Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a pve game

StyxaStyxa Member UncommonPosts: 76
Focus should be item farming, dungeons and maybe some raiding (1-max 2 times a week).
casual pvp, best would ne battlegrounds, would ne nice but not a must have.

i like some semi hardcore contend, dont want to have a too easy time around.

what would ne your best best? 
I am considering good old wow but maybe there is something else?

sorry for giving you so little info but i am texting from my mobile at work, i would provide some more info later this evening if needed :-)

hope you can help...

Comments

• Kobin24Kobin24 Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Can you give us some games you've played in the past to compare to?  Are you looking for new-age games or are you ok with some older games as well?
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited January 2016
    I'm going to recommend SWTOR and FFXIV. I don't know all that much about the latter, but I keep hearing good things about it when it comes to raiding and dungeons. No idea how the PvP is on there though.

SWTOR is a lot like WoW, so it has those things you mentioned. Dungeons, raids and warzones (AKA battlegrounds) for the PvP.
    That being said, there's always the classic, WoW. And Wildstar supposedly has a decent offering of that sort of content too.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited January 2016
    Gorwe said:
    I'm going to recommend SWTOR and FFXIV. I don't know all that much about the latter, but I keep hearing good things about it when it comes to raiding and dungeons. No idea how the PvP is on there though.

SWTOR is a lot like WoW, so it has those things you mentioned. Dungeons, raids and warzones (AKA battlegrounds) for the PvP.
    That being said, there's always the classic, WoW. And Wildstar supposedly has a decent offering of that sort of content too.
    Unfortunately, I think he'd be dissapointed with SWTOR. Mostly because he said "semi-hardcore" and SWTOR is currently "UBER CASUAL". Which is fine for me and my filming of cutscenes and characters, but I do understand why people could find it aggravating.

I'd actually recommend EQ franchise. EQ 1 on 99 server is just as it used to be and EQ 2 is very nice, no matter if you play on a TLS or on a normal server. I have a feeling this is what you are looking for.
    There are still hardmode and nightmare Ops, Gorwe. Those are for the hardcore and semi-hardcore. No single MMO these days is for the hardcore when it comes to the actual leveling experience. Even Korean MMOs nowadays aren't as grindy as they used to be.

The other option would be to do what you suggest, and find some ancient MMO that still has those "broken" mechanics.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    SWTOR, LORTO, EQ2
  • KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    SWTOR and FFXIV are both great options.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• StyxaStyxa Member UncommonPosts: 76
    Some more time on my hand now so here we go....

last game a really played a lot were wow during cata and realm reborn heavebsward, never raided in this game though.
    i dont like sci fi heavy games but i am okay with things like engineer in wow or gw2...
    i to this day never found a game with a action combat system i liked but show me a good one and i am willing to try it out...

i think i played every bigger game released the last years to at least level 20 or so but most time i was too bussy to make it to the endgame....

so what i basicly want to do is find some cool people while playing, maybe join a guild und run some dungeons, grind some mobs for mats and items and go on a raid maybe once or sometimes twice a week...
    game should be avaiable in the eu because i am from germany and graphics shouldnt be older/worse than wow...
    i dont mind paying a sub, p2w is a no go....

any more questions?
    hope this helped
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Styxa said:
    so what i basicly want to do is find some cool people while playing, maybe join a guild und run some dungeons, grind some mobs for mats and items and go on a raid maybe once or sometimes twice a week...
    game should be avaiable in the eu because i am from germany and graphics shouldnt be older/worse than wow...
    i dont mind paying a sub, p2w is a no go....
    LotRO seems a good pick, nice folks ingame, because of the transfers the servers are cramped, kinships (guild) are actively recruiting / the transferred ones rebuilding (but you can pug too for smaller dungeons).

Graphics are quite nice (there's a link of a review in my previous post in the LotRO section).
    Depends on your preferred language I'd suggest either Gwaihir or Evernight, those are more packed population-wise and give a higher chance for finding an actively raiding kinship - the RP servers (Belegaer and Laurelin) are raiding too, but they have more focus on roleplay I think, not surprisingly :wink:
    (forgot to add, Gwaihir and Belegaer RP are the german, and Evernight and Laurelin RP are the english servers on EU side, so those have the population with mostly EU timezones. LotRO has a very active german community btw.)
    Game is free, but if you don't mind paying the sub, that's much better, at least at the start - after a while you can drop the sub and still keep most things unlocked.

Downsides, fairly old game (but it's similar to wow, so if you liked that, you'll feel home right away), has a slower pace, and also game is currently trying to recover from the clusterF..k of the last week, so there are quite angry people on chat sometimes. And sadly it's not a unique thing, Turbine and smooth maintenances... not really a perfect match. :wink: 
    Any other suggestions?
    So i looked around a bit and here are the games that i find interresting

wow, realm reborn, gw2, tera and aion...

i dont really know too much about newer games so its hard for me to judge if they are my cup of tea...

grouping and social interaction are very important for me, for solo play i can just play some witcher 3 or skyrim, i want something with where you have to play together to get stuff done...
  • AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Styxa said:
    So i looked around a bit and here are the games that i find interresting

wow, realm reborn, gw2, tera and aion...

i dont really know too much about newer games so its hard for me to judge if they are my cup of tea...

grouping and social interaction are very important for me, for solo play i can just play some witcher 3 or skyrim, i want something with where you have to play together to get stuff done...

I like the same thing, group play, but to be honest outside dungeons there are not a lot of group play needed in those titles other than maybe 20% of the total content. Aion is the exception, along with EQ2 as titles that have harder mobs outside dungeons. The problem with Aion, according to the information given, is that after level 50 (fast track server) you'll be in areas that are OWPvP most of the time. Great group play PvE, and PvP, however.

EQ2 is the diamond in the rough. If you like the graphics it's worth digging into. With it's systems and depth you'll get a ton of play out of it. It has level scaling and an insane amount of dungeons, most of which are instanced but public.

At the more extreme end of the list is P1999. It has the graphics of '99 to be sure but is the most "group needed" PvE game you'll find.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    GW2 the new content HoT is hardcore PvE.  ESO would be good also.  Maybe Blade and Soul but it's to early to tell for sure.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey