Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good MMORPG's with World PVP?

raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237
It doesn't have to be the main focus of the game, but something with some fun World PVP would be great. I'm not looking for instanced BG PVP. I want to be able to PVP out in the game world. I'm okay with certain areas being restricted ala WoW but I don't want to have to join an instance to PVP ala ESO or GW2. 

Anything like that out there still?

Prefer f2p/b2p but will definitely look at sub games.

www.facebook.com/themarksmovierules

Currently playing:

FFXIV on Behemoth, FFXI on Eden, and Gloria Victis on NA. 

Comments

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Eve online? Shards is still in alpha but it is worth a look and so is Crowfall and Camelot unchained but there a precious few good released games with open world PvP that isn't either ancient or really bad.
  • raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237
    I tried EVE so many times. I can't do the whole space ship thing.

Currently playing:

• CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523
    Elder Scrolls Online actually has a very cool RvR system, check it out!  Other then that you might have to wait until Camelot Unchained comes out, by far the very best PvP/RvR game.
  • TorpidTorpid Member UncommonPosts: 2
    Not sure many are still playing or not but give Darkfall a try maybe if you haven't already. 
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Cryptor said:
    Elder Scrolls Online actually has a very cool RvR system, check it out!  Other then that you might have to wait until Camelot Unchained comes out, by far the very best PvP/RvR game.
    And it still isn't what OP is looking for, both ESO and GW2 have good RvR but it isn't open world PvP.

Unless OP could get into Crowfall or Shards Alpha the alternatives are pretty slim right now. There is Darkfall of course but there are a lot of rumors about it may be revamped or closing down (not sure what is true, not really my type of game). There are a few Asian MMOs that have PvP servers but to me they are all aweful.

Sorry, not really being helpful here. But do check out the new Shards vids on youtube and there are some crowfall there as well.
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    edited December 2015
    ESO's Cyrodiil is as big as whole Eastern Kingdoms, I'm pretty confident that's "open-world PvP". All GW2's PvP maps combined are still smaller than Cyrodiil, it's that huge.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    ArcheAge, Lineage 2, Echo Of Soul, Age Of Wushu, Aion

• QuesaQuesa Member UncommonPosts: 1,432
    Black Desert Online has OWPvP after a certain level.  They also have GvG and guild controlled regions.  It's a pretty fantastic looking game with some huge potential.  There are some things that worry me a great deal though, the no player-player trading and severely limited item marketplace which basically price fixes anything you put on it all in the name of the great RMT boogyman.

We'll see though.  It will probably be something I play although not sure how long.  It's currently slated to be B2P ($30) with cash-shop.  We don't have any details on what will be in the shop yet, either.
    Star Citizen Referral Code: STAR-DPBM-Z2P4
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    It's not open world, but I really enjoyed GW2 PvP last time I played it. :-)
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    age of wushu (US) or age of wulin (EU)

open world pvp in that game is prob the best i have played.

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

• raystantzraystantz Final Fantasy XI CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,237
    josko9 said:
    ESO's Cyrodiil is as big as whole Eastern Kingdoms, I'm pretty confident that's "open-world PvP". All GW2's PvP maps combined are still smaller than Cyrodiil, it's that huge.
    Sorry I'm late on this reply, but nope.. not open world PVP.  I have to not only queue for it, it ONLY takes place in one large map that you can't get to unless you zone into it. Meaning, I can't get killed by players or kill other players at all unless I go there. People go there knowing they are going to PVP, and that takes all of the surprise and fun out of it. It's still zoned PVP, so it's definitely not open world..

Examples of open world pvp would be.. Darkfall, Archeage, World of Warcraft (although it pretty much doesn't exist now thanks to BGs and Arena), Lineage 2... and so on.

Currently playing: