Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best decision I've made in the past 2 years was leaving this game

124»

Comments

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I used to be an unofficial bot bounty hunter in a game I used to play. I had email of a couple of GMs in the game and whenever I found a bot I would send a destroy message.  I loved watching them disappear from the game.  I guess AA does it differently.  
  • farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    A13xand37 said:
    Talonsin said:
    You sound like you are saying it is pay to win.  It clearly is not as seen in this video.  Make sure to focus at 4:20 minutes into it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9GqaJaS4bs
    :DDD you rock, i still wonder how Trion or whichever publisher he plays under didnt ban him already for speaking truth
    bro, i don't pay..so where is your truth going now ?
  • breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374
    flizzer said:
    I used to be an unofficial bot bounty hunter in a game I used to play. I had email of a couple of GMs in the game and whenever I found a bot I would send a destroy message.  I loved watching them disappear from the game.  I guess AA does it differently.  
    Yeah in AA 2127356 peeps need to report him and have lot of luck.
    Else they gonna be there for the next 2 weeks.
    Remember logging in 3 days in a row and see the same popo1 popo2 opopo3 ppo4 opopo4 goldfarming in the same spot, running around in a train formation after every mob that spawned :P

• Eno777Eno777 Member CommonPosts: 5
    edited January 2016
    JDis25 said:

I say that AA is pay to win, but it's also very play to win. It takes a long time to advance in Archeage, so does it matter if someone pays to get a boost or quits their job and all responsibilities to play more than you? Either way the most committed will win. Also, the more people who pay $, the cheaper cash shop items (namely labor potions, APEX, and regrade charms) become for free players.

Plus being in a guild who works together will win 15x over a free solo player, and over 5x a paying solo player.

When a game becomes a job it is time to quit. A lot of players get trapped into playing to keep up with other players. It's almost like smoking addiction in my viewpoint. A game is meant to be played in order to have fun and pass some time.

@ceratop001 Well, if you want to be no. 1, you gotta put in the effort I think. Are your goals in life to be no. 1 in your field? or no. 1 most wealthy in your country? world? Have you quit life yet?
  • Eno777Eno777 Member CommonPosts: 5
    It's not worth it for me to stick around in a game that doesn't take cheating seriously.

Really? I tried to make a new alt, did quests and got banned after reaching level 20.
    They take cheating so seriously they now ban everyone who makes a new account and levels it up. Or is committed and levels it up too fast...

My bet is that's how they drive away their new players. Luckily I still have my main and 2nd alt.
  • holdenhamletholdenhamlet Member EpicPosts: 3,772
    Eno777 said:
    It's not worth it for me to stick around in a game that doesn't take cheating seriously.

Really? I tried to make a new alt, did quests and got banned after reaching level 20.
    They take cheating so seriously they now ban everyone who makes a new account and levels it up. Or is committed and levels it up too fast...

My bet is that's how they drive away their new players. Luckily I still have my main and 2nd alt.
    I fail to see how them fucking up and banning an innocent character means they've figured out how to deal with cheating in Archeage effectively.

Anyway, even if they had figured it all out, it's too late.  BDO is coming out and it's way better than Archeage in a lot of ways.
  • AnnaTSAnnaTS Member UncommonPosts: 600
    I never tried archeage mainly because i don't like action combat, but i remember seeing this video someone posted on youtube and i had never seen so many bots before.

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244
    I remember fighting a few people with pvp gear just as I hit max lvl in wow. Looked pretty much the same. So I don't think it's unheard of not being able to damage a player the same lvl. Cash shop and all that drama aside.
  • FlyByKnightFlyByKnight Member EpicPosts: 3,967
    Archeage isn't action combat though. It's tab target.
    "As far as the forum code of conduct, I would think it's a bit outdated and in need of a refre *CLOSED*" 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    edited April 2016
    Its tab target vs free aim combat though.

The different kind to action would be turn based.

Archeage is a real time action combat game with psysics engine applied and with tab target.   
  • ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    farbege said:

Archeage is a real time action combat game with psysics engine applied and with tab target.   
    No. There is turn based vs real time combat. And there is tab target vs action based combat. Archeage is tab target. TERA, BDO, ESO, are action based.
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    I understand that people want more necros in games but lets leave it to games and not threads
  • RobsolfRobsolf Member RarePosts: 4,607
    To each their own.  I trialed it and couldn't really get into it.  With the eastern art style, pokemon wildlife, "hurry up and wait" gameplay, it couldn't have been much further from my kind of game.

I thought the "butterfly effect" premise of the game was silly, anyway.  As the ad went, "So I made the boat that was used in a war...", etc... why do I care if I have no way of knowing that happened?

Some people like it.  Who am I to say the game I do virtual stuff in is any better than theirs?
    Forgrimm said:
    farbege said:

No. There is turn based vs real time combat. And there is tab target vs action based combat. Archeage is tab target. TERA, BDO, ESO, are action based.
    No.  Archeage is real time action combat MMORPG.
    ESO is also but with freedom in aiming (tho aiming is somewhat "guided" as well ) but ESO lacks good physics for example. (No crash colition)

• MyNameIsVMyNameIsV Member UncommonPosts: 58
    Talonsin said:
    You sound like you are saying it is pay to win.  It clearly is not as seen in this video.  Make sure to focus at 4:20 minutes into it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9GqaJaS4bs
    Lol I love how the guy goes "This is ArcheAge, who is your daddy?"

Glad I quit this P2W piece of shit.
  • healboothealboot Member UncommonPosts: 103
    Is this game still alive? I had fun with it until they took all my land and put me on some new server
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791
    I paid a sub for six months but only played for about four. Game became too grindy. Also, didn't like the "housing and property" system too much. The first month I played the game was a lot of fun but it went down hill from there.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• BabuinixBabuinix Member EpicPosts: 4,265
    Yeah it's still alive, barely hanging on due bot's and such but it's hanging on. Still log from time to time and see (real) people around.
  • tasburathtasburath Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Zarkin86 said:
    best decision ive made is after testing the RU version to not ever play this game. have fun with your tab targeting :/

I don't play this game, but I prefer tab targeting in MMO's and moving with my mouse.  I don't play MMOs for twitch combat.  If I want that I will play battlefield or Overwatch.

I play MMO's for immersion and community.