Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Now building game for VR!

BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
Has CR ever said, no we can think about that once we go live on all the games in development. No matter what hits the market this guy wants it in game now.

http://tinyurl.com/z9emw8u

I'm not perfect but I'm always myself!

Star Citizen – The Extinction Level Event

4/13/15 > ELE has been updated look for 16-04-13.

http://www.dereksmart.org/2016/04/star-citizen-the-ele/

Enjoy and know the truth always comes to light!

Comments

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    It adds a new reason for people to donate.  Gotta keep that money rolling in!
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297
    Building the game for VR and all controller types was already in the initial Kickstarter announcement.

So what you are saying is: CIG and Chris Roberts do what they said they would do.

Have fun
  • BrenicsBrenics Member RarePosts: 1,939
    Erillion said:
    Building the game for VR and all controller types was already in the initial Kickstarter announcement.

So what you are saying is: CIG and Chris Roberts do what they said they would do.

Have fun
    Really? I never read about VR on the original KS site!

Brenics said:
    Erillion said:

Have fun
    Really? I never read about VR on the original KS site!
    Read again:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen/description

• "Joystick, gamepad, mouse, keyboard are all supported.

We’ve all got our preferences, so why be forced to choose?

• Advanced peripheral support

As part of commitment to high end gaming we are dedicated to supporting the more exotic enthusiast peripherals; HOTAS, flight chair, rudder pedals. It’s all about the immersion and if you've got the equipment we want to support it!

• Virtual Reality is here!

We have backed Oculus Rift and will support it in Star Citizen / Squadron 42. Who doesn't want to sit in their cockpit, hands on your joystick and throttle, swiveling your head, to track that enemy fighter that just blew by?"

Have fun

• frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Erillion said:

Have fun 

There is a difference between talking about it and being about it.

I have wondered (and I know at least 2/3 people here have paid way more time and effort on this game than I have or am willing to, so this is as good a place as any) has CR or CIG ever said no that they don't have something planned or already in some area of the game that is still unseen when asked? 

Every time I see all these videos they've released I see people asking about relatively trivial and asinine things being in a game that is still functional only in a barebones sense and the response, at least that I've seen, is always that it is in game or definitely being planned in the game. It also always seems as though he's winging those responses and dancing about the details, but I'll pretend like the first time he saw the questions was when he was filming the video.

This is an honest question. Has CR ever said no, that something isn't in game or planned? 

I want to like the game, but I remember the Freelancer situation. While I'd like to lessen the clout that publishers wield in the gaming world, CRoberts is probably at the very bottom of the list of people I would entrust to pull it off. So far, it seems like he's found the same pitfalls and we'll be lucky to get an evolutionary game, rather than revolutionary.

Vaguely related... everyone compares this to E:D or Eve. Has anyone played or checked out Evochron Mercenary? Older game, but pretty awesome and as sandbox as you can get.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Amazing how fast the accusations and rebuttals come for this game.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Yeah but wasn't he updating that even after the original KS ended. I don't believe it was in the original plan.

Read a few of the comments over there, very enlightening to read. Last one 4 days ago.

frostymug said:

This is an honest question. Has CR ever said no, that something isn't in game or planned? 

He has said no.  An example:

"Will we be able to play as an alien ?"

Answer :  No. All players will play humans.

Have fun
    Brenics said:
    Yeah but wasn't he updating that even after the original KS ended. I don't believe it was in the original plan.

** sigh **

Whatever.

Have fun
  • frostymugfrostymug Member RarePosts: 645
    Erillion said:
    frostymug said:

He has said no.  An example:

"Will we be able to play as an alien ?"

Answer :  No. All players will play humans.

Have fun
    Good enough. Thanks for the reply
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    I believe if he had skipped VR someone would've made a post about how he added all those "crappy" milestones now he is skipping the most important thing for a space-sim and same people would've agreed here. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353
    Brenics said:

Read a few of the comments over there, very enlightening to read. Last one 4 days ago.
    It was. I specifically remember it being there when I looked at the KS page
  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    Minsc said:
    Brenics said:

It was. I specifically remember it being there when I looked at the KS page
    Man don't you know this is the internet.
    Don't let facts and reality get in the way of some peoples ranting :)
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Brenics said:

It was. Move on. Nothing to see here.

If you want to shoot at this game, there are still valid concerns about how long thier funds will run for with thier current burn rate, but this is grasping at straws...
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Brenics said:

http://web.archive.org/web/20121021225826/http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen/?

The internet does not forget!

also

$354,092

How cute.....
    edited January 2016
    Thank you.

So ...         @Brenics .... VR was already on the Kickstarter page on 21st Okt 2012.

What is the status of your conspiracy theory that CIG retrospectively changed the Kickstarter page w.r.t. VR?

What is the status of your conspiracy theory that Chris Roberts never said no to anything ?

