Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Installed, Created Character, Saw Queue, Uninstalled...

Comments

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    st4t1ck said:
    Gravarg said:
    Once again, I have to explain.  I have no problem with the queue. What I have a problem with is them saying it's F2P, then they put up half the servers they should have up for launch, just to get people to become premium.  One funny thing about the Queues is that they were all just over 3,000.  This is highly suspicious to me that ever single server had almost the exact same number of people in Queue, as if it were programmed into the game in order to force people to pay to play.  They name the game under the F2P model, but you have to P2P. Which makes it an outright lie.

I hate being lied to above all else, that's why I uninstalled so quickly.
    The reason why the queue's were all similar in number is because they had a rolling set of 3 servers closed every 6 hours or so to help spread the population out between there servers.

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/146617-character-restriction-schedule/ 
    I don't think that's his point. This game may be a new port, but it isn't anything that special. The queues look artificial.
    Now the truth comes out.

Tin foil hat time!  Dang, need to run to the store I am out of foil.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    st4t1ck said:
    Gravarg said:
    Once again, I have to explain.  I have no problem with the queue. What I have a problem with is them saying it's F2P, then they put up half the servers they should have up for launch, just to get people to become premium.  One funny thing about the Queues is that they were all just over 3,000.  This is highly suspicious to me that ever single server had almost the exact same number of people in Queue, as if it were programmed into the game in order to force people to pay to play.  They name the game under the F2P model, but you have to P2P. Which makes it an outright lie.

The reason why the queue's were all similar in number is because they had a rolling set of 3 servers closed every 6 hours or so to help spread the population out between there servers.

I don't think that's his point. This game may be a new port, but it isn't anything that special. The queues look artificial.
    Now the truth comes out.

You can borrow some of mine ;)
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited January 2016
    st4t1ck said:
    Gravarg said:

Now the truth comes out.

I know right.....what an outlandish theory that a company would implement a system before the game even launches to make money based on of excessive queues, who also has the ability to throttle those queues. And to everyone's surprise.......there are excessive queues.
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    st4t1ck said:
    Gravarg said:

Now the truth comes out.

I know right.....what an outlandish theory that a company would implement a system before the game even launches to make money based on of excessive queues. And to everyone's surprise.......there are excessive queues.

Except there are excessive queues for those who have already paid for premium access also.  

/throws out more tin foil to help with the pending responses from the tin foil brigade
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    I had no problem getting into the game or out of it, getting out of it was more rewarding though.
  • st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Guess im just not a negative person,   My mind doesnt go straight to how is the world trying to screw me today...
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    haven't encountered a queu yet but I didn't roll on the most populated server either.
  • A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    so many haters.... just if u dont like just uninstall so i can get in the game, this Q is currently 2200, but i dont mind waiting.... im not inpatient, you play a free game and cry about a Q. its free... FREE..... FREEEEEE... if u want something better go buy something with money. jesus wept!

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    A1D3N said:
    so many haters.... just if u dont like just uninstall so i can get in the game, this Q is currently 2200, but i dont mind waiting.... im not inpatient, you play a free game and cry about a Q. its free... FREE..... FREEEEEE... if u want something better go buy something with money. jesus wept!
    Cuz this game is more fun
  • AnnwynAnnwyn Member UncommonPosts: 2,854
    The queue time is just outrageous. I've had queues for 5-7 hours and there's just no way I'm going to wait for them. I could deal with a 20 minutes queue, it's not so bad and understandable at launch, but 5 hours? Screw that. I'll just wait until the hype has died down in 2 weeks or so because there's just no way I'm going to pay to get ahead of a queue which could very well be artificially inflated for all I know.
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Gravarg said:
    Title pretty much says it it all.  They purposely made it nearly impossible to even log into the game unless you give them money...F2P has gone to an all new low.
    Don't jump on the hype train.

Just sit it out, afetr a few days/weeks the lines are gone, and usually you have a very different opinion about the game too when the reviews come in.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    There's been an announcement about new servers, both for US and EU. Have these arrived?
  • 4Renziks4Renziks Member UncommonPosts: 390
    I understand it being free, and it does seemed very likely that the ques are contrived for that $5 .. but it also has to be said they are losing possible business and pontential customers at the current wait time.  The newness is wearing off for me and while I was in the try it now mode, iam starting to say screw it myself and just pass until the new shiny arrives (BDO)

playing: Dragon Age
    Waiting: for FF14, Mass Effect
    Want to try: Fallen Earth

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    I can't even install the game. :/
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
    edited January 2016
    The queue time is just outrageous. I've had queues for 5-7 hours and there's just no way I'm going to wait for them. I could deal with a 20 minutes queue, it's not so bad and understandable at launch, but 5 hours? Screw that. I'll just wait until the hype has died down in 2 weeks or so because there's just no way I'm going to pay to get ahead of a queue which could very well be artificially inflated for all I know.
    Adding on to my previous post. I'm working on my computer at the moment so I figured I'd start the game to wait out the queue while I do other things. I've been in queue since 4 PM (currently 5:19 as I'm writing this). Initial queue time was "55 minutes" with about 1400 waiting in queue. It's now 5:19, I'm 575 in queue, waiting time is 76 minutes. It's just ridiculous...
  • LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    To all of you alleging some type of queue scam conspiracy by NCSoft ... you do understand that they have a lot more to gain by getting the player in the game to spend a lot more in their cash shop than a mere $5.00 right?

