Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unreal Tournament Open Pre-Alpha

RynetRynet Member UncommonPosts: 114
I was reminiscing today and looked at the Unreal Tournament website and low and behold Unreal Tournament is having a Open Pre-Alpha that is going on right now with instant free access.

It's a collaboration with Epic Games and Developers and it is open source.

The game is a 4.5 gig download

https://www.unrealtournament.com/

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다

• RynetRynet Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Awesome! Thanks for the heads up
    It actually fits well with a post that is on this website right now. On the download page it states.

" Unreal Tournament is being developed as collaboration between gamers, developers, and Epic Games. We update the game regularly, and the community can not only play, but share ideas, make mods, or even help in the development." 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I am a big fan of unreal and Quake however this new Unreal is way too much like Quake.

I also fear NEWNET or zero ping will totally ruin the game.I don't want super fast kills,i want strategy and smarts.Also seems they have moved towards jump pads over portals,i assume to lose portal camping but again you might as well just make Quake then.

I think we will definitely see some  well constructed maps where as most maps had several flaws in the old unreal.
    I am not a fan of powerups or bl jumps so will have to see if they can bring the magic back.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• YexaCYexaC Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Rynet said:
    I was reminiscing today and looked at the Unreal Tournament website and low and behold Unreal Tournament is having a Open Pre-Alpha that is going on right now with instant free access.

It's a collaboration with Epic Games and Developers and it is open source.

The game is a 4.5 gig download

https://www.unrealtournament.com/
    Amazing, thanks.
  • YexaCYexaC Member UncommonPosts: 7
    @Rynet Is it going to be F2P on release?
  • RynetRynet Member UncommonPosts: 114
    YexaC said:
    @Rynet Is it going to be F2P on release?
    It's open source so yes it will be free to play and there will be no cash shop.