Have fun

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2016
    funny how even the fanbois don't know their own game no wonder  it is so easy for him to rip people off.
    Original plan as everyone should know was a 6 million dollar budget but he also stated he had additional investors as well he had lots of his own money,so imo he didn't even need that 6 million.BTW 90% of present game ideas were already in game before 10 million,so it just baffles me how he has managed to claim now 100 million in stretch goals,what is he building 10 games?

The FIRST mention of VR was ONLY for the Hangar and that was an 11 million dollar stretch goal.
    Also FACT,he WASTED a lot of early money with claims that spending more,moving into bigger high tech studios would IMPROVE and speed up production,,hmmm fast forward 3+ years later,i think that comes out as total bs.

On that same topic of using pledge goal money on better and new offices to better build the game,he has of course now closed at least one major studio down,so much for that pledge goal,now he is claiming it is better this way but before it was more efficient the other way,guess he doesn't really know what he is doing.

90 million later can anyone confirm that stretch goal money of 11 mil for Hangar VR has been met?I mean maybe he hasn't had enough time with all those new high tech offices and studios he spent money on.

Can anyone even confirm the earlier pledges of around 2-5 mil have been met where he claimed you could customize your cockpit?

Trustworthy?Better do some Freelancer homework before you make those claims,he is anything but trustworthy.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:

Original plan as everyone should know was a 6 million dollar budget

--> That plan was already obsolete in Nov 2012 and is being brought up for the last 3 years, with the same amount of futility whenever it is posted.

The FIRST mention of VR was ONLY for the Hangar and that was an 11 million dollar stretch goal.

--> Verifyable incorrect. See link above to Kickstarter page 21st Oct 2012.

he has of course now closed at least one major studio down,

--> Verifyably incorrect. CIG Austin reporting in every month and rumours of its closure have been incorrect time and time again. That the rumours are incorrect has been confirmed by the gaming press.

90 million later can anyone confirm that stretch goal money of 11 mil for Hangar VR has been met?

--> Read the reports of CIG Frankfurt.

where he claimed you could customize your cockpit?

--> Read the reports on ongoing work on how to configure cockpit workstations, especially on multi player ships.

Trustworthy?Better do some Freelancer homework before you make those claims,he is anything but trustworthy.

--> You mean the Freelancer that has been reworked and is now playable for all in the Alpha 2.1  ;-)

--> Have fun

• ShodanasShodanas Member RarePosts: 1,933
    Wizardry said:
    Also FACT,he WASTED a lot of early money with claims that spending more,moving into bigger high tech studios would IMPROVE and speed up production,,hmmm fast forward 3+ years later,i think that comes out as total bs.
    It's funny how some people loose the ability to read and comprehend when it doesn't fit their personal agenda.

http://web.archive.org/web/20121021225826/http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen/

The above link is to the starting KS page of SC.

Scroll down and read:
    • Virtual Reality is here!

We have backed Oculus Rift and will support it in Star Citizen / Squadron 42. Who doesn't want to sit in their cockpit, hands on your joystick and throttle, swiveling your head, to track that enemy fighter that just blew by?

Now, please elaborate about the BS you wrote. Give us links to text or footage.

Ok I will give you that one. But hard to believe the guy is putting all this money into a lot of different things. When just one game can cost more than 100m with developers. I still do not see this ending well for backers and CR.

Brenics said:
    Ok I will give you that one. But hard to believe the guy is putting all this money into a lot of different things. When just one game can cost more than 100m with developers. I still do not see this ending well for backers and CR.
    @Brenics

You slowly begin to understand what makes this project unique ... and by its very nature risky.

That is also why many backers like me do not care so much about the timeline - it is the first time someone aims far beyond what is being shot out by the gaming industry year after year at mediocre quality and limited scope. Its done when its done.

Have fun
  • Turrican187Turrican187 Member UncommonPosts: 787
    Erillion said:
    [...]
    @Brenics ;

You slowly begin to understand what makes this project unique ... and by its very nature risky.
    [...]
    The only project in the whole world that is getting more risky the more money they have.

When you have cake, it is not the cake that creates the most magnificent of experiences, but it is the emotions attached to it.
    The cake is a lie.

• KiyorisKiyoris Member RarePosts: 2,130
    VR is dead, it has already failed.
    Kiyoris said:
    Interesting opinion. Especially in light of VR being one of the big current trends in the gaming industry, with multiple big names pushing its development.

Care to describe your arguments as to why its dead ?

And why Facebook (Oculus), Steam (SteamVR) and others are wrong. Add Microsoft if you count in AR (Augmented Reality) with the Microsoft HoloLens.

Have fun
    Kiyoris said:
    I won't say dead but in trouble if they don't bring the prices down. People are not going to buy at 500 price range unless you buy 30k jpg's in SC. Also I have heard a lot of problems with software. But I would expect that, could be couple years before it comes into it's own.