceman12321Iceman12321 Member Posts: 992

I, myself loved Battlefield 1942 once I bought it. Although I have never played Call of Duty, Battlefield is one of my favorites. It was awesome that you could play multiplayer with 64 other players for FREE - No Monthly fee, no nothing. Is it still free? Been awhile since I've played it, I'll probably play it again tonight or at least soon. One of best games, in my opinionimage.

• LiammccarthyLiammccarthy Member CommonPosts: 77
    I agree that COD is much better then BF1942, but it needs mission expansions.  I beat the entire single player on veteran in one day image

• UiruruUiruru Member Posts: 984
    Hmm I was also thinking of getting COD... guess ill ask for it for christmas... imageimageimage

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Oh my god... dont ask where i found it

A: 73% S: 66% K: 33% E: 26%

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 98% who has, copy & paste this in your signature.

They are making a new expansion again for BF-1942 i think its called "Vietnam" or has it already come out anyways i guess there will be more missions in it. And if you dont have secret weapons of WW2 maybe you should buy that one too.

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Originally posted by Uiruru
    Hmm I was also thinking of getting COD... guess ill ask for it for christmas... imageimageimage

Oh my god... dont ask where i found it

*COUGHasspirateitCOUGH*

Only if they would make an expansion so you would get more missions.image

Because thats the only bad thing with COD the singleplayer is too short.image

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    I believe that Battlefield Vietnam is not an expansion on the original game.  I believe it is a completely new title.  Soemone correct me if I am wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
    Rich Cook.

"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents."
    Nathaniel Borenstein .

Battlefield Vietnam is an expansion I think. You can find trailers and stuff at the main website for Battlefield 1942. 

Alethor

Alethor

• silverbladesilverblade Member Posts: 52

IMO BF1942 was/is heaps better than COD.  The gameplay in COD was fun, but it was all over in a matter of hours.  From what I have read on BF Vietnam, it was orininally a MOD that they have endorsed to make a full expansion pack.  It should rock when it comes out.