Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Curious about Player Housing in MMO setting

Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859
Ok forever seeing questions or comments about player housing in MMO, must ask but why is this important to players, or is it not important at all.

I have played arguably the 3 better housing games, namely Wildstar, LOTRO and SWTOR and tbh for me the houses are merely there, i dont use them or maybe visit them once or 2 then think its wasting my time, or what is even the importance of housing. 

Given that most games they are instanced what is the point, in some games you cannot even have other players come around, i would personally rather see DEVs spend the time and money working on other in-game things.

A variation on housing would be things like guild (NPC) Inn styled rooms, where you can rent a room in a public area, as you go up through the building you share a floor with X amount of players but to have the housing away from the main gaming area sort of defeats the object, i dont see how it offers immersion etc, but lets open the floor, do you like, do you look for it in games, when you have one do you spend time and gold doing it out?

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

Best Answers

• huntersamhuntersam UncommonPosts: 210
    Answer ✓
    im sorry to say i dont think anyone will be swg housing , that is one thing they got spot on however if you want it non instanced you need a way to reomve empty house etc
  • valariavalaria UncommonPosts: 23
    Answer ✓
    Yeah, SWG is the only game that really got housing right in my opinion, and here is what I really liked about it.

1. NON-INSTANCED
      2. You could place your building practically anywhere. There were no 'housing zones' instead just the areas where there  already was a city or something were un-buildable.
      3. Plenty of storage space, AND items inside storage containers (chests, cabinets, ect.) did not count toward the building limit!
      4. You could place a vendor into your building and set up a shop to sell your items, with no extra credit cost or tax, and the items would be listed for a month.
      5. We could build our own cities.