Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Underrated games that provide a whole new experience

123457

Comments

  • Lam3zorLam3zor Member UncommonPosts: 46

    maybe Wizardry Online?

     

    -dungeon crawler for all your dungeon and crawling needs with various traps and things going out of their way to murder you

    -it manages to stay a mmo along with being a dungeon crawler. that means you can meet people to party with INSIDE of the dungeon, and not just outside of it. you can also make friends while walking around solo and coming across a total stranger doing the same.

    -action style combat. lock on is only there as assisted aim and attack direction is basicly decided by the direction you face. attacks aren't automatic either so no more mind numbing select target, go watch a movie in real life, come back in time for it to die and grab loot.

    -all classes have their unique traits which players can mix and match to create their own unique and fun builds to mess around with.

    -is actually free to win except for VERY minor advantages to cash shop(slightly improved forge rate stones, bigger bags for low levels and a subscription like item which increases all stats by 1 and unlocks a new recovery item)

    -challanging and gets you to stay on your toes no matter how high your level is

  • DolnorDolnor Member UncommonPosts: 32

    There.com is back.

    www.there.com

     

    Check out Planeshift if you are into Roleplaying games.

    http://www.planeshift.it/

     

    TQQdles™

  • AledraAledra Member Posts: 13

    Antilia is an indie mmorpg that has a lot of unique features. It has/ will have unique races, classless character progression, an action combat system, a magic weaving system, crafting where you can actually determine what the item will look like, a virtual game master and more.

    http://www.antilia-game.com/

    Unique indie mmorpg that would like your support:http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jeffleigh/antilia-a-majestic-3d-mmo

  • DarhammDarhamm Member UncommonPosts: 68
    Originally posted by Lam3zor

    maybe Wizardry Online?

     

    -dungeon crawler for all your dungeon and crawling needs with various traps and things going out of their way to murder you

    -it manages to stay a mmo along with being a dungeon crawler. that means you can meet people to party with INSIDE of the dungeon, and not just outside of it. you can also make friends while walking around solo and coming across a total stranger doing the same.

    -action style combat. lock on is only there as assisted aim and attack direction is basicly decided by the direction you face. attacks aren't automatic either so no more mind numbing select target, go watch a movie in real life, come back in time for it to die and grab loot.

    -all classes have their unique traits which players can mix and match to create their own unique and fun builds to mess around with.

    -is actually free to win except for VERY minor advantages to cash shop(slightly improved forge rate stones, bigger bags for low levels and a subscription like item which increases all stats by 1 and unlocks a new recovery item)

    -challanging and gets you to stay on your toes no matter how high your level is

     

    Not worth the investment these days, as the game itself is shutting down soon. Too bad, really.

    image
  • bastibastimaubastibastimau Member Posts: 16
    anybody try Wildstar yet? Loving dat sci-fi-ish frontier feel to this game espceially the races. Played it a bit, instantly hooked.
  • cmayuga13cmayuga13 Member Posts: 15
    I've played Wildstar, pretty awesome if I may say so! Aurin luv <3 I'm a sucker for big bunny ears.
  • grindingamergrindingamer Member Posts: 65

    http://atlantica.nexon.net

     

    Most unique MMO. Still gets updates very frequently. Its worth checking out. 

  • TamoVamoTamoVamo Member Posts: 24
    That one is cool, assembly of most the good stuff from all of the MMOs on the market with nice humor and eye-candy cartoonish garphics ;)
  • DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

    UNHOLY FORUM NECROMANCY!!! You resurrected a thread from 2009, surely death is on your side.

    Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

  • LalapaseoLalapaseo Member Posts: 16
    Firefall. At 6-something on meta, that's underrated. Should be around 8 to be fair. If you rank the launched version, not the beta. I wonder if also review sites review their reviews, because a lot are made during beta phases and should count separately, right?
  • namisalced0namisalced0 Member CommonPosts: 14
    Originally posted by Lalapaseo
    Firefall. At 6-something on meta, that's underrated. Should be around 8 to be fair. If you rank the launched version, not the beta. I wonder if also review sites review their reviews, because a lot are made during beta phases and should count separately, right?

    What's with the beta version? Looks good to me right now.

  • grindingamergrindingamer Member Posts: 65

    Atlantica Online should really be on this list. 

    I don't think people realize how good this game is and how much content it has. Most of the community is a FF fanatic and this is the best f2p for players who like the real feel of MMOs. You will die. You will hate the bosses. You only have to do the main questline the rest of your exp comes from grinding and TBS missions. 

     

    I think alot of players will be surprised to see how well this game is made, just ignore the cash shop and you can sit back and really enjoy the game. 

  • LalapaseoLalapaseo Member Posts: 16
    Originally posted by namisalced0
    Originally posted by Lalapaseo
    Firefall. At 6-something on meta, that's underrated. Should be around 8 to be fair. If you rank the launched version, not the beta. I wonder if also review sites review their reviews, because a lot are made during beta phases and should count separately, right?

    What's with the beta version? Looks good to me right now.

    It underwent a hellish 3 or so years under development hell, for lack of a better word. All's good now at least. Could be better, but definitely not as disappointing before.

  • namisalced0namisalced0 Member CommonPosts: 14
    Originally posted by Lalapaseo
    Originally posted by namisalced0
    Originally posted by Lalapaseo
    Firefall. At 6-something on meta, that's underrated. Should be around 8 to be fair. If you rank the launched version, not the beta. I wonder if also review sites review their reviews, because a lot are made during beta phases and should count separately, right?

