Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'Strategic Reorganization' Underway - Firefall News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2016 in News & Features Discussion

image'Strategic Reorganization' Underway - Firefall News

In unsurprising news after earlier reports of financial difficulties, Red 5 Studios has sent word that it is undergoing "strategic reorganization".

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Nickhead420Nickhead420 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    No regularly scheduled payday but they were paid nearly a week late? If it's not scheduled, can it be late?
  • hfztthfztt Member RarePosts: 1,401
    Nickhead420 said:
    No regularly scheduled payday but they were paid nearly a week late? If it's not scheduled, can it be late?

You should read that sentence they other way it can also be read: They where not payed on the day they usually get paid.
  • donger56donger56 Member RarePosts: 443
    Just end it already. This game was ruined long ago. They had some good ideas, but they couldn't pull it off. Take your place next to Tabula Rasa and the rest of the  MMOFPS failures. Letting this drag out only makes it worse. Time to cut bait and move on. RIP.
  • GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    edited January 2016
    ---MOD EDIT---

@BillMurphy - you really need to get on this.
    My suggestion is to see if Red5 actually do miss another employee payment? 
    If not - you owe them (and your readers) a retraction and apology.

Or you can simply copy MMOCulture's "About Us" disclaimer here to MMORPG.com?

EDIT @ Amana - before you delete my post could you at least read it and try to understand it?

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    @Gyrus - We've heard your arguments and complaints before in the previous stories. But stop posting and reposting them. Keep this thread about the matter at hand, please.  

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

edited January 2016
    @Gyrus - We've heard your arguments and complaints before in the previous stories. But stop posting and reposting them. Keep this thread about the matter at hand, please.  
    @BillMurphy,

So, All you articles are 'hyped up' based on one Reddit post - and you can keep reposting variations on that - but I can't point that out?

Edit: You also deleted the bit about MMOCulture being a Click Bait Blog and this in fact probably being something like a in game give-away of virtual goods?  (Promotion)
    How is that not part of the matter at hand?

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Gyrus said:
    @BillMurphy,

So, All you articles are 'hyped up' based on one Reddit post - and you can keep reposting variations on that - but I can't point that out?
    With all due respect (right or wrong) shouldn't this be taken offline?
    Gyrus said:

That one reddit post, among many other sources from Red 5, including one who threatened a law suit, have all but confirmed the very thing THIS news story is about (which comes directly from Red 5). That's the last I think I need to say on the matter. Please stick to the actual topic at hand, the statement from Red 5 about the "strategic reorganization". 

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto

...Please stick to the actual topic at hand, the statement from Red 5 about the "strategic reorganization". 
    Okay - fair enough.

With that in mind can you please provide a link or a source for the quote given about the "strategic reorganization"?

I followed all the links and couldn't find it.

I got to here which is MassivelyOP (and the earliest reference to this)...which again links to all the stuff I mustn't say...  and they quote "Source: Red 5 Studios PR" - so was it an email?

Doesn't it really just say "We are going to promote the game and release in China."?

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    edited January 2016
    This poor chienese guy, why did he have to buy this shitty company with sub-par programmers who don't know what they are trying to deliver with their game, who their game is for and where they see the game going in next 3 years; ohh wait they are in beta for nearly 3 years.Sigh..... after playing the very 1st beta and seeing how drastically they changed the game from there it is clear this company is a total waste of money. Meanwhile 38 studios; company that brought us kingdom of amalur got shut down due to money problem.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    I have a bad feeling someone is going to fill this topic with vitriol in an attempt to get it locked.

I also have a bad feeling that Red 5 is not in a position they can recover from. I don't see this game appealing to eastern audiences.
  • DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Meanwhile 38 studios; company that brought us kingdom of amalur got shut down due to money problem.

38 Studios learned a hard lesson... use your own money so you can skate on by for several years or get others to give you free money but NEVER borrow/loan the money, they will always expect it back.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    MrSyn said:
    Meanwhile 38 studios; company that brought us kingdom of amalur got shut down due to money problem.

38 Studios learned a hard lesson... use your own money so you can skate on by for several years or get others to give you free money but NEVER borrow/loan the money, they will always expect it back.
    There is actually a lot more going on there(blackmailing into handing over IP) but basically yes, they should never had loaned from that company.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

Gyrus said:

Doesn't it really just say "We are going to promote the game and release in China."?
    It was an email press release, no link to give. @SBFord can clarify further, but that's the gist of it.  The quote is verbatim from the email sent out.

My Review Manifesto

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    MrSyn said:

OR....Hire a real money manager because all of that money dealings was his manager's call.Although was foolish of passionate enough to put a lot or all of his own money into it.

What he should have done is just get Blizzard to publish it,that is auto sales if even selling a jar of dirt.
    I would hope that everyone by now knows the phrase "Strategic Restructuring" means "we are not making any money so are laying off employees and going with a very small team.
    I just wish all these half ass developers would quit attempting to make games,they are always rushed out crap,half done half baked geesh the meat is red on the inside and the cookie dough is still wet.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• LegendCarissoLegendCarisso Member UncommonPosts: 101
    Either way... I gave up on this game awhile ago. Three years... and I'm a VERY patient guy; I just couldn't handle that increasing level of bullcrap anymore. Shift your servers from the east coast of the US and plop those suckers in Chinaville? Focus more on delivering content to your new "Chinese" target-audience and say "screw you" to the US from which you got your start to begin with?

...No, no. No. That's not how it works, Red 5. Either way, see you never I say. They should've moved to China the moment they took The9's money. Would've saved their playerbase a lot of heartache. Degraded into more of a carnival than a themepark, and their direction is so misguided by corporate hands.... -cough-

I just play WARFRAME if I need a co-op MMO to play. None of this political nightmare scenery that Red 5 is all about, timely updates, new toys to play with... and an overall fun game to shoot up stuff in (or hack n' slash).
  • kenpokillerkenpokiller Member UncommonPosts: 321
    That time we post thread on forums stating we want new items in sho^p

WE WANT TO GIVE YOU MONEY R5

one of the few games i've seen that happen

sigh.

Oh well ArenaPvP and Jetball from time to time will suffice

Sway all day, butterfly flaps all the way!