Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A Second Look - TheHiveLeader - Warframe

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited January 2016 in Videos Discussion

imageA Second Look - TheHiveLeader - Warframe

It's been three years since TheHiveLeader last jumped into Warframe. It's time for a second look at the game that popularized Giant Albino Rhinos with machine guns!

Read the full story here

Comments

• SirmatthiasSirmatthias Member UncommonPosts: 562
    My biggest gripe with this game is my main character is on my pc and I would like to port it over to my ps4 but they stopped doing that like 2 years ago so I quit
  • aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 621
    So, ive never had any interest in playing this game, but I just had to watch this because, well, its a TheHIveLeader video. I gotta say, you almost make me want to play it. Sounds like theres been a ton of changes over the years, and the game is really in a nice place. Still not my thing, but great video none the less, im sure you got someone out there to give it another shot. :P
  • repomanrepoman Member UncommonPosts: 18
    First : as usual ( nice work and entertaining as ever ! )

Warframe:

Yepp, a ton of changes over the years ( thnx@aslan132 )
    It is no MMO, and it is more of a shooter than a rpg.
    But it is really fun to dive in and be a ninja in space. It reminds me often on Quake.
    AND a lot more...spacewars, the missions, the campaign(s ), raids, bosses, factions, trade/cardgames, chatwars, collecting, easycrafting and and and...the graphics are on top.
    It is relativ easy to learn, but hard to... you know it (farm it ). Also you can pay to be on top :/ as it is f2p.
    Otherwise you can get nearly everything ingame ( takes a lot of time,  though ).

I like it and it is fun ( remember: Clans! )

Trying hard to become human as it should be.

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    edited January 2016
    The way I look at warframe, is that its a collecting and optimizing game.

Think of miniatures and figurines or really any hobby where you build an item, you collect them and paint them to get them just the way you want them, then put them on a shelf. That's almost how I view warframe. I collect weapons/frames/sentinals/mods ect. forma and optimize weapons I like until they're just right, then move on to the next. For me at least, its very cathartic.
  • cesmode8cesmode8 Member UncommonPosts: 431
    Ive played warframe off and on for 1.5-2 yrs and have done A LOT in the game.

For a first person shooter, its VERY well done. I think the game is incredible for being free. The graphics, lighting, sounds, etc...very well done. The dev holds bi-weekly streams/updates.

But the game is not without its faults and they are large ones in my opinion...

-The development of the game seems to be in the form of "more guns, more warframes, more prime guns and warframes" instead of balance what is there so that you can use any gun and be viable into late game...making build diversity a priority, etc.
    -Lack of build diversity.
    -Yes, free to play. But very difficult to acquire what you need from playing the game. You can level a char to max level, 30, and guns to max lvl 30...great. But they are weak as sh-t as is. If you want to run in a T3/T4 survival for an hour (which is endgame but is a very common form of endgame, literally everyone does it so you feel compelled to do so)...you'll need to power up your guns and warframes more. So you Forma them...forma = reset all levels and gives you the ability to add more mods etc to your warframes and guns. Sometimes you Forma your guns 4 or 5 times(level them up 4 or 5 times). So the game becomes "grind out forma/etc to make your character more powerful, or buy the forma on the cash shop to make it much quicker".
    -After you level up the flavor of the week guns (3-5x), what else is there to do to progress or challenge yourself? T3/T4 survivals and defenses? fun, but after doing it a few dozen times you get bored. Leaderboard chasing? Sure, but its mega hard to even get on a leaderboard. My best in a solo-T4 survival was about 45 minutes? There are people that run it for 1.5-2 hrs. How on earth...??

Overall, I would give the game solid 7.5-8/10. Huge potential, they just need to stop pumping out new weapons and frames (so that we spend money) and actually balance the game and improve its quality.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Not my kinda game (tried, was too boring), but the video is easily among the HL top 10.
    Fyuu-jon (blam, fat Gotenks) Sh.t I'll be right back :lol:
    Or the: Man, 12 hours? I can get to max level 6 wow-clones in that amount of time...
     :+1: 
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    HiveLeader is back, from those irrelevant funny RPG reviews... or not so much back, but at least its a video of a game...
  • ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Looks nice. maeby i try it.
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Don't like it. Pretty P2W too, unless you want to play boring frames for a long time until you grind and craft some lol.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • PrudiiPrudii Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Something, which I'm surprised Hive didn't mention ... the game is starting to take a more rpg turn of events. They really want to make this more of a 'living' universe. In fact, they just added a voiced and cinematic quest that explains some lore ... though I believe it only lasts a couple hours... they are going in the right direction to expand this game.
  • SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    I tried this on PS4 but after playing Destiny for a year this looks week compare to it.
  • mystik13mystik13 Member UncommonPosts: 145
    The recent second dream update added significantly to the plot and gave some end game type abilities to work toward. The game is crazy repetitive but fun if you like experimenting with frames and weapons.
  • ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263
    *highfives Hive* Donatello's my fav too! Easiest to make a weapon when was roleplaying him as a kid! ;)

I usually play Warframe for a month and then take a 3-4 month break. I'm pretty decked out (have room for improvement ofc.) and have enough gear and exp for raiding (yes, there is raiding and it's oh so different from mmorpg raiding), so i usually just find a guild to join for that month. A fun game, but pretty repetitive to be a full-time game (although I did encounter some people that have this game as their main).

Cheers.
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,515
    Thanks for the great video!- Warframe=Waste of time. Almost downloaded that shit.

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• NetspookNetspook Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    I hit "not interested" on for this game on Steam, but this video makes me wanna check it out. Btw, love your vids, Hive, the one about healing in MMOs is still my favourite :)
  • Alka_SetzerAlka_Setzer Member UncommonPosts: 167
    12 hour crafting time for weapons (more for warframes) seems like a complete nightmare and turn off in the beginning when you're just starting out (it did for me, I almost quit) but later on once you start accumulating tons of blueprints you typically wont even be able to try out all the weapons by the time everything finishes crafting. Basically you'll have more to play around with and wont really even be concerned with the crafting time because of that.

Been playing it on and off for a few years, mostly off since I'm caught up with the content but it's great. No need to spend platinum or any real money at all. Everything except a few cosmetics is obtainable in-game through crafting or trading with other players. You will literally never need to spend a dime if you don't want to. Only reason you would ever need to spend any platinum or money is if you don't want to trade items to other players for platinum and if you can't be bothered farming something, or want cosmetics.
  • nycplayboy78nycplayboy78 Member UncommonPosts: 212
    If you need more detailed information regarding Warframe then watch Mogamu on Twitch. He is the Warframe god along with Scion on Twitch....