I understand and sympathize with your frustration but don't make it worse on yourself by getting all upset over a perceived conspiracy.   
  • Zen00Zen00 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    edited January 2016
    To all of you alleging some type of queue scam conspiracy by NCSoft ... you do understand that they have a lot more to gain by getting the player in the game to spend a lot more in their cash shop than a mere $5.00 right?

I understand and sympathize with your frustration but don't make it worse on yourself by getting all upset over a perceived conspiracy.   
    To be fair, NCSoft is one of the most hated companies in the MMO world, right up there with EA. So people hating on them is kinda the norm.
    Adding on to my previous post. I'm working on my computer at the moment so I figured I'd start the game to wait out the queue while I do other things. I've been in queue since 4 PM (currently 5:19 as I'm writing this). Initial queue time was "55 minutes" with about 1400 waiting in queue. It's now 5:19, I'm 575 in queue, waiting time is 76 minutes. It's just ridiculous...
    6:30 PM, 103/2468 (19 VIP), 36 minutes queue left. I've been queuing since early 4 PM and that was only supposed to be a "55 minutes" queue.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015
    Zen00 said:

To be fair, NCSoft is one of the most hated companies in the MMO world, right up there with EA. So people hating on them is kinda the norm.
    But he does have a point.

"Pissed" players who might spend 5 dollars to get ahead of line aren't going to be in the best mood once in game.

Players who are having a good experience are more likely to stay and more likely to spend money.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Sovrath said:
    Zen00 said:

But he does have a point.

"Pissed" players who might spend 5 dollars to get ahead of line aren't going to be in the best mood once in game.

Players who are having a good experience are more likely to stay and more likely to spend money.
    That would be a steep leap in terms of an assumption.  If you are inclined to purchase items in the cash shop in other games, you're just as likely to do so in this game, regardless of the queue experience.  You like to pay for convenience or advantage, what have you.  It's not a one time thing, it's more of a on going thing.  Players who use a cash shop continue to do so, whereas players that don't, also continue to not do so.

Sure there may be the occasional player here and there that only uses the cash shop once, but in general, those that do, do, and those that don't, don't.  And that's not a leap, it's pretty much expected.
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Gravarg said:
    I have no problem waiting in a queue, but when they purposely do it to make you pay for it and still call the game F2P it's completely misleading.  I have no problem with P2P games, in fact, that is my preferred payment model.  Why not just make it P2P then?  It's so they could just use the "cool" F2P marketing term.  I have yet to play a F2P game...they all cost money, but this game takes it to another level.
    They didn't do it on purpose. It's not their fault a lot of people want to play. People who spend money on a F2P game get in faster. I really don't see the problem. Amazing how spoiled people are.

"OMG, I can't play a totally free game tonight, and people who spent money get in before me! They clearly knew there would be massive queues and therefore are exploiting money out of players. This is a great injustice!" 

Nevermind the fact that the queues will be gone in a week or so, and they've been opening new servers and auto-kicking AFK'ers. Get a grip. 
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    I did nearly the same thing, except I got in que , watched some on twitch and was like this is stupid, logged out uninstalled - mmorpgs are crap cash shop festivals anyhow with to much inconvienience for a casual activity
    Ciccero said:
    Impatient people, demanding,  NOW! NOW! NOW!
    I bet you hate going to nice places to eat. 
    Yes, this mentality is the McDonalds era, Millennial thinking. MY TIME IS TOO VALUABLE TO SIT HERE FOR 30 MINUTES !!! I WANT MY 15.00 a month RIGHT NOW !!! I NEED IT NOW !!!!

But we're talking about more than just 30 minutes here... I've been in queue since 4 PM and had an estimated "55 minutes" waiting time. Here's where I am at the moment:

It's 8:20 PM, I still haven't even been able to play after 4 hours of queue, and now I'm getting an estimate of 279 minutes...
  • SanisarSanisar Member UncommonPosts: 135
    Ciccero said:
    Impatient people, demanding,  NOW! NOW! NOW!
    I bet you hate going to nice places to eat. 
    Yes, this mentality is the McDonalds era, Millennial thinking. MY TIME IS TOO VALUABLE TO SIT HERE FOR 30 MINUTES !!! I WANT MY 15.00 a month RIGHT NOW !!! I NEED IT NOW !!!!

But we're talking about more than just 30 minutes here... I've been in queue since 4 PM and had an estimated "55 minutes" waiting time. Here's where I am at the moment:

It's 8:20 PM, I still haven't even been able to play after 4 hours of queue, and now I'm getting an estimate of 279 minutes...
    And you aren't composing thank you letters to the developers for the promise of a potential opportunity to possibly log in to their game at some point ever?  What an entitled millennial.  In my day we had three week queues and we had to ask for time off work three months in advance for the possibility of a chance to play if there was a smooth launch and we were grateful.  I just don't get kids these days.
  • gandlesgandles Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Lol at all you people justifying the really long que times. This is the reason why games like this die. sitting here and seeing 100+ premium players in que and 2000+ non premiums in que. Whats the purpose of premium if you still have to wait? Nah its not a money thing, its probably something else. =D