Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Xsyon now B2P. . old players play free. . unrestricted

AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
I might have missed this but it is big news for the game. 

You now buy and play the entire game.  Old players can just log in and play unrestricted.   It is unlikely to save the game but I am going to give it a shot again.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

Comments

• millsdomillsdo Member UncommonPosts: 23
    It's a great game. I hope more folks try it.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    ...for the BUMPz...

Picking it up now ;-)
  • SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    good game but had constant database performance issues when I played several years ago.

i might give it a shot again

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    SEANMCAD said:
    good game but had constant database performance issues when I played several years ago.

i might give it a shot again
    yeah like some other games. . they had issues when lots of people were on and then it was "fixed" after people bailed because of it.  A fun game though.

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Looks generic, from the Youtube videos I just watched anyways.

Is anybody playing this game consistently?
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Charged a sub during development. I refuse to participate or discuss in a positive light on principle.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    The concept of the game is solid,the type of game i like to play with players starting with nothing and having to work their way up with crafting.
    However it sure seems to be a common trend in this industry,the smart guys or ones with great vision have no money to do it really well.Then the devs with lots of money are the ones giving us generic lame game designs,so we really can't win.
    What would be nice to see are some collaborations,big devs should quit hiring former Blizzard devs or SOE devs and use some of these creative guys from these small indie teams.I realize a lot of the modern gamer just likes the themepark ,ride the wave of question marks around the maps but i believe there are a LOT of gamer's who really want a better ROLE playing experience with no hand holding and just nice concepts like this game has.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

Adjuvant1 said:
    Charged a sub during development. I refuse to participate or discuss in a positive light on principle.
    Hardly,

They released "prelude". . . . which they are still on :)  

From what I remember though, humour aside, they did release that before you paid a sub.  I was in the beta etc. and there was no charge for that although it was likely only for pre-orders, which I, and I assume you, also dislike.

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Aethaeryn said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Hardly,

From what I remember though, humour aside, they did release that before you paid a sub.  I was in the beta etc. and there was no charge for that although it was likely only for pre-orders, which I, and I assume you, also dislike.
    I don't understand what you think you're trying to say, but this game was on Steam for over a year with "early access" or "in development" disclaimer, while they charged users a monthly sub. This isn't to include the period of time before it was on Steam wherein they charged monthly for an unfinished game. The pos isn't worth my time to go digging for the various sites', including steam discussions, thread discussions, but if you're going to say I'm lying to people, I will do it in spite.

Just as a shot across your bow, I'll leave this here.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/297470/discussions/0/627456355987123543/

edited January 2016
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Aethaeryn said:
    Adjuvant1 said:
    Hardly,

I don't understand what you think you're trying to say, but this game was on Steam for over a year with "early access" or "in development" disclaimer, while they charged users a monthly sub. This isn't to include the period of time before it was on Steam wherein they charged monthly for an unfinished game. The pos isn't worth my time to go digging for the various sites', including steam discussions, thread discussions, but if you're going to say I'm lying to people, I will do it in spite.

Just as a shot across your bow, I'll leave this here.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/297470/discussions/0/627456355987123543/

Ah okay, I see where you are coming from. 

I haven't followed the game much since its launch.  They had a beta that was open to people who pre purchased and they never charged a sub until after they "released" prelude.  I was sort of kidding and agreeing with you because even that was really just the end of an alpha / beta "phase".  They did launch and consider the game released for a very long time though.

I had forgotten that they later went to kickstarter and then EA on steam.

In their defense, they did say from the very beginning that the game would always be in development.  The fact that it is still in "prelude" gives you an idea of how fast the development has gone.  Things slowed to a crawl years ago and they are just hoping to keep the game alive somehow.

You are totally right to disagree with paying a sub while in testing, but this game already went through a "released" phase.

I think it is a little different than a game like Pathfinder that openly charges a sub during initial development having never even launched.