Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now building game for VR!

2»

Comments

• BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Erillion said:
    Kiyoris said:
    VR is dead, it has already failed.
    Interesting opinion. Especially in light of VR being one of the big current trends in the gaming industry, with multiple big names pushing its development.

Care to describe your arguments as to why its dead ?

And why Facebook (Oculus), Steam (SteamVR) and others are wrong. Add Microsoft if you count in AR (Augmented Reality) with the Microsoft HoloLens.

Have fun
    Well Zucker has the cash to invest in it. Steam is having issues with their box and of course everyone thinks so high of M$. But 2 out of 3 we could end up with something couple or more years down the road.
    I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    Brenics said:
    Kiyoris said:
    I won't say dead but in trouble if they don't bring the prices down. People are not going to buy at 500 price range unless you buy 30k jpg's in SC. Also I have heard a lot of problems with software. But I would expect that, could be couple years before it comes into it's own.

If price were a thing, we would never have had those cheap calculators or Ipads or many other tech devices. I recall when I started college that Texas Instrument was selling a digital calculator for $100. All it had was the BASIC math functions and nothing else. Today, you can get something far cheaper that does much more then just add, subtract and multiply. Not long ago, the large LED TV's were going for as much as $2000. What are they now? The point is, new tech always comes out with a steeper price tag then what it will be down the road. Just wait a year or two and the price will probably be about the $250 range. You can quote me there.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• feroshusferoshus Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Gruug said:
    Brenics said:
    Kiyoris said:
    I won't say dead but in trouble if they don't bring the prices down. People are not going to buy at 500 price range unless you buy 30k jpg's in SC. Also I have heard a lot of problems with software. But I would expect that, could be couple years before it comes into it's own.

If price were a thing, we would never have had those cheap calculators or Ipads or many other tech devices. I recall when I started college that Texas Instrument was selling a digital calculator for $100. All it had was the BASIC math functions and nothing else. Today, you can get something far cheaper that does much more then just add, subtract and multiply. Not long ago, the large LED TV's were going for as much as $2000. What are they now? The point is, new tech always comes out with a steeper price tag then what it will be down the road. Just wait a year or two and the price will probably be about the $250 range. You can quote me there.

Please stop with your logic and common sense, it is not welcome here. This is a safe place for mindless trolling of games you don't like the look of and stuff you can't afford.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    While VR is cool I tthink they just should release the game ASAP and add stuff like this later.
    Kiyoris said:
    Uhm, so far is the only failed VR machine Nintendos old pile of crap so unless you are from the future you cant say that yet. It might fail.
  • adamlotus75adamlotus75 Member UncommonPosts: 387
    No one has mentioned Sony VR - with 36 million PS4s that are VR ready I think they will dominate the VR market
  • Xeno.phonXeno.phon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Roberts talked about making it Rift compatible over a year ago........so it was going to be in ages ago whats your beef with it now?
  • HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Seeing as it was part of the original vision anyhow, I don't see how it can hurt. A game like SC should be compatible with VR headsets.
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    No one has mentioned Sony VR - with 36 million PS4s that are VR ready I think they will dominate the VR market
    1. 36 million is not a lot. several years ago Steam accounts where double that.

2. SonyVR we dont know much about IF it doesnt come with extra hardware then it will not be very good. If it DOES come with extra hardware it will cost more than the rift

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    To be fair a lot of games in development have Oculus on the road map they just dont want to commit to the development hours until a final version of the headset is set in stone. nothing worse then loosing tons of work if they change a beta

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me