Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is the expansion?

muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
I've really wanted to try this game for a while.  But haven't yet. (Because Square Enix refuses to send me a confirmation email.)  Did I miss all the news about the expansion that came out like 6 months ago?  Or was is just not worth talking about?

Comments

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    No it was amazing.  Well, the story part was amazing and well worth the price of the box.  The stuff to do at max level once you finish the story is fairly similar to 2.0, so if you enjoyed it back then you should find the new expansion end game content as good or better.
  • muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    nice.  thanks reeereee.  was hoping the expansion would have been included in the steam sale.
  • XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 606
    edited December 2015
    Yes, this game is totally worth every penny. Only MMO I have stuck with for more than a few months (2+ years) since WoW.

One thing to note, is if you have never played before, you wont even be able to touch the expansion until you complete the 2.0 main story, which is alot of quests, but still fun.

You might find negativity about how grindy it is, but I can't think of any mmorpg or sandbox that doesn't have grinding, so those opinions are just stupid.

People call FFXIV a WoW clone, but it does so many things that are different to separate it from "generic WoW clone" and let's face it most MMO companies use WoW as the basis for a successful MMO, so it isn't always a bad thing.

Square Enix took some inspiration from WoW, but they added their own fresh ideas and systems to the game to make it stand on its own as a super polished, feature rich, fun and engaging mmorpg experience.
  • StarplanStarplan Member UncommonPosts: 19
    Yea, the expansion is nice. Especially the mounts :)