Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For everyone playing in the CB1: "Ten things we wished we knew"

stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
Might want to read and bookmark this link.  It will come in handy tomorrow.

http://noremorse-gaming.com/content/black-desert-ten-things-we-wish-we-knew

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Comments

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    I'll copy the page for ease of use.

BLACK DESERT-TEN THINGS WE WISH WE KNEW

SATURDAY, JUNE 27, 2015 COMMENTS: 0

Starting a new game can be difficult and to add to the mix Black Desert comes with a bit of a language barrier. We have compiled a list of ten items we wish we knew when we first started playing the game. 

1. Quest All

When you first start the game look at your mini quest log located on the right side of your screen. Once hovered over it you will see a series of 6 buttons at the top right. Make sure all six of these buttons are green. This will enable you to see all the quests NPCs have to offer. These quests will include combat, life, fishing, trade/exploring, and all other quests. You can toggle all quests by pressing the most left green button.

2. NPC Search

Looking for an NPC? Search no more! Click the magnifying glass located next to your mini map. This will give you a drop down that will allow you to target and path to all normal town NPCs. Here you will find NPCs such as the stable master, auction house, skill trainer, etc.The same magnifying glass is also available when you have your map open at the top right of your screen.

3. Importance of Energy and Contribution

As with any game, people are always hyped about hitting max level, or in Black Desert’s case hitting 50. If you’re rolling your first toon we suggest you take the time to level the old fashion way. While grinding and power leveling will certainly get you to level 50, you will be seriously handicap when you achieve your goal. Contribution and energy are two important forms of currency that essentially are used in everything. If you want to gather, craft, start a farm, own a house, etc. you will need contribution and energy. Contribution is obtained through questing and energy is obtained from gaining knowledge of areas, NPCs, and killing mobs.

4. Leveling your health

Everyone knows leveling their health is pretty important in any MMO, but in Black Desert most people don’t know how. If you open up your profile (press P) under the training section you will see your health level. Health can be increased by eating any food that gives a 30 minute cool down. These foods can either be crafted by the player via cooking or purchased off the auction house under the food section (turkey symbol).

5. Inventory Space

Again, we visit the importance of questing. Inventory expansion slots are given through questing. To our knowledge you can receive 35-36 slots from quests. Outside of questing the only other way of obtaining inventory slots are through cash shop items or patron status/subscription service.

6. Auction House Search

A lot of people seem to think the auction house search for item feature does not work, when in fact it does! When you’re looking for an item keep in mind that it is case sensitive. If the first letter of the name of the item is capitalized you must type it that exact way to populate the search. We suggest only using small keywords to get the most use out of the search feature.

7. Gear level requirement

Or the lack there of. There is no level requirement on gear. A level 1 Plum can wear the same set as a level 50 Plum. Keeping this in mind don’t form any sort of attachment to your initial set in game and strive to attain your ideal set for your class as soon as possible.

8. Stay logged into the game

If your computer can handle it and your capable of staying logged into the game you can reap some serious benefits. In game time played gives some pretty nice rewards ranging from additional character expansion slots, pets, and bed. Leaving your character logged in as much as possible will allow you to receive these rewards sooner rather than later. You can check the reward items in the time section of the challenge menu.

9. Being in a guild pays!

Being a participating member of a guild allows you to get paid daily from guild funds. Keep in mind for your guild to give you an active contract they’ll probably be expecting you to be contributing to the guild by doing guild missions and things of that nature to help earn your keep. Why not join a nice guild like No Remorse? =D

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Thank you for this it absolutely confirms this is not the game for me much appreciated

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• NordicApacheNordicApache Member UncommonPosts: 134
    But what about #10? I need to know!
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    Thanks a lot!
    I have read and bookmarked it, so should be ready for tomorrow.
    But what about #10? I need to know!
    Sense this is not Kr its not needed but i'll post it. might work on any other Korean game.

10. Google Translate App

We can give you plenty of tools to be successful in the game but this one is quite possibly the most important. If you are not a Korean speaker grab the google translate app on your smart phone. This will allow you to take pictures on any untranslated text in game and translate it to English. Seriously, it’s a life saver, download it!

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    edited December 2015
    8. Stay logged into the game

lol, I don't see this causing any problems during release or headstart *rollseyes*

People will never log out if they get rewards for staying in the game......
    yes they do and its not a problem but then again Kr has a mega-server.

• nationalcitynationalcity Member UncommonPosts: 501
    edited December 2015
    I thought ESO and Wildstar also had mega-servers but still had crazy que times.... It just worries me if people have an incentive to not logout how the que times will be come release.......

Hopefully it's nothing to worry about.....
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I thought ESO and Wildstar also had mega-servers but still had crazy que times.... It just worries me if people have an incentive to not logout how the que times will be come release.......

Hopefully it's nothing to worry about.....
    Actually, ESO never had a queue at launch. And WildStar didn't do mega server until months later instead of mergers. 

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Thanks for the post. 
  • AkisDarkfoldAkisDarkfold Member UncommonPosts: 16
    Very nice post mate!