Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert With a Little Scam Work

Comments

• laxielaxie Member RarePosts: 1,118
    SirBalin said:
    So a few months ago Black Desert stated that they were launching multiple servers for NA, which was great for the open world pvp aspect of the game.  Posts were put together praising DAUM saying we are so glad you aren't doing a megaserver as we can open world pvp and gvg.  Then they opened up founders packages for $100 bucks...guess what...after buying them they came back and said oh sorry we haven't decided on server types yet, we'll inform you soon.  After a few weeks someone tried to refund their pack and DAUM said you can't refund after 14 days.  So, talk about a bait and switch.  Still, not the end of the world, but a few people..well a lot of people start asking and posting about the concerns and saying if you do switch from what you originally said you will allow refunds correct?  This was your mistake and people should not be held to a $100 founders package for your mistake, give us answers on this asap.  The responses from the CM's were AMAZING...banned stating the topic can't bring anything good, restarted the topic, banned locked, gg.  
    This is very sad....
    You are protected by several consumer protection laws, designed to prevent just this.

If the product differs significantly from what was advertised, you are entitled to a full refund (on the basis of unfair advertising). This is definitely the case in all EU states - and I'd be surprised if it was any different in the US.

If the seller does not respect this (tell you that you can't get a refund, for whatever reason), after you clearly explain your right for a refund, you may report the seller to whatever organisation is responsible for protecting your consumer rights in your country. They will launch an investigation on your behalf, with the aim of settling this in your best interest.

It is tricky when it comes to video games, as many of these promises and changes are in a gray area. If the developer advertises a ranged mage class and then delivers an archer, is it a considerably different product? However, if it is clear to someone fairly inexperienced in video games - e.g. they promise 10 servers, 5 of which are PvP; and then deliver 1 mixed server (don't know if this is the case, don't follow BD closely), it should definitely class as unfair advertising.
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Punk999 said:
    Want a refund? Just call your bank.

Also the 14 day thing was right there in the FAQ before buying.

Jesus, you read nothing...they told us something then changed it...read the post...wtf.  

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    I wouldn't call it a scam. That said, they should offer refunds, particularly if the person is stating something that was changed they didn't agree with at all. Heck, even WITHOUT that reason they should be able to get a refund. Anything where you give money to something before its launch to me isn't right, the person should be able to get a refund at any point before the games release without that much trouble.
    Purutzil said:
    I wouldn't call it a scam. That said, they should offer refunds, particularly if the person is stating something that was changed they didn't agree with at all. Heck, even WITHOUT that reason they should be able to get a refund. Anything where you give money to something before its launch to me isn't right, the person should be able to get a refund at any point before the games release without that much trouble.
    You are correct, it is not a scam and it was not malicious...however, banning people for asking about this...that's a problem...big problem.  Everyone including me loved the CM Jouska that came over...but we praised him so much, hes just on his own program now, banning people locking threads, but locking threads that ask about a refund since they lied...that's a problem.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us

• AngryElfAngryElf Member UncommonPosts: 194
    Anyone who purchases a "founder's pack" in today's MMORPG environment should know by now that it's a gamble.  Whether or not the purchaser is satisfied seems irrelevant with today's developers/producers.  If you don't like what you get, it's nobody's fault but your own.  

This is a generalization, but it seems to be the way of things.  Buyer beware. 
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    edited January 2016
    What the dev tells you in interview, or QA, or similar session is about their plans. They don't need to deliver 100% of everything they've ever planned. Changing plans is not bait and switch, or scamming, it's just part of normal development process.

They are allowed to change the plans much more before they'd need to start giving refunds because of those changes.

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    SirBalin said:
    Purutzil said:
    You are correct, it is not a scam and it was not malicious...however, banning people for asking about this...that's a problem...big problem.  Everyone including me loved the CM Jouska that came over...but we praised him so much, hes just on his own program now, banning people locking threads, but locking threads that ask about a refund since they lied...that's a problem.
    They didn't lie, and the BDO website has a clear policy on refunds in a very concise and easy to find FAQ directly under the pre-order packages:

"I changed my mind. Can I get a refund on my pre-order package?
    You can request a refund from customer support within 14 days of your purchase and only as long as you haven’t accessed the game (this includes access during CBT stages). Refunds will only be provided once. Further details can be found in our Terms of Use."

Why did you preorder if you had a problem with the refund policy? Why did you preorder knowing full well that many things about the game were likely to change given it is going through beta testing before release if you are going to through a tantrum about any changes?

• Punk999Punk999 Member UncommonPosts: 882
    SirBalin said:
    Punk999 said:
    Want a refund? Just call your bank.

Also the 14 day thing was right there in the FAQ before buying.

Jesus, you read nothing...they told us something then changed it...read the post...wtf.  
    I did read your post... both of them on the official forums. I just doubt they would give refunds. 

''Many questions resolved around the issue that the Russian service was facing in regards of lag occurring due to the setup of a 'mega server'. Our team, as well as devs are aware of this issue and we will address it accordingly to provide a proper performance, especially during Node Wars and other events that may lead to lag.

In short: Mega server is not planned for our service.''

So yeah they said they don't plan to have a mega server... that's not really the same as ''We will not have a Mega Server'' They haven't  even said if they are going with a Mega server yet either. I would just wait and see before calling out scam etc..

Also your post were locked for obvious reasons... the post in them and the way you started it.

"Negaholics are people who become addicted to negativity and self-doubt, they find fault in most things and never seem to be satisfied."
    ^MMORPG.com

• SimsuSimsu Member UncommonPosts: 386
    I love that anytime something changes in a game's development (or is rumored to change or maybe might change in the future) that people cry about bait and switch. Nevermind the absurdity of the claim... Stop paying 100s of dollars for shit before it's released - just stop. It's your own fault for buying all these games months and years before they're actually released. Stop being idiots.
  • Jerry-BoyleJerry-Boyle Member UncommonPosts: 18
    edited January 2016
    Most of the problem is taking what they said as confirmation of this or that; when it wasn't that and I believe they apologized for that misinformation.  We would of known if multiple servers or megaservers were confirmed if it was so that's a clear indication of nothing being confirmed there.  So if a few people jumped ship and bought because of a maybe; that's kind of their own fault in a way.  Also chargebucks can still happen if you really dislike it.

As for the thread locks/bans, maybe change how you open/start the discussion(This means look at how you type things).  I don't stalk you or anything but you have a certain way of saying things and it always goes in certain directions heh
    Most of the problem is taking what they said as confirmation of this or that; when it wasn't that and I believe they apologized for that misinformation.  We would of known if multiple servers or megaservers were confirmed if it was so that's a clear indication of nothing being confirmed there.  So if a few people jumped ship and bought because of a maybe; that's kind of their own fault in a way.  Also chargebucks can still happen if you really dislike it.

As for the thread locks/bans, maybe change how you open/start the discussion(This means look at how you type things).  I don't stalk you or anything but you have a certain way of saying things and it always goes in certain directions heh
    I get stalked a lot...it's okay...kidding.  Point is, they are dodging the question 100%...and it's getting very fishy....and just all out dirty.  

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us

• Jonnyp2Jonnyp2 Member UncommonPosts: 243
    Vrika said:
    What the dev tells you in interview, or QA, or similar session is about their plans. They don't need to deliver 100% of everything they've ever planned. Changing plans is not bait and switch, or scamming, it's just part of normal development process.

They are allowed to change the plans much more before they'd need to start giving refunds because of those changes.
    Good luck trying to rationalize with these people....
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    edited January 2016
    Rhoklaw said:
    Didn't Age of Conan use a Megaserver? I didn't hear anyone complain about lack of PvP in that game. Doesn't GW2 use a Megaserver now? Still no lack of PvP, sorry, WvW, in that game. So can someone explain exactly how there is less PvP on a megaserver then there would be available on 5 separate servers?
    Ok so on a mega server you'll end up with instancing of an area, when you hit x number another instance pops up. So you may have 5 or 10 instances of the same area. Along comes Mr PKFukwitGanker looking for likely victims to stab in the back when they're busy fighting a mob when Mr PvECarebear notices Mr PKFuckwitGanker and switches instance. Result = no PvP.

Alternatively, 5 guys from Guild Dethmob are grinding away when they spy 3 guys from Guild ArmpitSmellers, who they happen to be at war with. Dethmob move in for the kill but the armpit smellers see them coming and, you guessed it, switch instance. Again, result = no PvP.

This may not happen all the time, but it can happen often enough to make people feel that random PvP is just a bit pointless. It's mainly open world PvP that suffers from this. In other words, it's something for gankers to whine about.

