Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BDO: Playing with friends?

I was wondering if anyone knows how BDO plays when teaming with others. I seem to recall reading something about group XP being based on the lowest level member of the group... but... is there some kind of cut off range? Where someone stops earning XP due to the level difference being too great ? Or are they going more for a City of Heroes/GW2/SWTOR thing with level scaling?

I'm personally hoping it's more along the lines of the latter, since I LOATHE the "old school" crap that prevents you from playing with friends until you all hit the level cap, or forces you to make a character to play exclusively with those friends so that you can keep doing things together. *crosses fingers*

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Great question. I'm not for sure, but when I was watching a stream I did see a high level, 45ish leveling with some low levels. The low levels were progressing quickly. I'm not sure about the high level though. I think he was progressing well too.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    bcbully said:
    Great question. I'm not for sure, but when I was watching a stream I did see a high level, 45ish leveling with some low levels. The low levels were progressing quickly. I'm not sure about the high level though. I think he was progressing well too.

Sounds like there won't be any XP nerfing then by grouping with higher levels. Definitely a good thing!

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/