Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greed Monger Back In Production - MMORPG.com News

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageGreed Monger Back In Production - MMORPG.com News

Massively is reporting that Greed Monger's original lead programmer, James Proctor, has revived the Greed Monger site and announced that the game is back in development. According to a post on the forums, systems are in development for PvE encounters and a 'beta land rush'. The site itself is largely empty, though there are new forums for interested parties to check out.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 802
    LMFAO.

Please, don't call him a programmer.
    I like to complain about games.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Please let this die......

We are East!

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    edited January 2016
    I think we all know where this will lead to.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

I didn't know Star Citizen ever went out of production... oh wait you are talking about some other Greed Monger.

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Talked to James back then.. nice guy..
    But let's face it he has no idea what he is doing.
    He kept saying he will finish this game.. then he dumped it to start another game instead... then he "revived" this..

No sorry, this will never get anywhere.
    Harbinger of Fools
  • EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749
    So, whatever happened to that zombie survival MMO you promised to your Greed Monger backers once the game went under? Didn't finish it, either, right?
  • GhabboGhabbo Member UncommonPosts: 263
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Oh my lord lol.
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    I think we all know where this will lead to.

Wow killer?
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Dude seriously has some ADHD.  Pick a project and finish it for heavens sake.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• DXSinsDXSins Member UncommonPosts: 324
    Why is gaming media even covering this... all you are doing is providing a platform for them to entice people to give them more money to run off with.

You followed all of the tactics they used last year to remove responsibility from each other and run away with the money, yet you still decide to run stories and give coverage for them. Next you will be telling us about their next kickstarter.

How were these clowns not driven out of the industry by now is beyond me.

Any person that gives these guys more money is a dam right idiot if you ask me.
    I really enjoyed reading the 30+ pages of drama they made though. This could get good.
  • SinfulChrisSinfulChris Member UncommonPosts: 73
    This is worthwhile news?

I stubbed my toe earlier getting some tea to help sit at my desk for a while, where is my article? I can relate it to gaming somehow.
  • DahkohtDahkoht Member UncommonPosts: 479
    edited January 2016
    Is James the lying , attention whore , who threatened to sue here and other outlets for basically talking about him ?

Edit: Looks like no,  that's Appleton , so is James legit and simply trying to get it published or the same sort of person as Appleton ?
  • unfilteredJWunfilteredJW Member RarePosts: 388
    Fantastic. It's just the gift that keeps on giving.

I'm a MUDder. I play MUDs.

Current: Dragonrealms

• SalengerSalenger Member UncommonPosts: 554
    Yeah right...more like this SOB re-opened the donations and support packages again...probably broke...again, this game is nothing but a scam and will never finish...shame on MMORPG.com for even mentioning this after what occurred during the original mess.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    The dead MMOish mess that won't stay dead. Should be renamed "Rasputin"
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    edited January 2016
    Games back on! Still no t-shirts.

Maybe they will try and sue this site again for posting this article.
  • TybostTybost Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Oh. My. God. THIS YEAR IS GOING TO BE FAAAABUUUUULLLUUUUS /Sarcasmfuturepopcorn2016

Sod Off Already! LOL

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,947
    Is it April 1st?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    dam..... where is my CC .............
    Hey does anyone have a link to their Google Hangout video where they were going to talk about how great the game was going, but after demoing it were talked into cancelling the project because of how batshit awful it was?

That Russian guy was hillarious  =)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Hey does anyone have a link to their Google Hangout video where they were going to talk about how great the game was going, but after demoing it were talked into cancelling the project because of how batshit awful it was?

LOL. Of all people I thought you'd have that link for sure. c;
    OhhPaigey said:

No I forgot it as I moved on to the next gaming-horror that was Pathfinder Online.

OhhPaigey said:

No I forgot it as I moved on to the next gaming-horror that was Pathfinder Online.

Isn't it this one? 

I remember their very bad "PR" guy lmao.