Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Speech Denied, SC moving to become a 1984 universe?

123457»

Comments

• KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    feroshus said:
    Kefo said:
    feroshus said:
    They can ban for whatever they want, period. There's no proof that any of those emails or texts weren't completely fabricated, as pointed out in the INN counter-article. Therefore there's no proof that the bans weren't directly related to the user's conduct on the official forums. Story over. You guys have trouble reading or what?

Making up long, nonsensical, hypothetical situations to validate or invalidate actions that may or may not have happened is just....sad. Let. It. Go. 
    Also no proof the INN quotes are real either. When asked about it in the comments section they ignore the question. Seems you might have some trouble reading.

If you don't like our arguing about star citizen feel free to not visit this section of the forums. 

That's just ridiculous, we can reasonably assume that those quotes came directly from the people they are attributed to. They are responses to the article, there's no reason to fake them lol Much different than screen captures of supposed e-mails and texts used to support an accusation.

In this case the original article is accusing CIG of banning people from their forums for off-site activity. If you're going to make assertions like that you better have the proof to back it up. You don't need proof to respond to it lol What a joke, asking for audio and screen captures. It's called common sense...

Now if another article from a reputable source came out calling the INN quotes into question, that would be different. They might have to prove their sources then, which I have no doubt they easily could. 

Bottom line there's no real proof that these users were banned for anything other than their behavior on the official forums, so the arguing in this thread is pointless and sad. There's no dire issue here with far reaching implications, just a bunch of people desperate for SC drama.

Right, I think your bias is showing a little. INN wants proof said emails are real but when someone asks for proof of the quotes well they don't need to give them because its a response in a article.

You don't need proof to respond to it but if you start posting your own quotes then you better put down your own proof or you are going to get called on it damn quick.

Also it's a gaming message board. I don't come here to see what is happening in third world countries. I come here to read about gaming. So stop comparing it that way because you are making yourself look quite silly.
  • feroshusferoshus Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Kefo said:
    feroshus said:
    Kefo said:
    feroshus said:
    They can ban for whatever they want, period. There's no proof that any of those emails or texts weren't completely fabricated, as pointed out in the INN counter-article. Therefore there's no proof that the bans weren't directly related to the user's conduct on the official forums. Story over. You guys have trouble reading or what?

Making up long, nonsensical, hypothetical situations to validate or invalidate actions that may or may not have happened is just....sad. Let. It. Go. 
    Also no proof the INN quotes are real either. When asked about it in the comments section they ignore the question. Seems you might have some trouble reading.

If you don't like our arguing about star citizen feel free to not visit this section of the forums. 

That's just ridiculous, we can reasonably assume that those quotes came directly from the people they are attributed to. They are responses to the article, there's no reason to fake them lol Much different than screen captures of supposed e-mails and texts used to support an accusation.

In this case the original article is accusing CIG of banning people from their forums for off-site activity. If you're going to make assertions like that you better have the proof to back it up. You don't need proof to respond to it lol What a joke, asking for audio and screen captures. It's called common sense...

Now if another article from a reputable source came out calling the INN quotes into question, that would be different. They might have to prove their sources then, which I have no doubt they easily could. 

Bottom line there's no real proof that these users were banned for anything other than their behavior on the official forums, so the arguing in this thread is pointless and sad. There's no dire issue here with far reaching implications, just a bunch of people desperate for SC drama.

Right, I think your bias is showing a little. INN wants proof said emails are real but when someone asks for proof of the quotes well they don't need to give them because its a response in a article.

You don't need proof to respond to it but if you start posting your own quotes then you better put down your own proof or you are going to get called on it damn quick.

Also it's a gaming message board. I don't come here to see what is happening in third world countries. I come here to read about gaming. So stop comparing it that way because you are making yourself look quite silly.

No bias here, I just don't swallow any and all garbage that's put in front of me. Nor do I start with the sky is falling nonsense like "because of that you are now committing corporate espionage and your CIG forum ban is incoming if they match your names."

