Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Citizen honeymoon is over

Comments

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    feroshus said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Look at this. Do you see this?

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Anticipated_release_schedule

Whatever you think you're saying, stop it. If there aren't a thousand people flying around you, if there is minimal, single-player-esque gameplay, it is feature-incomplete Squadron 42, not alpha Star Citizen.

It is what it is, who really cares what they call it. It's clear they're putting a ton of work into the game, and that's all anyone can really ask for. The article in question still sucks as journalism or even as an opinion piece. Splitting hairs over which build is which or what they should or shouldn't be calling it just makes you sound like a desperate entitled troll.
    If you tell people "Fox news" isn't "news" but "a little news with far right spin", are you a desperate, entitled liberal?

• feroshusferoshus Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Adjuvant1 said:
    feroshus said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Look at this. Do you see this?

http://starcitizen.wikia.com/wiki/Anticipated_release_schedule

Whatever you think you're saying, stop it. If there aren't a thousand people flying around you, if there is minimal, single-player-esque gameplay, it is feature-incomplete Squadron 42, not alpha Star Citizen.

It is what it is, who really cares what they call it. It's clear they're putting a ton of work into the game, and that's all anyone can really ask for. The article in question still sucks as journalism or even as an opinion piece. Splitting hairs over which build is which or what they should or shouldn't be calling it just makes you sound like a desperate entitled troll.
    If you tell people "Fox news" isn't "news" but "a little news with far right spin", are you a desperate, entitled liberal?

One things for sure, that's a pretty desperate analogy. 
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Adjuvant1 said:
    ... Going forward will be a nightmare of rectifying a buggy mess of ill-fitting modules and, best-case scenario, the finished product sometimes in 2018 will be of significantly lesser scope than ever advertised. People deserve to understand this.
    We seem to have made some solid progress in the last 12 months, lol

A year ago, the popular chorus here was that SC was a complete scam and that no game actually existed. CR was apparently buying private islands with the money, or some such.

Now, many are saying that there is in fact a game, but that it will be 10 years late, unplayable, 25% of what was promised, etc., blah, blah, rabble, rabble...

I wonder how the song will change over the next 12 months ? :D
    Pre-Alpha does not make a game. Call me if it ever hits beta 2.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    CrazKanuk said:
    Brenics said:
    Nice write up by PCPowerPlay!

http://tinyurl.com/jbhbqv2

I'm not understanding why this is a good article. I feel like I clicked it thinking that I was going to get something, ANYHTING that someone with even an average amount of knowledge of SC and an 80 IQ could write. NOPE! Wrong on both counts. 

What's most sad is that the author has, apparently, dumped $1000+ into the game and talks as though there's nothing to play. Check your email occasionally!! Alpha 2.1 is out there! 

Additionally, we dive deep down the rabbit hole of the contextual abyss that is "being late". I've said before and I'll say again, I actually went WAAAAAY out on a limb before and stated without any sort of fact checking that I'd bet around 80% of games that are on these "Most Anticipated of 2016" lists are games which have been delayed for some amount of time. Guess what? Of the 4 or 5 sites I checked, I think I was pretty damn close (I think the number was 75%ish). So if we're going to do and apples-to-apples comparison, what is the real meat of this story now? Let's not use the "late" argument because it's really just a sad attempt to gain a foothold, but while I sounds good, when it's placed into context, it's bullshit. 

Secondly, he still believes that CR is driving the ship, lol. He talks about CR needing to delegate more and trust more. This actually made me giggle a little bit inside. To believe that CR is taking sole responsibility for all of the decision making (even when he had a more involved role) is just funny. 

I'm really sorry, but I seriously doubt this person has dropped $1000 into the game and, secondly, this article would have been more relevant if it had been posted a year ago. So I think someone should copy it, fire up the Delorean, and zoom their asses back to a time when this article was relevant. 
    A little quick to jump down the author's throat, CK: scroll down a bit past the article and find this comment:

"Author here. While this article is dated today it was written several months ago for my PCPP magazine opinion page, just a few days after Mr Smart made a big deal about getting his money back. I was surprised to see it posted here, now.

Since then, as we know, the story has taken many twists and turns with much evolving drama. Since then, too, we've been able to see and enjoy tangible SC gaming in the latest alpha 2.1, which goes a long way to assuring me, and I'm sure many others perhaps also including Derek Smart that real work is getting done.

Regardless of that though, I don't think the piece I wrote has dated that badly and it remains a generally fair assessment of concerns still shared by some in the community today."

Thanks, I didn't read the comments. I'm glad that the author took it upon himself to note it was written earlier. I don't think that my assessment, had the article actually been written today, was completely invalid. I think it states common concerns, he's right, but concerns that are, largely, heavily mitigated at this point. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

Brenics said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    ... Going forward will be a nightmare of rectifying a buggy mess of ill-fitting modules and, best-case scenario, the finished product sometimes in 2018 will be of significantly lesser scope than ever advertised. People deserve to understand this.

A year ago, the popular chorus here was that SC was a complete scam and that no game actually existed. CR was apparently buying private islands with the money, or some such.

Now, many are saying that there is in fact a game, but that it will be 10 years late, unplayable, 25% of what was promised, etc., blah, blah, rabble, rabble...

Actually last I checked, that's exactly how games are made.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    What makes the unsubstantiated allegations and sensationalism of some random Australian any more important than the same stuff posted by various people on these forums ?

There are 2 certainties here:
    1. development on SC will continue
    2. Brenics will keep trying to stop it

:D
    You forgot one... 

3. Erillion will continue to promote it

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Talonsin said:
    What makes the unsubstantiated allegations and sensationalism of some random Australian any more important than the same stuff posted by various people on these forums ?

