Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Update 1.6 is coming soon! Drastic changes, basically a relaunch.

skulyskuly Member UncommonPosts: 140
Hopefully word spreads and a lot of people come back to Firefall or try it for the first time.

Processor: Intel Core I5-2320
Memory: 8GB DDR3 RAM
HDD: Samsung 830 256gb SSD-SATA3
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7950 3gb

Steam:Skuly
Warframe:Skuly1775

Comments

• BalianWolfieBalianWolfie Member UncommonPosts: 240
    I am waiting for the next relaunch. :^)

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    So at this point this is like the third relaunch. Like always I will check it out, but my hope for this game is gone.
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Too little, too late. Unless there is a truly massive influx of players, I don't see the game making it to 2017. A shame, because the upcoming build is fairly good. Sucks to lose the only decent open world shooter MMO out there. 

Dammit, somebody please either create an unofficial server for Tabula Rasa, or make a game close to it. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    They have slowly taken away everything I loved about this game.  I played my Firecat (most likely for the last time) last night. Gone is the wonderful Thermal cannon that had a long range alt fire and now they gave us....flamethrowers...sigh. Beta .7 was simply the best MMO I have ever played.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    ANOTHER relaunch ?!

MORE drastic changes ?!

How many times can you "start over", lol ?
  • skulyskuly Member UncommonPosts: 140
    edited January 2016
    EDIT:

The game is in a sad state, they have this screenshake while you are shooting and it can make you sick.

And they broke energy regen on jetpacks. you have to be on the ground to let your energy regen so that you can use it again.

I can't believe they thought adding a massive screenshake was a good idea, and none of their testers said anything.

The players of the game complained on the forums, yet Red5 ignored it and launched the update with this stupid screenshake.

I'm losing faith in them.

I'm giving them until the 1st of Feburary to fix it or I'm done. I wasted 5 years on firefall and Red5 is screwing things up badly. 

I'm not even going to play unless it's fixed by the 1st, I can't stand the screen and character shake.

Post edited by skuly on

• EpicJohnsonEpicJohnson Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Just tried 1.6 ...... Red5 Jumped the Shark! bad update
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Just tried 1.6 ...... Red5 Jumped the Shark! bad update
    Whats bad about it?
  • EpicJohnsonEpicJohnson Member UncommonPosts: 83
    My experience, My main was/is a Firecat
    Removed thermal cannon (primary fire medium range aoe, secondary fire burst small aoe with dot) replaced with a short ranged flame-thrower (but you can aim down the sights)
    Removed burnjets (hover boots that spat out huge fire)
    Inferno dash (forward movement burst that left trail of fire)
    Reduced speed of everything added items in cash-shop to increase them for a while. 
    and the Arsenal frame has been removed from game
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    skuly said:
    EDIT:

The game is in a sad state, they have this screenshake while you are shooting and it can make you sick.

And they broke energy regen on jetpacks. you have to be on the ground to let your energy regen so that you can use it again.

I can't believe they thought adding a massive screenshake was a good idea, and none of their testers said anything.

The players of the game complained on the forums, yet Red5 ignored it and launched the update with this stupid screenshake.

I'm losing faith in them.

I'm giving them until the 1st of Feburary to fix it or I'm done. I wasted 5 years on firefall and Red5 is screwing things up badly. 

I'm not even going to play unless it's fixed by the 1st, I can't stand the screen and character shake.

Red5 wasn't listening to player feedback since very early closed beta. I got out of there quickly. They had absolutely no clue what the hell they were doing and their egos (especially dumbass Mark) ruined the game. Doesn't help when you've got the typical swath of developer nuthuggers that think, "what the dev does is clearly their vision so any feedback is wrong." 

... damn, I hate those people.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I backed this from the very beginning and still have my firefall beanie cap.  Game was so much fun in beta with thumpers going everywhere and bugs all around.  The game is nothing like that anymore and the beanie is buried in my closet, never to be worn again.  I have never seen a game go though such sweeping changes so many times.  Such a shame...
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Ive given up on this game.   I don't consider this a relaunch but fine if others want to try it again.  
    edited January 2016
    I actually like most the changes, and I feel they finally brought the game to a good place and are going in the right direction with the gear and combat changes.

I  just don't like how they went about it. They where obviously in a hurry to push out 1.6, now it's out and a lot of players had problems with the character migration. Characters missing item that were supposed to be converted to new gear. 

But to me their biggest failure was releasing the 1.6 without removing the screenshake and fixing the Jetpack energy regeneration bug.

You don't regenerate energy unless you are on the ground. Those two issues are ground breaking for a lot of us.

They say they have internal testers, and people complained about the screenshake on the forum.

They had to be aware those things where major issues, yet they still released the update.

If they had removed the screen shake I probably would be playing the game. But at this point I am so upset at them that I am not sure I want to deal with their nonsense anymore.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Not logging in...might never log in again....went through the crap at launch and now this. It's hard to know what they will do next. Sad because I really really liked this game in beta. Red 5 is a prime example of incredibly poor management throughout it's history. If only there was a .7 version running on some server somewhere...
  • Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    I'm pissed that they removed the arsenal. It had its problems, but it was one of my favorite frames. Screw you, Red5. 

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

I am actually having fun, just sucks I have to do all these missions to unlock instances.

• Nicco77Nicco77 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    The game after the update is broken,unplayable because of 50% of bugged quests and events,bugged battleframes,issues with login and istances,and red 5 instead to solve at least the more critical issues has launched a stupid seasonal event 100% bugged as hell like the rest of the game.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360

This game should be renamed PHOENIX

If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    If at 1st..............
    I hope for a Tabula Rasa clone someday,Firefall will likely be shut down in 2016,it's obvious that they don't have the resources and staff to fix the problems.
  • mystik13mystik13 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    Gave the game another try, most of my epic gear and weapons was either deleted or broken, basically reduced to trash.  Not good enough.  Quickly deleted.
    edited February 2016
    mystik13 said:
    Gave the game another try, most of my epic gear and weapons was either deleted or broken, basically reduced to trash.  Not good enough.  Quickly deleted.
    They screwed with the refund,also the script used bugged a lot of characters so people can't get into the game,they don't have people to check tickets,read the forums and fix problems I don't think the game will survive all this.
    Yeah, I uninstalled the game the other day. I played firefall for years in beta and since launch. They destroyed all the classes/battleframes and I could deal with a lot of crap they have done over the years but what they did to battleframes is too much for me.

• KatillaKatilla Member UncommonPosts: 829
    I would have loved to try it, downloaded the client and every time i try to launch it, nothing happens.
  • AeanderAeander Member LegendaryPosts: 7,836
    Rzep said:
    So at this point this is like the third relaunch. Like always I will check it out, but my hope for this game is gone.
    Third? They must have rebuilt this game like a half dozen times by now.