P.S.
    Forgot to add, AoC had shards, seperate servers, or it did at release and a few years ago when I last checked in on it. Both PvE and PvP servers. Most of the PvP was done in BG's. It may or may not run on a mega server now, but it didn't used to.
  • FlyinpenguinFlyinpenguin Member CommonPosts: 4
    edited January 2016
    SirBalin said:
    posted by Belsazar   26 Nov 2015

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/1696-pm-diary-tamer-release-and-more/

PM_Belsazar   

I did mention in my interview before that we are not going with a Mega Server, but it is still something that we might consider, due to the benefits that would come with it. Before you start worrying, I’d like to provide some more details about what those benefits are. Also please be aware that Pearl Abyss and Daum Games are both very determined to offer the best gaming experience. So our ultimate goal is to secure a stable gameplay.
    A Mega Server would mean that we would have 2 Mega Servers. One in NA and one in the EU. Each offering multiple channels, from which you can choose. You would be able to switch with your character between each channel, thus allowing you to play with your friends that are on the same Mega Server (EU or NA).
    The ‘regular setup’ would be if there were 2 “World Servers” (EU and NA). Although instead of multiple channels, you would find multiple servers named Calpheon, Balenos, Serendia and so forth, from which, you would have to choose your starting point. The downside is, you won’t be able to switch servers (e.g. Calpehon to Balenos) at any time; unless a merge happens due to a deserting server. 
    Again, our final decision will be based on what we believe will be the best experience for players, both on technical terms and for pure enjoyment.
    So Belsazar, I'm confused, why ban people that simply ask things like, "if you do go with megaservers after telling us you were going multiple servers (as you just stated yourself) will you allow us to refund our money?"  It was simple, I posted it two times and I was banned...it's really sad and it's a show stopper to think you guys would run from this and ban anyone that would ask this simple question...will you allow refunds being that your ignorance caused players to preorder?  

Seems like we and especially myself have praised some CM's like Jouska to the point that he has a real big head now.  He's banning and locking everything, I'd suggest maybe since you are the big cheese, you step in and say, this is probably not something we should ban people for.  I even tried to make my post a little comical and when it was banned, I messaged Jouska to please stop the people taht are derailing the thread instead of locking it and I tried again...his response,...7 day ban.  Great job...so, you hide from your own mistakes and you don't respond to whether or not we can refund if you don't continue with what you originally stated.  We had one person in guild already ask for a refund and he was told no refund past 14 days...that's pathetic, you screwed up...you need to step up and get your cm's shit in line.  

On a final note, I'm almost positive you have not played the game, or you would understand why no one wants a megaserver with multiple channels.  The only point you can make is people playing with friends...that's shit.  You fail to mention the number one feature in the game, sieges/node wars become a massive zerg fill rvr and it's just stupid like in KR...but you haven't played so you don't get that.  You fail to mention that you can't GVG becasue you have tons of channel s and can't find each other...ah, but you don't play so you don't get that.  Bunch of crap...
     I dont think thats Belsazar bro, someone just copy and pasted what he posted from the BDO forums. I got fooled too.
  • FlyinpenguinFlyinpenguin Member CommonPosts: 4

Rhoklaw said:
    Didn't Age of Conan use a Megaserver? I didn't hear anyone complain about lack of PvP in that game. Doesn't GW2 use a Megaserver now? Still no lack of PvP, sorry, WvW, in that game. So can someone explain exactly how there is less PvP on a megaserver then there would be available on 5 separate servers?
    You are trying to compare 2 games that are no were near the same as BDO, BDO is its own type of game, I have palyed on the korean server were they do have a mega server and let me tell you, OWPvP does not exist, they have 22 channels for people to run and hide in with a 15 min cooldown on switching channels. Its terrible.
    posted by Belsazar   26 Nov 2015

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/1696-pm-diary-tamer-release-and-more/

PM_Belsazar   

I did mention in my interview before that we are not going with a Mega Server, but it is still something that we might consider, due to the benefits that would come with it. Before you start worrying, I’d like to provide some more details about what those benefits are. Also please be aware that Pearl Abyss and Daum Games are both very determined to offer the best gaming experience. So our ultimate goal is to secure a stable gameplay.
    A Mega Server would mean that we would have 2 Mega Servers. One in NA and one in the EU. Each offering multiple channels, from which you can choose. You would be able to switch with your character between each channel, thus allowing you to play with your friends that are on the same Mega Server (EU or NA).
    The ‘regular setup’ would be if there were 2 “World Servers” (EU and NA). Although instead of multiple channels, you would find multiple servers named Calpheon, Balenos, Serendia and so forth, from which, you would have to choose your starting point. The downside is, you won’t be able to switch servers (e.g. Calpehon to Balenos) at any time; unless a merge happens due to a deserting server. 
    Again, our final decision will be based on what we believe will be the best experience for players, both on technical terms and for pure enjoyment.
    Hahaha, lol...I thought this was pm bel actually posting...just realized it was a copy and paste...

