Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PS4 MMO?

A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
hi guys,
any decent mmo/mmorpg for the ps4 right now that anybody knows of.
i like pvp and open world type of games.

thanks

Currently Playing:
...... :(

Comments

• CodeFuzerCodeFuzer Member UncommonPosts: 105
    TESO
  • huntersamhuntersam Member UncommonPosts: 210
    off the top of my head you have ESO and final fantasy neither of which appeal to me .
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    There aren't that many, but, if you like MMOFPS's which is heavy on the PVP, then Planetside 2 is even on the PS4, no idea if its any good though.
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    MMOfps Planetside 2 and Destiny

This have been a good conversation

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    tawess said:
    Destiny is mostly a single player game, there is no player chat of any kind, kind of a weird one tbh, though you can group up with a couple of other players ocasionally.
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    Elder scrolls online is the most obvious choice. Dc universe online is also a solid choice. its not very popular with PC's, but its very popular on ps4. both are F2P as well.
    as far as destiny goes, i consider it an fps that wants to be an mmo. it has dungeons, raids, gear progression, mounts, quests, dailies, and even a damn gearscore that restricts you from certain things until its high enough. its not massive as far as people go as there can only be 16 total people at one time on any given map. still a solid game albeit for a short time. then the boring grind of doing the same thing over and over.
  • derek39derek39 Member UncommonPosts: 265
    edited January 2016
    Phry said:
    tawess said:
    Destiny is mostly a single player game, there is no player chat of any kind, kind of a weird one tbh, though you can group up with a couple of other players ocasionally.
    Actually it's different now. There is voice chat in any fireteam based activity. You just pull up the ghost and toggle it on or off.

I would say Destiny is an MMO just as much as Guild Wars 1 was. It just happens to be an FPS.

Monster Hunter since '04!
    Currently playing: MHW & MHGU

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,067
    FFXIV you can play together with people who play on the PC. I think in ESO you are separated from the PC players. DCUO is soon allowing the players of all platforms to play together.
    Chamber of Chains
  • ESO_LAGESO_LAG Member UncommonPosts: 59
    CodeFuzer said:
    TESO

Just dont
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Final Fantasy XIV
    Elder Scrolls Online
    Destiny
    DC Universe Online
    Planetside 2

Soon The Division in March 8th
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    derek39 said:
    Phry said:
    tawess said:
    Actually it's different now. There is voice chat in any fireteam based activity. You just pull up the ghost and toggle it on or off.

I would say Destiny is an MMO just as much as Guild Wars 1 was. It just happens to be an FPS.
    Guild Wars was never an MMO. Anet called in a Co-op RPG, which is probably an accurate description. It also fits Destiny, which has never been described as an MMO by Bungie, in fact they went out of their way to make it clear that it isn't an MMO.
  • Moxom914Moxom914 Member RarePosts: 731
    derek39 said:
    Phry said:
    tawess said:

Guild Wars was never an MMO. Anet called in a Co-op RPG, which is probably an accurate description. It also fits Destiny, which has never been described as an MMO by Bungie, in fact they went out of their way to make it clear that it isn't an MMO.
    Bungie says its not an mmo just so people cant bitch about it. they want it to be an mmo. when destiny 2 info starts coming out, it will be even closer to if not an actual mmo. the only thing i feel destiny needs to be an mmo is having open world. it has all the other elements. the damn maps are just too small.