Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Installed, Created Character, Saw Queue, Uninstalled...

Comments

• BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843
    edited January 2016
    I DLed the client and made a kung fu chick called 'OiledTitsCommingThrough' but then i hit 3k+ queue and didn't get to show off my hard work.
    Oh well.
    Post edited by Benjola on

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640
    Game is a ghost town pretty soon. We have some excellent games just around the corner. Beta for The Division on the 28th, then Xcom 2 on the 5th, get us started.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    Leon1e said:
    Well ... here's an idea. If you can't raise a child properly, how about you don't make one in the first place? Seems like a reasonable concept right? 
    Is there some sort of pre-test you can take? Most parents, obviously, are unaware of their badness.

Should there be an application process, please submit these application forms for your review?
    Considering how great the responibility is, surprising you don't need a license to do it.

:p 

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374
    edited January 2016
    We're sorry, but a temporary technical error has occurred which means we cannot display this site right now.

You can try again by refreshing this page

------

Took the forums down there on ncsoft, something big must be happening to the servers :open_mouth: 

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Kiyoris said:
    Leon1e said:
    Ah, classic case of millennial disease. The symptoms are the need for everything to work for them as soon as possible with 0 wait. 
    lmao, it is the exact opposite

In the past you put in your game, clicked ON, and it worked.

-no download
    -no queue
    -no registration
    -no DRM

After 10 seconds you were playing the game.

Was that a serious attempt at an argument?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,986
    Gravarg said:
    Title pretty much says it it all.  They purposely made it nearly impossible to even log into the game unless you give them money...F2P has gone to an all new low.
    There are many, many issues I have with F2P, but the fact a F2P game is successful at launch is not one of them :D
  • ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Member UncommonPosts: 594
    Was born, saw I had to be 21 to drink, immediately killed myself.  /s

• cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    ravare said:
    Why are people so over the top and dramatic these days
    Because everyone is a special little snowflake.  They have to have everything their way and if something doesn't fit what they believe is right (regardless if they are or not) they throw a fit.

Really op, guess you really didn't want to play after all.  Well you not being in queue allows us who want to play to get in faster.  Oh and in next 24 hours new servers will come on line which will help to reduce/eliminate the queues.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Gravarg said:
    Title pretty much says it it all.  They purposely made it nearly impossible to even log into the game unless you give them money...F2P has gone to an all new low.

I like how you put that. For free to play to go any lower, it would just be P2P.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    I can see them doing it on purpose later on like in AA where paying players get in line first. The thing is at the start you'd think they would want everyone in to see how awesome* the game is and THEN rope them in to paying

*Don't know anything about the game, I'm assuming.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Kyleran said:
    F2P games being difficult to log in at launch, who ever heard of such a thing?

Patience is your friend.  o:)
    Doesn't really make anyone happier though....
    It is indeed a common problem for games without megaservers but it is still as annoying today as when Wow launched it's first expansion. Or even in a few earlier MMOs for that matter.

Personally do I think MMOs need to get rid of the servers we had since M59, queues, dying servers with low population, mergers and such mainly annoys players.

Sure, there are advantages as well, it is far easier to learn to know players on a smaller server and it tend to be a tighter community with less raving maniacs in the chat but I have a feeling games either will move more towards megaservers or something else in the future, the advantages are more then the disadvantages.
  • WoopinWoopin Member UncommonPosts: 1,012
    Yeah premium queue last night was 660 when I logged in took a whole 18 mins to get in :expressionless: 

• Joejc7135Joejc7135 Member UncommonPosts: 214

Hey kid, money makes the world go round. Remember that ok junior?

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Gravarg said:
    sweet! 1 less person for me to sit behind in the Q,
    btw if u think a game being popular is a downfall ur a fool

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

• donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    edited January 2016
    st4t1ck said:So you're saying they are purposely scamming people in order to get people to buy premium.But then the people actually playing are telling you that premiums have a que too.    So are they purposely trying to piss off the people playing too?Final fantasy 14 was p2p and had the most gold spammers i ever seen in a game.  was the only game i turned of whole chat groups in ever.
    I never played FF14 and yeah every game has RMT spammers but F2P makes it so much easier for the spammers to get around bans. I think most people would say being in a que of 5000 is worse than being in a que of 500 right? So they obviously would rather just let that go and grab some extra subs out of it than invest in more server capacity. They know the ques will be gone next month when people get bored of this game. 
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,507
    edited January 2016
    Loke666 said:
    Kyleran said:
    F2P games being difficult to log in at launch, who ever heard of such a thing?