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us

• RhygarthRhygarth Member UncommonPosts: 259
    edited January 2016
    1. Its in beta there for its subject to change.

2. you are passed your 14day refund so why should you go on the forums and ask for a refund when you know your allready passed the 14day time limit ?

3. you should e-mail support rather than go on the forums and moan.

I would be surprised if any game company would talk to you about refunds on their forum

• carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Torval said:
    carotid said:
    Torval said:
    Phry said:
    Simple guildlines for better games, don't preorder, don't buy founders, and don't support games that try the old day 1 dlc shenanigans.
    Sadly, people still do those things, regardless of the outcome and likely complain about it months later.
    I sometimes pre-order and buy day 1 DLC, but then again I don't go bitching and whining if a change happens that doesn't go my way. People, take some responsibility for your own decisions ffs.
    Why not? You should! Stop settling for crap! You're one of the the reason the industry IS crap today! WAKE UP, MAN!!
    I get what I want. I guess you'll just have to deal with it. I like a lot of what the industry makes. In any event I don't make my decisions for your convenience.

By the way I'm pre-purchasing Torment when it opens for early access on Steam.
    I get what I want. <-----That's not saying much.

I guess you'll just have to deal with it. <-----I don't deal with trash.

I like a lot of what the industry makes. <-----One man's trash is another man's treasure, right? lol

In any event I don't make my decisions for your convenience. <-----Stupid statement.

By the way I'm pre-purchasing Torment when it opens for early access on Steam. <-----Not everyone has the intelligence to learn. 
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    Why don't they just do both? They can have a list of servers all tied to a megaserver if they want to. Then you just make a character and pick the server you want to play on that day. If they make it that stupid channel system, that is going to suck and ruin the whole sandbox feel of the game entirely. If they make you log out and log into another server and maybe put a cool down on it, then that would be ok I think. I get why megaservers are attractive to developers, but you can't destroy the game for the sake of convenience. This is something they really should have said firmly before taking money from anyone. You can't tell me they honestly haven't decided this less than 2 months from release. It sounds like they are floating this because that's the direction they want it to go. We will see if they listen to the community this time. I'm cautiously optimistic because they did listen on a few other important issues so it will be interesting. 
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Looking at the "disaster" Blade and Soul is currently in (all servers under 30-240 minute queue half of the day), I'd say they will be strongly considering megaservers now.

And I don't blame them. There's nothing as fucked up as not being able to play the game you've paid for.

donger56 said:
    Why don't they just do both? They can have a list of servers all tied to a megaserver if they want to. Then you just make a character and pick the server you want to play on that day. If they make it that stupid channel system, that is going to suck and ruin the whole sandbox feel of the game entirely. If they make you log out and log into another server and maybe put a cool down on it, then that would be ok I think. I get why megaservers are attractive to developers, but you can't destroy the game for the sake of convenience. This is something they really should have said firmly before taking money from anyone. You can't tell me they honestly haven't decided this less than 2 months from release. It sounds like they are floating this because that's the direction they want it to go. We will see if they listen to the community this time. I'm cautiously optimistic because they did listen on a few other important issues so it will be interesting. 
    Yea, they do it like a channel system...so you never see the same person twice in the open world...it ruins the game

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    edited January 2016
    It is not the companies fault if they happen to change the direction of the game at some point.

Let me be very clear, it is YOUR FAULT when you buy $100 dollar worth of nothing before a game is even out, then you get disappointed. You knew what you were getting into (the risk of paying before launch), and you went for it.

You want these practices to end? stop supporting those practices with money and they will end.

It is not the companies fault if they happen to change the direction of the game at some point.

Let me be very clear, it is YOUR FAULT when you buy $100 dollar worth of nothing before a game is even out, then you get disappointed. You knew what you were getting into (the risk of paying before launch), and you went for it.
    When they openly say, "we will not have mega servers"  then you should feel rather safe. 

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    SirBalin said:

When they openly say, "we will not have mega servers"  then you should feel rather safe. 
    Game development is complicated, taking their word for granted before the game is out (in our market) is not right. Sure they could be more transparent with the community, but when publishers make last minute changes that may or may not be what you like..... That is part of "The Risks of Paying before a game is out".

Just dont do it and you wont be disappointed.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    SirBalin said:

"Read my lips no new taxes" 

Things change, especially with MMO development.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon