Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I wish for classic so bad

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

I played the bata and moved on.  I considered the game boring with my small glance at bata.  I regret my decision so bad.

For the first few years, I would be playing other mmos, but read the forums here.  I would see topics of a great social structure, great Guilds, great team work, people roll playing to the lore. Topics were always positive.

With all the failures of this mmo market, I would love to have a chance to have this back.  I would stick my tail between my legs, so to speak and, in brace a community style game. 

But instead, we have a cash shop, and a simplified version of what was !!!!!!..........  Another classic that destroyed itself with only the die hards, and a few new accounts now and then trying to play catch up.  Only to give up a few weeks later.

I understand cash shops is the markets way of keeping a game on auto pilot, simplified to attract the six year olds, but clearly this isn't in the players interest but developers.  No one new ever seems to stay anyway in my OPINION.

Solution ?......Probably is none !........ All I'm saying is I can't play this classic. 

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042
    That doesn't make sense. Why wish for something to return that you didn't even like in the first place? The game was almost exactly the same at launch as it was in beta.
  • delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081
    Kabaal said:
    That doesn't make sense. Why wish for something to return that you didn't even like in the first place? The game was almost exactly the same at launch as it was in beta.

I didn't realize how social the game was, this is what makes an mmo.  Also we had many other choices of mmos back then.
    edited January 2016
    DMKano said:
    So the gist of the OP is as follows:

I am unhappy - the only thing that could make me happy is something that cannot be done.

Exactly......and this leaves me and many like me with no game

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    DMKano said:

I am unhappy - the only thing that could make me happy is something that cannot be done.

You mean like changing WoWs art style?

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Amjoco said:
    DMKano said:

You mean like changing WoWs art style?

I don't mind WoW's art style, or any other types.  As long as the game is coded well
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    DMKano said:

That's what happens when you lack the ability to compromise. Do you think any game is anyone's idea of a perfect experience?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Distopia said:
    DMKano said:

That's what happens when you lack the ability to compromise. Do you think any game is anyone's idea of a perfect experience?

Apparently not many have the ability to compromise. Just look an how most mmos are going lately :)
  • DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Distopia said:
    DMKano said:

Apparently not many have the ability to compromise. Just look an how most mmos are going lately :)
    How exactly are they going? Like really going, no conjecture or anecdotal guess work?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    DMKano said:

But you also had no game back then because you rejected it. Makes one wonder about the roots of your current "no game" status.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Look.....I'm expressing my desire to get a classic back, untainted by greed.

Nothing more. I understand the game has to make money, but not with greed.

Hey... no argument from me about greedy cash shops. Just saying that I did play it from release to just after Moria as my main MMO. Then I moved on to Warhammer Online and from that to Rift and so on.

There are still honest MMOs that are not just greedy cash grabs... a smaller number every day but they're out there. I still play them every day.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    It was doing something that really turned me off because i tried it twice and left rather quickly both times.
    It is sort of like a cheaper version of EQ2 and sort of a cross between ROM and eq2.Problem is EQ2 is just better,looks better and ROM had a few unique ideas that also put it over the top.

The early going was too linear scripted i know FFXIV did that as well as other games such as AOC,i don't really like that linear scripted beginning in games ,i like to feel an open ended game in a MMO.At least you do start in a city rather than like Wow in the middle of nowhere for no reason lol.
    IMO for 2007 it is or was not good enough,not bad looking by any means but the game as usual just looks like a single player game pretending to be a MMO.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Wizardry said:
    It was doing something that really turned me off because i tried it twice and left rather quickly both times.
    It is sort of like a cheaper version of EQ2 and sort of a cross between ROM and eq2.Problem is EQ2 is just better,looks better and ROM had a few unique ideas that also put it over the top.

The early going was too linear scripted i know FFXIV did that as well as other games such as AOC,i don't really like that linear scripted beginning in games ,i like to feel an open ended game in a MMO.At least you do start in a city rather than like Wow in the middle of nowhere for no reason lol.
    IMO for 2007 it is or was not good enough,not bad looking by any means but the game as usual just looks like a single player game pretending to be a MMO.
    Not to take away from your opinion--it's just your opinion after all--but the positives in LOTRO really were many more than the negatives. Yes, it was a themepark and had some similarities to WOW (many dismissed it as a WOW-clone) but it had great classes (Loremaster and Burglar were my favorites) some innovative group mechanics (fellowship maneuvers for example) and, ffs, it was bloody Middle Earth! :)

See... I KNOW for fact going into any MMO that it will be imperfect. I play them for the good bits not the shit.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• wyldmagikwyldmagik Member UncommonPosts: 516
    bata.....
  • Righteous_RockRighteous_Rock Member RarePosts: 1,234
    Distopia said:
    DMKano said:

I want to make a compromise , if I pay you I will have fun, if I pay you more, I will have more fun, I want to pay you and have fun rather than just have fun.