Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

*SPOILER* Sith Warrior RANT/Question

QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
*SPOILER*

Ok, so I just had Quin betray me and try and kill me. So considering that I have repeatedly stated, right before killing every victim on this stage of the quest, that ALL of Baris' minions must DIE and then subsequently kill them, so of course, after finding out Quin is a Baris minion that just tried to kill me, I immediately...... INVITE HIM BACK TO MY SHIP!?!

My question is this, I have heard that in KoTFE that you can lose some companions and that some can even get killed off. Is this true and can I ever kill Quinn?

www.90and9.net
www.prophecymma.com

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    edited January 2016
    Quicksand said:
    *SPOILER*

Ok, so I just had Quin betray me and try and kill me. So considering that I have repeatedly stated, right before killing every victim on this stage of the quest, that ALL of Baris' minions must DIE and then subsequently kill them, so of course, after finding out Quin is a Baris minion that just tried to kill me, I immediately...... INVITE HIM BACK TO MY SHIP!?!

My question is this, I have heard that in KoTFE that you can lose some companions and that some can even get killed off. Is this true and can I ever kill Quinn?
    It's unknown until they reintroduce the character. I know you currently have the option of killing several of them, like Xalek, and I believe Tanno Vik. So it's possible they'll do the same for Quinn.

Chapter X should be a good indicator of what to expect when it comes out in February, since it's reintroducing a "major" character with Kaliyo and all. If she turns out to be killable, then Quinn will likely be as well.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524
    I understand where you are coming from since when i first played through it as well I felt the same way. They did off it in beta to kill him at one point i believe but don't hold me to that I only played the stress test. If they did i think it was because than you as a player are left with a huge gap in your companion list and quinn being a healer is probably the most used one for a warrior, I personally only used Vett and Jaesa since i was a tank. Anyway thats just what i've heard and I wouldn't be surprised if they let you off him.

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Thanks for the replies, some very helpful info

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    reid424 said:
    I understand where you are coming from since when i first played through it as well I felt the same way. They did off it in beta to kill him at one point i believe but don't hold me to that I only played the stress test. If they did i think it was because than you as a player are left with a huge gap in your companion list and quinn being a healer is probably the most used one for a warrior, I personally only used Vett and Jaesa since i was a tank. Anyway thats just what i've heard and I wouldn't be surprised if they let you off him.
    During the beta it was possible to kill him for his treachery, yep. And they changed it because otherwise they'd get an endless amount of tickets from people who'd blindly clicked the DS option for points (or lulz) and who later on found themselves gimped in the game when it came to crafting. Not to mention stuck without a healer!. :D

Now with KotFE we've got such a ridiculous amount of companions to pick from that they can afford to let us kill some of them. The only remaining issue that might keep them from letting players kill Quinn, is the fact that he's a romance option, and a quite popular one at that. And Bioware doesn't like paying for voice actors for characters that some of the player base has killed off.

Hence my whole thing about "Let's see how they handle Kaliyo", who is also a companion many Agents want to kill because of story reasons.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• Heffy424Heffy424 Member UncommonPosts: 524
    I thought they did thanks for the confrmation, I agree with KotFE the option should be renewed, plus if you loved quinn sure you could look past is mistake.