Patience is your friend.  o:)
    Doesn't really make anyone happier though....
    It is indeed a common problem for games without megaservers but it is still as annoying today as when Wow launched it's first expansion. Or even in a few earlier MMOs for that matter.

Personally do I think MMOs need to get rid of the servers we had since M59, queues, dying servers with low population, mergers and such mainly annoys players.

Sure, there are advantages as well, it is far easier to learn to know players on a smaller server and it tend to be a tighter community with less raving maniacs in the chat but I have a feeling games either will move more towards megaservers or something else in the future, the advantages are more then the disadvantages.
    Well I was surprised to see they did not go with mega server technology but then I forgot this game is 6 to 8 years old in design and mega servers were pretty much conceptual back then.

The benefits of smaller, individual servers is pretty much moot these days, players aren't really interested in who those other people are.

Worse, they frequently view others as a hindrance to avoid or ignore, which I totally get, I don't want to play with most of you either. :p

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Have you never experienced launches.   They almost always have this issue.  To uninstall seems a bit of an over reaction IMO.   Almost like stomping your feet and running out of the room.  

Just put the game on the back burner until the initial launch festivities settle down.  Half the fun of launch day is the jostling for position, seeing peoples reactions to the headaches that come with launches.  

Nothing better than launch season, grabbing pizza, drinks, and getting into the mud pit.

I self identify as a monkey.

• vveaver_onlinevveaver_online Member UncommonPosts: 436
    hahahaha, wait you real? just queue game, alt-tab surf some forums watch something on youtube then alt-tab and voila ingame! 

your not serious right, i was just trolled right?
  • RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    Can't say I am sad about people like OP giving up so fast. Not the sort of people I would want to group with in game. 
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    C'mon guys. There is a monetization system in place to make money off of excessive queues. Are you really all that surprised to see excessive queues?
  • BenjolaBenjola Member UncommonPosts: 843
    Rzep said:
    Can't say I am sad about people like OP giving up so fast. Not the sort of people I would want to group with in game. 
    No worries for you, it's a single player game.

I care about your gaming 'problems' and teenage anxieties, just not today.

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Once again, I have to explain.  I have no problem with the queue. What I have a problem with is them saying it's F2P, then they put up half the servers they should have up for launch, just to get people to become premium.  One funny thing about the Queues is that they were all just over 3,000.  This is highly suspicious to me that ever single server had almost the exact same number of people in Queue, as if it were programmed into the game in order to force people to pay to play.  They name the game under the F2P model, but you have to P2P. Which makes it an outright lie.

I hate being lied to above all else, that's why I uninstalled so quickly.
  • st4t1ckst4t1ck Member UncommonPosts: 768
    Gravarg said:
    Once again, I have to explain.  I have no problem with the queue. What I have a problem with is them saying it's F2P, then they put up half the servers they should have up for launch, just to get people to become premium.  One funny thing about the Queues is that they were all just over 3,000.  This is highly suspicious to me that ever single server had almost the exact same number of people in Queue, as if it were programmed into the game in order to force people to pay to play.  They name the game under the F2P model, but you have to P2P. Which makes it an outright lie.

The reason why the queue's were all similar in number is because they had a rolling set of 3 servers closed every 6 hours or so to help spread the population out between there servers.

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/146617-character-restriction-schedule/ 
  • DztBlkDztBlk Member UncommonPosts: 127
    Its funny to see people give this person a hard time.  You all make good points, but if the game launches then it's supposed to be ready.  Perhaps they are anticipating the drop off, but don't offer a product that I cannot play.  Sure I can queue and do other things, but that moment is the time I have to play the game and it's precious.  So, I don't blame the guy.  Granted I'd probably give it a try later. 
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    edited January 2016
    st4t1ck said:
    Gravarg said:

The reason why the queue's were all similar in number is because they had a rolling set of 3 servers closed every 6 hours or so to help spread the population out between there servers.

https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topic/146617-character-restriction-schedule/ 
    I don't think that's his point. This game may be a new port, but it isn't anything that special. The queues look artificial.