Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any News about The Division?

Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475

Is there anyone covering The Division on mmorpg.com?

It's been awhile since there has been any news about this game, and the game is going beta this December and release on March 8 2016.

There's got to be some news to cover, right?

Comments

• turinmacleodturinmacleod Staff WriterMember UncommonPosts: 166
    Nothing new as far as I can remember.

T
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Not much, really as Terry said. We had the demo way back when, but have been waiting for more just like you. Though, thanks for the reminder, I'll reach out to Ubi and see if we can't do an interview to see how things are going.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• kemono55kemono55 Member UncommonPosts: 124
    I'm going to take a few educated guesses about The Division,
    since this looks very good, but is produced by Ubisoft.

I'm guessing
    - 4v4 mode pvp (and/or 4player co-op)
    - Available for PS4 and Xbox One (not PC)
    - Radio Towers
    - Money Shop
    - Instanced in smaller zones

We'll see how much of that comes true,
    I'm not going to hold me breath on this one.

...nice graphics though.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    kemono55 said:

I'm guessing
    - Radio Towers
    - Money Shop

...nice graphics though.

It's confirmed on PC since the PC players had a huge petition after it was announced. :)  The rest, we'll see!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846
    kemono55 said:

I'm guessing
    - Radio Towers
    - Money Shop

...nice graphics though.

Your "educated" guesses are hit and miss.

PvP is done in Free For All "Dark Zones". You can go in solo or in a group and fight other players for some of the best gear in the game.
    In the last video they put out a group defeated like 3 other groups, took the gear they had looted then as they were porting out one of them dropped group killed his former teammates then took all of the loot for himself.

Been announced for PC for a while now.

Don't know what you mean by radio towers.

No payment model had been officially announced but will likely have cash shop. What game doesn't these days?

The zones are pretty big and of course they are instanced, it's not an MMO. From the very beginning they said the PvE zones would just be you and your group.

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S0_3Ml9heY
    Xiaoki said:

Your "educated" guesses are hit and miss.

PvP is done in Free For All "Dark Zones". You can go in solo or in a group and fight other players for some of the best gear in the game.
    In the last video they put out a group defeated like 3 other groups, took the gear they had looted then as they were porting out one of them dropped group killed his former teammates then took all of the loot for himself.

Been announced for PC for a while now.

Don't know what you mean by radio towers.

No payment model had been officially announced but will likely have cash shop. What game doesn't these days?

The zones are pretty big and of course they are instanced, it's not an MMO. From the very beginning they said the PvE zones would just be you and your group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9S0_3Ml9heY  - I saw this video, the graphics looked somewhat downgraded, as mentioned in the video comments, but the gameplay looked fun. Double crossing, and loot drop on Death - that picked my interest.
  • snicolsnicol Member UncommonPosts: 55
    Color me stupid here @Jonas_SG but isnt the release and beta date announcement news? I mean what more do you want after 3 years of waiting...just sayin
  • XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846
    The last bit of info was about the weather system.

There will be different weather and a day night cycle.

Also, during really bad weather like high winds or blizzards your aiming will be affected, the aggro range for mobs will be reduced and some wildlife and NPCs will go away during bad weather.

So, sounds good to me.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    This game prolly would be done already if they just quit making assassins creed after another.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    AS long as they don't divide by zero...
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142
    This game prolly would be done already if they just quit making assassins creed after another.
    The swedish studio that develops the division aren't the one making assassin's creed.
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    they are selling this game on steam....pre-orders.  it's about to release.
  • DragnelusDragnelus Member EpicPosts: 3,503
    Launch 4 march. Beta in December 2015.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    The considerable delay in launching this game is a bit of a concern. Either they ran into some major technical issues, or (more seriously) they had doubts about the game play concepts and execution.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter. Division always struck me as a very cool idea that would be very hard to make into an actually enjoyable game. The complete lack of info and "reveals" makes me believe that they are hesitant to show too much, because they're not quite sure yet what it will finally look like...
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    The considerable delay in launching this game is a bit of a concern. Either they ran into some major technical issues, or (more seriously) they had doubts about the game play concepts and execution.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter. Division always struck me as a very cool idea that would be very hard to make into an actually enjoyable game. The complete lack of info and "reveals" makes me believe that they are hesitant to show too much, because they're not quite sure yet what it will finally look like...

Well it's a new engine, so my guess would be "yes" to technical issues. However, once you've announced a Beta date (upcoming) and release date (months away), the game is in testing, or at very least feature complete. If they've got major technical issues or knowledge gaps at this point then someone's getting fired. My guess is that they're avoiding the hype train. 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562
    edited November 2015
    so I'm hearing zones and not open world? this is a huge dissapointment to me as i was reallllly hooked on by open world and the first video released. i'll probably just wait for people to buy on ps4 and watch via plastation tv to see if it is cool or not.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited November 2015
    I watched that very long interview video with one their leads a couple months ago and seemed really good.
    The guy was really honest and straight forward and if i remember right sounded a bit down himself because the game was going to be lacking.It was going to be lacking maps,and multiplayer really wasn't multiplayer.

They had i think only 1-2 maps done and said not many more would be in release,so not sure what is taking them so long.Basically fight in Newyork but form a coop group of up to 4 players.Looks really nice ,looks like it will be fun,map is large.It will scale to your 1/2/3/4 group,not big on that because it encourages everyone to solo.I also would like a much better multiplayer as well as lose some of that typical fog and dithered graphics that open worlds often use.I believe you can have more than 1 group of 4 in the map but not sure on that.

IMO no matter what it lacks,i look at some cheap junk like Counterstrike go and there is no comparison,CS looks like a cheap mod while The Division looks like professional work.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

You're just creating a negative perspective based on assumptions here.

so I'm hearing zones and not open world? this is a huge dissapointment to me as i was reallllly hooked on by open world and the first video released. i'll probably just wait for people to buy on ps4 and watch via plastation tv to see if it is cool or not.
    This is not accurate.  The game is open world.  Now, it does have some underground zones and inside areas, so I'm not sure how the transition is going to be.  But, from everything I've heard and read, the transition between areas are seamless.  You are disappointed based on false information.
    Wizardry said:
    I watched that very long interview video with one their leads a couple months ago and seemed really good.
    The guy was really honest and straight forward and if i remember right sounded a bit down himself because the game was going to be lacking.It was going to be lacking maps,and multiplayer really wasn't multiplayer.

They had i think only 1-2 maps done and said not many more would be in release,so not sure what is taking them so long.Basically fight in Newyork but form a coop group of up to 4 players.Looks really nice ,looks like it will be fun,map is large.It will scale to your 1/2/3/4 group,not big on that because it encourages everyone to solo.I also would like a much better multiplayer as well as lose some of that typical fog and dithered graphics that open worlds often use.I believe you can have more than 1 group of 4 in the map but not sure on that.

IMO no matter what it lacks,i look at some cheap junk like Counterstrike go and there is no comparison,CS looks like a cheap mod while The Division looks like professional work.
    I disagree with the striked out comment above.  I think scaling is a necessity here due to group difficulty.  I believe the promise of better loot from missions that require multiple players will outweigh the desire for easy game play.  There are a lot of raiders out there, and they are going to eat that stuff up.