If you can't see the difference between quoted responses with names directly attached and screenshots of emails and text messages, you have problems that I can't solve for you. It's true both articles could be misleading, but the burden of proof here is definitely on the accusers.

Yes it's a gaming forum, and I have no idea what that has to with 3rd world countries, nor was I ever "comparing it what way"....whatever that means. You're the only one looking silly drawing these crazy conclusions from a bit of very weak evidence.

Anyways looks like people have caught on and the thread is dead. Bottom line (still) is they were banned for their conduct on the official forums, nothing more. Story over, just like I said in the first place :)
    feroshus said:
    Kefo said:

No bias here, I just don't swallow any and all garbage that's put in front of me. Nor do I start with the sky is falling nonsense like "because of that you are now committing corporate espionage and your CIG forum ban is incoming if they match your names."

If you can't see the difference between quoted responses with names directly attached and screenshots of emails and text messages, you have problems that I can't solve for you. It's true both articles could be misleading, but the burden of proof here is definitely on the accusers.

Yes it's a gaming forum, and I have no idea what that has to with 3rd world countries, nor was I ever "comparing it what way"....whatever that means. You're the only one looking silly drawing these crazy conclusions from a bit of very weak evidence.

Anyways looks like people have caught on and the thread is dead. Bottom line (still) is they were banned for their conduct on the official forums, nothing more. Story over, just like I said in the first place :)
    "All Star Citizen backers are suckers for giving me all this money" - Chris Roberts

I'm quoting what he told me earlier....its the truth because its a quote and not a screenshot. Do you see the hole in your argument now?

You may want to read the original articles linked because CIG in the emails said it was corporate espionage. 

You were comparing it "what way" since you said "There's no dire issue here with far reaching implications, just a bunch of people desperate for SC drama." Clearly you think this is a forum where world events are reported and not an actual gaming site where gaming news is reported. 

I'm off to bed but thanks for the laugh watching you try to back peddle out of your earlier blunders.
  • feroshusferoshus Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Kefo said:
    feroshus said:
    Kefo said:

"All Star Citizen backers are suckers for giving me all this money" - Chris Roberts

I'm quoting what he told me earlier....its the truth because its a quote and not a screenshot. Do you see the hole in your argument now?

You may want to read the original articles linked because CIG in the emails said it was corporate espionage. 

You were comparing it "what way" since you said "There's no dire issue here with far reaching implications, just a bunch of people desperate for SC drama." Clearly you think this is a forum where world events are reported and not an actual gaming site where gaming news is reported. 

I'm off to bed but thanks for the laugh watching you try to back peddle out of your earlier blunders.

There's no hole in my arguments, and each reply from you gets more rambling and confused than the last. It would seem your reading comprehension does indeed need some work. At this point you're not even replying to the points at all, but mindlessly trolling.

That's shown clearly by you now referencing the original article as proof when it's validity has been seriously questioned (which in case you missed it, is exactly what we were discussing) 

I never mentioned world events, it seems you grossly misinterpreted the meaning of that sentence. Can't say I'm surprised. I'd explain it, but you've clearly lost all concept of what we're going back and forth about here, so I'll just say good luck with your falling sky chicken little, and good day :)
    feroshus said:
    Kefo said:
    feroshus said:
    Kefo said:

There's no hole in my arguments, and each reply from you gets more rambling and confused than the last. It would seem your reading comprehension does indeed need some work. At this point you're not even replying to the points at all, but mindlessly trolling.

That's shown clearly by you now referencing the original article as proof when it's validity has been seriously questioned (which in case you missed it, is exactly what we were discussing) 

I never mentioned world events, it seems you grossly misinterpreted the meaning of that sentence. Can't say I'm surprised. I'd explain it, but you've clearly lost all concept of what we're going back and forth about here, so I'll just say good luck with your falling sky chicken little, and good day :)
    Yeah now I know your trolling.