Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tera Questions

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
So I tried the game out, about 2 hours in and level15.  It seems ok, I am playing a berzerker.  Do the characters ever get fully dressed in the game?  It looks like a lot of people are running around half naked?  I am playing a Castanic make and it no matter what i wear, only had 3 tops, my chest was always exposed.  It looks like a lot of the female characters are wearing bikinis too. 

Is it like this all the way through. 

Also how is the grouping in the game.  Are the group mechanics decent?  It looks like you can queue for groups with "h", is that correct?

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Not sure about the grouping with H but the armor only gets shorter for ladies.  You are stuck looking at midriffs and jiggly boobs in this one mate.  The bikinis are costumes that were released in the store long ago and really break the immersion.  I loved the combat but hated all the rooting while animations play.  I have jumped into some pick-up groups but if you really want to get the most enjoyment out of Tera you need to join a strong guild.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    I think I might be done with this one.  The game is ok, but the T&A is ridiculous.  IT just looks stupid.  I do think they did a good job with the scenery.  The city I went to looks cool too.  I just wish by toon was not half naked in heavy armor. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• LithuanianLithuanian Member UncommonPosts: 542
    Tried Sorcerer today.  Unfortunately for noob - ran into many things.
    1) Customization. When creating toon, I just can't customize body or even colour of eyes manually.
    2) look and run controls. is there any way to make my toon running forward no matter where my mouse/whatever looks? Currently if my mouse looks right and I move left, I will move left, but look right. Any option so sinchronize to one key?
    3) ridiculous think with first quest. I have to gather smth on starter island and then (if I remember good) report to someone. I see some rabits, they have weird symbol above their heads. I get close to rabit, press "F" - nothing happens. I kill rabbit, get close, press "F" - nothing happens. Then saw a field of some plants with same weird symbols too. Could not interact. What went wrong there?

And yes, if I chose to play Tera (controls are hard to master for me) - how to setup (skills, trait tress...) my Sorcerer?

[question about running (half) nude omitted - would try to figure it out if Tera has a kind of wardrobe system]
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    One thing made me laugh when I played this was the way the Castanic I think the race is ran... she would hunch over and show her ass. I know,I know fan service and all that, all that aside I think the combat rooting made me dislike the combat a lot. I gave up after I played for awhile but I must say it has a very large variety of mobs .... good graphics in terms of variety.
    Chamber of Chains
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Trying a High Elf Mystic.
  • saintriku92saintriku92 Member UncommonPosts: 87
    kastanic males are the worst for that actually. from what i remember anyway they were dressed very skimpy even as a male  haha
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    I think this falls under the "do your research" column.

Plug in the name "Tera" to google images and see what comes up. One should get a pretty good idea of the art design from that.

As far as the game goes, I've finally managed to download it again (had troubles with the launcher only to somehow download a European "fix" and I didn't realize that until I tried customer service) and then downloaded it again.

I'm always in love with my Lancer as I like the class so much. I feel though that I might have to start over again as I'm a bit lost in what I'm supposed to be doing, there are so many changes. One thing I suffer from is very poor inventory space so I need to see what fixes that.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo