Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First TV Commercial for Warcraft Movie Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageFirst TV Commercial for Warcraft Movie Released

Legendary Pictures has released the first television teaser for this summer's Warcraft movie. The commercial shows off several locations and is a synthesis of the longer trailer shown in theaters worldwide. Check it out!

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    Saw this a few times last night during the playoffs.

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• dotdotdashdotdotdash Member UncommonPosts: 488
    30 second advert for a warmed up, computer generated pile of turd. It's not even an impressive turd either. It's the Ultimate Turd of Mediocrity.

£100 on this one tanking so badly it'll make every prot warrior in the world cry.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Lol anything WoW is turd I guess. It looks good, looking forward to seeing it.
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    I think it looks great! And cant wait to watch the movie- It Warcraft lore and I love it. WoWs current state on the otherhand..i dislike

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• KilmaulKilmaul Member UncommonPosts: 121
    DMKano said:
    Avanah said:

Yep me too, wasnt impressed at all. Probably because the last time I played WoW was in 2004, hence the whole thing has zero pull for me.

I am not the intended audience.
    They waited too long to make this in my opinion.  It should've been made 10 years ago.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    Kilmaul said:
    DMKano said:
    Avanah said:

Yep me too, wasnt impressed at all. Probably because the last time I played WoW was in 2004, hence the whole thing has zero pull for me.

They waited too long to make this in my opinion.  It should've been made 10 years ago.

Blizzard are not dumb, it s not late in anyway shape or form. If they re trying to drum up interest in the game , with the  movie, now is as good a time as any.
  • umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519
    edited January 2016
    The movie's pretty solid looking - but as for as Blizzard goes, I'm skeptical of anything they put out these days. It's obvious they're trying to renew some interest in their franchises, but I doubt it's gonna be more than a spike.

Blizzard needs to go back to its roots, when it was a company that didn't care about short term profits, released the games when they were done - and not a second sooner. That's how they grew from a handful of folks in a basement to an empire of Legend.

It boggles my mind why they broke from that to become just another EA - shying away from innovation, rushing games out for holidays... games like Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm: generic clones of successful games already on the market.
  • orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    edited January 2016
    not trolls, no night elves, no goblins, no thanks....looks like a snore of a film. ill just keep watching Vikings on history to see more Travis. ..and yeah its all early lore i know-= bad choice.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Aori said:
    DMKano said:
    Avanah said:

If you like movies and fantasy, you're the intended audience.

However since you played WoW once in 2004, you see Warcraft as a movie and say ya not for me. The movie is based off the first War and has nothing to do with WoW. Movie is actually more of an alternate retelling anyways, it will be different.

If WoW didn't exist people would likely be like oh a fantasy movie, I'll give it a shot. 

Yeah I agree. 

Blizzard is not just trying to reach out to players. 

While it will speak to players who are interested, I think the idea is to entice people who like fantasy stories and of course advertise their gaming world.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • Nickhead420Nickhead420 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Real humans look too out of place in all of that CGI, IMO. Kinda looks ridiculous. But I might Netflix it.
  • umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519
    edited January 2016
    Aori said:
    umcorian said:
    The movie's pretty solid looking - but as for as Blizzard goes, I'm skeptical of anything they put out these days. It's obvious they're trying to renew some interest in their franchises, but I doubt it's gonna be more than a spike.

Blizzard needs to go back to its roots, when it was a company that didn't care about short term profits, released the games when they were done - and not a second sooner. That's how they grew from a handful of folks in a basement to an empire of Legend.

It boggles my mind why they broke from that to become just another EA - shying away from innovation, rushing games out for holidays... games like Overwatch and Heroes of the Storm: generic clones of successful games already on the market.
    Well Blizzard isn't putting the movie out so no fears there, right?

As for HotS, it is actually a very well done game, unfortunately its largest problem is the matchmaking. Overwatch is a B2P that scratches an itch for people who wanna stay in Blizzards circle of gaming products.

Blizzard is smart and they won't be slowing down. They're offering folks a little bit of everything without leaving Blizzard. The whole buy this game and get a special reward in 5 other games is genius. People will be buying Overwatch just for the perks in their main games. 

Legendary Pictures and Blizzard Entertainment are collaborating on the film - Blizzard is absolutely putting it out, just not alone.

A lot of things are subjective. I know some folks like HoTS - I gave it a fair shake. To me, it's Baby's First MOBA without any depth. Whereas Hearthstone revolutionized MTG, all HOTS did - IMHO - was dumb down Dota 2 and LoL, create a kick-ass cinamatic, and call it a day. And I'm very unenthusiastic for Overwatch. I've put in hundreds of hours playing Team Fortress 2 - I don't need the same game with a slight graphics update and Ultimate Moves.

You're not wrong though - Blizzard is great at promoting. They're very profitable and still continue to grow - just not nearly as fast as they did when they were a one-of-a-kind company that didn't just latch onto whatever was hot. Blizzard of old was the gaming company that knew what you wanted to play before *you* knew what you wanted to play. Now they're just in the business of rehashing safe, popular games in time for Christmas. Nothing special anymore.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    I just hope they stay true to the game 

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Never saw a good movie based on a video game. I doubt this would be the first. I have more hopes for the AC movie, maybe it's because I like Fassbender. Although I will defiantly watch wow, not because it's wow but because the director is Bowie's son and he has recently passed away so kinda out of my respect for the father I want to do something nice for the son :|
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    Gaming.Rocks said:
    Never saw a good movie based on a video game.

the mario bros movie was awesome :P hahahaha

the only thing i like about the movie is the scenary ,dalaran looks really cool!
  • gunmanvladgunmanvlad Member UncommonPosts: 281
    I'm not sure the story lends itself to such a movie, as a concept. It's "too epic" and grand-scale at that level, at least in my eyes.

I am expecting mind-blowing CGI and will watch if only just for those + Travis Fimmel (Vikings fan), but the script might just let the movie down. Wonder why they didn't tie it to current WoW events more, or a bridge to Warcraft 4.
  • NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I dont care if its a WoW movie or not. If its good I will go see it. I do hope it does well, as I would love to see video games start making movies that are quality, but so far that has not been the case.
  • WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363
    edited January 2016
    they probably want to do Warcraft trilogy... but who knows...
  • CatibrieCatibrie Member UncommonPosts: 87
    WoW was my first MMO. Would not miss this even if its #$%&.
  • WhySoSeriousWhySoSerious Member UncommonPosts: 156
    I'm an on-off WoW player. WoD was terrible IMO, and I'm not currently subbed. I will be buying Legion though, looks like it has some fun stuff. Looking forward to this movie. I hope it shows the full scope of Warcraft, rather than just humans and orcs.
  • CatibrieCatibrie Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Aori said:

Nanfoodle said:
    I dont care if its a WoW movie or not. If its good I will go see it. I do hope it does well, as I would love to see video games start making movies that are quality, but so far that has not been the case.

Resident Evil hasn't been a terrible series movies.

First one was a good movie the rest we really bad.
  • MachinationMachination Member UncommonPosts: 70
    I think Duncan Jones will make this pretty fun, he does good work. His father was not too shabby, either.  ;)
  • 7urmoil7urmoil Member CommonPosts: 9
    Everybody need to get the "it's game movie so it will suck like all others in the past" shades off on this one.
    There's a very easy way to make a good game movie:
    "People in charge of it need to give a flying faq about the source material."

And I'm pretty sure Duncan Jones and his crew have given it.
    This movie was made by him, supported by Blizzard themselves, because he and other members of the team are old fans of the series and they want to see it do justice.

People who claim that CGI is bad and that real actors look out of place, have aparently never seen anything produced by the studio behind the CGI effect, like you know, Avangers? Which is basically ALL CGI. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnQLjZSX7xM

Anyway, if good CGI was all it took for a movie to be successful rating-vise, Transformers would be astronimical.
    In the end however, the movie will be rated on both visuals and story. So ask yourself, if the "good orcs and humans join against bad orcs" had worked, do you think we'd still have Alliance vs Horde going on these days?
  • 7urmoil7urmoil Member CommonPosts: 9
    Stizzled said:
    I'd be a lot more excited to see it if it were entirely CG.

I'm not sure you're quite aware of process of Blizzard lvl cinematcis. It takes 1 year to make 5min. So full lenght movie is out of the question.
  • AnthurAnthur Member UncommonPosts: 961
    Too many cuts imo. I couldn't even tell you what I have seen at all. Maybe if I replay it in slow motion.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    edited January 2016
    Going to be hard imo so not really surprised by the early advertsing.

The week before sees Paramount's new Turtles film; the 2014 release bettered 2012's instalment taking nearly $500M worldwide. Cinema chains will like that. Give them confidence that it will do well.

And Paramount will be pushing it of course because it will be fighting its own battle with both the new X-Men: Apocalypse film AND Alice Through the Looking Glass (follow on from 2010's $1 billion worldwide monster hit).

Then it is the week of Warcraft. And cinema's will still be showing Avenger's, Alice, Turtles.

And then oblivion beckons as Finding Dorey of Finding Nemo fame releases.  Enough said. This will be in cinemas all summer. The animation looks stunning as well.

And if that wasn't enough the week after sees the reboot of Independence Day.
    Oh and then comes Spielberg's new film (BFG) and Warner's s new Tarzan film.

If it was just Turtles, BFG and Tarzan say life would be tough but - a chance. With what comes just before and just after and the fact that all of these will be being promoted by different studios. Doesn't look good.

Then we move into July with the likes of Ghostbusters, Ice Age, Star Trek and Jason Bourne ..... so no respite.