Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Impressons with TheHiveLeader - Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageFirst Impressons with TheHiveLeader - Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen

TheHiveLeader takes a look at the PC release of Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. Will he slay the dragon or get killed by some kind of weird genetic experiment gone wrong? Find out now! Set in a huge open world, Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen presents a rewarding action combat experience. Players embark on an epic adventure in a rich, living world with three AI companions, known as Pawns. These partners fight independently, demonstrating prowess and ability that they have developed based on traits

Read the full story here

Comments

• huntersamhuntersam Member UncommonPosts: 210
    i always love hiveleaders videos
  • CzelawCzelaw Member UncommonPosts: 173
    Dwarf tossing 10/10!

• xyzercrimexyzercrime Member RarePosts: 878
    dont eat it... it's... full... of.... cholesterol...

ROTFL!!

When you don't want the truth, you will make up your own truth.
  • flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Awesome!
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Not my kinda game at all, but the video is awesome - Murph toss ftw :wink:
    You should make a sequel focusing on that, longest toss, highest, toss into a mob group, etc.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    I have to say that I actually like that I don't have to control my party. I've never liked that kind of micro-management. Completely love this game, old graphics and all.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • DrakolusDrakolus Member UncommonPosts: 134
    I've never met Bill Murphy but that's exactly the mental image I had of him :D
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Great overview, was entertaining to watch.
  • ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263
    I should start making Bill Murphy "pawns" as well, it's totally should be a thing. ;)

Cheers.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    edited January 2016
    I am playing Witcher 3 .I am on normal I managed it fine so far. I was wondering if this game might be too hard for me to manage since I suck at action games.

The video was a hoot and a half.
    Chamber of Chains
  • inmysightsinmysights Member UncommonPosts: 441
    Love how you always rip in Bill Murphy LMAO

I am so good, I backstabbed your face!

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,551
    Bill Murphy tossing for the win!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    I'll have to be on the lookout for that BillMurp pawn to tos... err... use as a valuable member of my party :)
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    I died at the dwarf tossing lool - RIP @BillMurphy
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Iselin said:
    I'll have to be on the lookout for that BillMurp pawn to tos... err... use as a valuable member of my party :)
    I wonder if that pawn will begin to warn of cliffs and long falls.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Nice shot at Bill Murphy ! :D

cheyane said:
    I am playing Witcher 3 .I am on normal I managed it fine so far. I was wondering if this game might be too hard for me to manage since I suck at action games.

The video was a hoot and a half.
    Its not that hard on normal and there is an easy mode as well. The trick is that some areas are very hard, but you are free to (and should) just go and do something else. It doesn't show you levels on mobs/quests or anything, but you learn pretty quickly what is dangerous.

Its not like Dark Souls/Bloodborne where every monster can one or two shot you and you can end up having to play the same stage over and over again. If you do find that situation, like I said before you can just do something else or reform your party. For example some monsters are particularly vulnerable to a certain element, so you can equip different skills or hire a pawn that has the skills you need.
    Thanks yashax but does the game have a lot of dodging and jumping out of the way or quick movement ? My reflexes are very slow .I rather not spend my money on a game that will then merely decorate my steam library.
    Chamber of Chains
  • VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    cheyane said:
    Thanks yashax but does the game have a lot of dodging and jumping out of the way or quick movement ? My reflexes are very slow .I rather not spend my money on a game that will then merely decorate my steam library.

Depends on what class you choose. The dagger wielding classes are the only ones who can get a dodge roll move because its in the dagger skill line, striders or assassins. Assassins can use swords too though because its a hybrid class. Mages and Heavy armor classes dont really have to move that much since mages have to stay still to cast magic and heavy fighters can soak up damage and block with shields.
    edited January 2016
    cheyane said:
    If you can play witcher 3 you should be fine. The classes mage, sorcerer, Mystic Knight, and to a degree Magic Archer don't require you to dodge/ jump around much. Ranger can also play mainly from the backlines but you have to aim (magic archer attacks lock on).

Get or make a good fighter pawn to take the agro and mobs should mostly leave you be (although some are more intelligent than others).

I of course can't guarantee that you will like it, but its probably my favorite game so if you like the look of the videos I think its well worth a try. I think to an extent you have to like complex, deep, immersive, and somewhat openworld rpg systems to enjoy it. The game doesn't really hold your hand (like many Bioware games) and it is fairly complex, but at the same time intuitive if you take the time to explore the world and take note of its lore.

If you do get it and want some advice about builds etc, feel free to ask.
    edited January 2016
    Thanks so much you two I shall look at the vids. Currently I am enjoying the hell out of Xcom Enemy Unknown. The cutest thing is my husband sits by my side and watch me play every night and gives me tactical advice. I keep telling him to play it on his computer but he says he is tired and just wants to watch a mission or two.
    Chamber of Chains
  • Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    Action rpg's are my least favourite genre but as usual the video rocks :)

The kitty is a bad representation of a chimera btw. This one just looks like a goat humping a lion, I think they based it on this bronze https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chimera_(mythology)#/media/File:Chimera_di_Arezzo.jpg