You forgot one... 

4. Feroshus will continue to insult people over it, as if he's on the project.
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Talonsin said:

You forgot one... 

Lol nice, but putting me in the same list as those two is laughable. I insult haters of all games equally. It seems to have become "cool" to shit all over other peoples hard work these days. It's my hobby to work against that trend, by being equally negative in a more obvious and ironic way.

SpottyGecko's comments in this thread are exactly right, the desperation displayed by the haters of this game is nothing short of hilarious.
    feroshus said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Talonsin said:

You forgot one... 

Lol nice, but putting me in the same list as those two is laughable. I insult haters of all games equally. It seems to have become "cool" to shit all over other peoples hard work these days. It's my hobby to work against that trend, by being equally negative in a more obvious and ironic way.

SpottyGecko's comments in this thread are exactly right, the desperation displayed by the haters of this game is nothing short of hilarious.
    I'm generally on the side of artists. The last couple months, SC has been "too little too late". I have my suspicions as to why they're stalling, I think there's another shoe to fall, something about minimum req specs, but I'll save that for another day.
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    barasawa said:
    Any article that opens with "Opinion: Derek Smart is probably right." should fire off all kinds of red flags immediately. It's kind of like saying "Hitler had some really great ideas for social change.", except without all the genocide and wars. 
    I read it, and didn't see anything worth repeating, just the same old dross and suppositions. 

By the way, I checked, and PC Powerplay is an Australian outfit, so that might be why you haven't heard of them. It might also explain why they decided to try and drum up interest by trying to stir up that old pile of B.S.. 

In my case, I've 'watched' D.S. mount campaigns of epic trolling and flame wars for almost 20 years. As far as I know, none of his accusations against anyone have ever panned out. I guess that people should really follow the golden rule of internet, don't feed the trolls, especially a king troll with a grudge.
    Only took 9 posts to invoke Godwin's law. Congratulations you lose the internet!
  • TheYear1500TheYear1500 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Horrible Blog.   
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    feroshus said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Talonsin said:

You forgot one... 

............... I insult haters of all games equally.
    What's worse? Insulting games or insulting people. I wonder who the real hater is.
  • laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Sheesh...

I thought the Honeymoon was over a long time ago.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    And if it is only over now... that was one heck of a honeymoon. 

This have been a good conversation

• ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    hmm I am confused.
    If we are comparing to real life aren't we really only witnessing the engagement?
    Wouldn't launch be the marriage...and then the honeymoon starts?

...not sure I have enough sanity to last through all that...
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    yeah but.....
    Who's Ben Mansil?
    I mean, yeah, I live under a rock, but I've never heard of him or this site.
    That would be hypocritical because people know who Derek Smart is and were not buying anything he had to say either,so apparently rose colored glasses have been on sale everywhere.

I do not pretend to be an English major of any sort but one thing for certain is i can deduct what is going on reading between the lines. I think most comments i read people are either being ridiculously defensive as a fanbois or simply do not have the ability to think much into what is going on.

Best customer for a developer are naive ones or ones that are simply put....unintelligent. I am not pointing fingers at any individual,i am just saying such people exist and that is fact.It is so bad that you physically sometimes have to put 5 dollars in someone's hand to convince them it is 5 dollars.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited January 2016
    Thourne said:
    hmm I am confused.
    If we are comparing to real life aren't we really only witnessing the engagement?
    Wouldn't launch be the marriage...and then the honeymoon starts?

...not sure I have enough sanity to last through all that...
    That's just it. This is not honeymoon, never was. "The honeymoon is over" is so cliche. There is no analogy here, it's just people coming up with whatever sounds clever. Linking sensationalized blog posts with no (new) facts accomplishes nothing. Present real data and facts and we have something to discuss.

If the status of the project is in question, show why. No, but really why. 

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    There is a conspiracy by Ubisoft to discredit SC so that all if the SC supporters will give up on SC and come play The Division. I am totally serial here people. 
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    psiic said:
    There is a conspiracy by Ubisoft to discredit SC so that all if the SC supporters will give up on SC and come play The Division. I am totally serial here people. 

Lol, you might be right. On one hand, I read that they fixed 10,000 bugs for the closed beta. On the other hand, they fixed TEN THOUSAND BUGS for closed beta, lol. Oh, and there's still a list of known issues. They only list like 20 or fewer which are known issues for the release, but I'm guessing that if they fixed 10,000 bugs between alpha and beta, they've probably got a couple more than 20 bugs remaining, lol. 

Either way, I'm stoked for The Division. It's some great perspective on how many defects get logged against these projects, though. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    What's with all the misleading forum topic posts and terrible amateurish articles the OP keeps referencing.  What's your agenda here?
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Brenics said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

Why would anyone need to call you? I think we all know that you'd know...

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Distopia said:
    Brenics said:
    Adjuvant1 said:

Why would anyone need to call you? I think we all know that you'd know...
    Hard to see that happening the way developers are dropping at CIG!
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• goobsnewsgoobsnews Member UncommonPosts: 220
    I'm gonna laugh so hard when CR releases a patch for the turd they call the PU next month then tell you guys, "This is it, this is Squadron 42".
  • huntersamhuntersam Member UncommonPosts: 210
    that reminds me put popcorn on my shopping list
  • ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    goobsnews said:
    I'm gonna laugh so hard when CR releases a patch for the turd they call the PU next month then tell you guys, "This is it, this is Squadron 42".
    You do not know much about this project, do you ? Or understand what Squadron 42 is, how it is developed and what the differences are to the SC Persistent Universe.

But then again, you are a 14 post throw-away-troll-SC-threads clone account to begin with. I should not expect too much.

Have fun