    What's with the beta version? Looks good to me right now.

    It underwent a hellish 3 or so years under development hell, for lack of a better word. All's good now at least. Could be better, but definitely not as disappointing before.

    Welp, glad I didnt know that. Took your advice. Mammoth, level28, hahaha.

  • SkellybonesSkellybones Member UncommonPosts: 85
    I think the biggest one that differs from every mmo out there by far is darkfall unholy wars. No developer has done what they have.
  • CoDWishCoDWish Member Posts: 4

    Remove UnderLight:  Shades of Truth

     

    ADD  UnderLight: Clash of Dreams

     

    Shades of Truth went down in 2013.   Clash of Dreams - reborn in 2014 with NPCs added back in, and new development. 

     

    www.clashofdreams.com

  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 16,303

    I went surfing around for Zombie survival games and i could not believe how many were out there,i would say easily 30+ or so.People say Fantasy is over done,lmao  30 zombie games in a 6 month span is a bigger spam on the industry than Fantasy ever has been.

    The difference however is in the quality from one to the next.

    I mention this because the zombie survival games definitely offer a DIFFERENT perspective on under rated games as 90% of them ,i doubt anyone has even heard of them beyond DAyz,Dying Light and H1Z1.

    There is actually some quality stuff in everyone of them too bad none of them give the whoelepackage.

    7 Days to Die :a destructible world made with Voxels and done quite well

    Dying Light: You can jump climb over anything,stunning graphics.

    Miscreated :Uses the CryEngine for stunning graphics in a Zombie survival game,long view distances.

    If you need the Zombie infestation in your brain this might do it Karl Poppa

     

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • mattchuranumattchuranu Member CommonPosts: 8
    Hey guys. It's been a few years. This is johnmatthais. I don't have access to the original account anymore so that's why I haven't been updating this. Happy to ser that you all have continued to make suggestions after all this time.

    Wish I had time to make a new list but I don't anymore. Also sad to see that many of the games on the list have been discontinued. :/

    Cheers.
  • lunalovebadlunalovebad Member CommonPosts: 19
    Dekaron and 2 moons should be added on the list
  • ZelicePRPGZelicePRPG Member CommonPosts: 1
    @ZelicePRPG ;

    Hello everyone, I am a publicist for PhantasyRPG.

    Phantasy RPG is a Persistant browser based game where you start off by creating a character of one of 4 races; Human, Eldron(elf), Hounzalid (lycan) and rhizard (lizardmen). After you join you can start off by killing stuff to gain levels to advance down your class path. Maybe save up some crowne for eggs (perm stat boosters) or maybe role-playing is your thing? Most of the game community loves to roleplay in the tavern. You can join a clan and/or a guild! This game is insanely fun. link: [url]www.Phantasyrpg.com[/url]

    Now the game is not as populated as it once was, but all that is going to change. New contests are being prepped and updates are coming! So, Join us now in the land of Denzar today!

    www.Phantasyrpg.com

    Some pictures:
    http://prntscr.com/9qhbci Fighting
    http://prntscr.com/9qhbph the jobs that a human male can go through!



  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,834
    Aledra said:

    Antilia is an indie mmorpg that has a lot of unique features. It has/ will have unique races, classless character progression, an action combat system, a magic weaving system, crafting where you can actually determine what the item will look like, a virtual game master and more.

    http://www.antilia-game.com/

    single player game with multi player option via player run servers..
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 6,834
    Wizardry said:

    I went surfing around for Zombie survival games and i could not believe how many were out there,i would say easily 30+ or so.People say Fantasy is over done,lmao  30 zombie games in a 6 month span is a bigger spam on the industry than Fantasy ever has been.

    The difference however is in the quality from one to the next.

    I mention this because the zombie survival games definitely offer a DIFFERENT perspective on under rated games as 90% of them ,i doubt anyone has even heard of them beyond DAyz,Dying Light and H1Z1.

    There is actually some quality stuff in everyone of them too bad none of them give the whoelepackage.

    7 Days to Die :a destructible world made with Voxels and done quite well

    Dying Light: You can jump climb over anything,stunning graphics.

    Miscreated :Uses the CryEngine for stunning graphics in a Zombie survival game,long view distances.

    If you need the Zombie infestation in your brain this might do it Karl Poppa

     

    7 Days is by far the best of those and any other Zombie Survival game atm imo
  • SonnengottSonnengott Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Reeves87 said:

    Excellent list, quite a few gems I've not seen mentioned elsewhere in quite some time. I would recommend an excellent MUD-type game though, Roto-X.  It's got an energy cap, similar to other browser games, but there's legit ways to circumvent that. Good post-apocalyptic theme going on that's very trendy at the minute, great community too!

    What's more is that the game has recently had a reset, so everything is great for a new player to jump on-board with. 

    The game has a ton of humour in it, a little reminiscent to old school fallout actually. It's well worth checking out.


     

    @Reeves87 ; thanks
     


     


     

  • ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    An interesting list indeed.

    Thanks for the info.
  • ULBlue13ULBlue13 Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Underlight: Shades of Truth has now become Underlight: Clash of Dreams and has changed its URL to www.underlight.com.  Thriving at the moment, which, the nature of the game being what it is, means it's particularly fun to play at the moment, as there are more players getting up to more shenanigans.
    If you write, be polite.
Sign In or Register to comment.