Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Super addicted to this one

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
So I've just made 4k prestige. I'm still a noob. I've been playing for about one week and just opened up my first class (Kinetic) after the starters (I also bought the CE and got Alchemist and Knight).

There are some things to learn and things that are "counter-intuitive." I can see a lot of people getting annoyed and walking away from the game because of that. But the pve is really fun, to me. It's challenging, but you need to be aware of those "counter-intuitive" issues to have a smoother ride. If you are thinking about giving the game a try, I recommend reading this first.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Skyforge/comments/3e7r9f/yokais_newbie_guide_to_skyforge_important_dos_and/

If anyone else has any advice or other links that are good for noobs in that 4k to 9k range, let me know.


Comments

  • PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
    wait until youre at 25k prestige when your limits are all cut after 1-2 days and you have to start opening your wallet :dizzy: 

    the limits are ok at start then you reach them faster and faster.

    you cant even farm Holy Text anymore once your out of credit limit.....

    all you can do to get them is buying ingame Ardent for real $$$$$$$$

    They basicaly give you a trial up to around 20-25k Prestige and believe me 25k is still nothing but your hooked and possibly paying to get further.

    nice business plan !!!
  • KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Pongping said:
    wait until youre at 25k prestige when your limits are all cut after 1-2 days and you have to start opening your wallet :dizzy: 

    the limits are ok at start then you reach them faster and faster.

    you cant even farm Holy Text anymore once your out of credit limit.....

    all you can do to get them is buying ingame Ardent for real $$$$$$$$

    They basicaly give you a trial up to around 20-25k Prestige and believe me 25k is still nothing but your hooked and possibly paying to get further.

    nice business plan !!!
    Not really :P Im 55k and i only bought Founders pack way back. There are some tricks how to make money by selling sparks replicators that dont count towards the cap or selling upgrades for 2x more money (skipping the cap again)

    I made 4+ mil on selling spark replicators alone. While its true you cant max out everything w/o buying a little bit of argents, you wont be missing anything really. There are no special I win items that only can be bought for money. Its all about speed or progression, that dont really matter that much anymore due to scaling. At least it dont matter for new players.

    Another thing is once you reach 36k a whole new game starts. You get access to Invasions, Anommaly zones, God mode form, new quests, currencies, Divine Atlas and many more things. You will be busy all week long and according to the russian version there are more and more things to do that are not in our version yet. Like Invasion Atlas, Distortions, God Specializations, Pantheon Wars and many new raids, zones, dungeons and invasions.

    I really love when half informed people comment on this game.... caps are some of the best idea they had since group finder invention. Not everyone likes it but it works. It really works and makes you pace yourself. And with new mechanics being added over time there are more and more things to do as time progresses. I have 700h played on EU version.

    image
    (Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    Getting access to Anomalies is not a plus. 
    Boring repetitive time sink, worst part of the game.

    God Mode, people actually use it?

    Yah there is stuff after 36k but honestly the game tanked hard for me after 30k.
    The divided queue makes getting into 3/5 mans a chore, post 30k as well.

    Liked the game a lot. 
    Some interesting things in it but overall I am rapidly losing any affection I once held for it.
  • KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 759
    edited August 2015
    Thourne said:
    Getting access to Anomalies is not a plus. 
    Boring repetitive time sink, worst part of the game.

    God Mode, people actually use it?

    Yah there is stuff after 36k but honestly the game tanked hard for me after 30k.
    The divided queue makes getting into 3/5 mans a chore, post 30k as well.

    Liked the game a lot. 
    Some interesting things in it but overall I am rapidly losing any affection I once held for it.
    Get a better Pantheon. Never had any issues with those. And whats bad about it being repetitive at least its fun. Its how every mmo endgame looks and makes 90% people quit. At least here you have geniuanie progress.

    If its not for you stop yapping and move on to something you enjoy or keep bunny hoping around :pleased:

    And anomalies actually remind me the old school hunting back in the ac1&2 everquest or asheron call. Still nowhere near as hardcore as back then but still the same idea. I always loved it :proud:

    image
    (Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    So your idea of a good time is to get 4 friends and pull groups of mobs back to a tree and killing them over and over and over again for an hour + a few times a week?

    If so cool, have fun.
  • maybebakedmaybebaked Member UncommonPosts: 305
    Pongping said:
    wait until youre at 25k prestige when your limits are all cut after 1-2 days and you have to start opening your wallet :dizzy: 

    the limits are ok at start then you reach them faster and faster.

    you cant even farm Holy Text anymore once your out of credit limit.....

    all you can do to get them is buying ingame Ardent for real $$$$$$$$

    They basicaly give you a trial up to around 20-25k Prestige and believe me 25k is still nothing but your hooked and possibly paying to get further.

    nice business plan !!!
    This person has no idea what they are talking about. There is no reason to spend money. You really don't have to. I'm around 40k and only bought a cheap founder pack. The limits increase every week
  • ThourneThourne Member RarePosts: 757
    Pongping said:
    wait until youre at 25k prestige when your limits are all cut after 1-2 days and you have to start opening your wallet :dizzy: 

    the limits are ok at start then you reach them faster and faster.

    you cant even farm Holy Text anymore once your out of credit limit.....

    all you can do to get them is buying ingame Ardent for real $$$$$$$$

    They basicaly give you a trial up to around 20-25k Prestige and believe me 25k is still nothing but your hooked and possibly paying to get further.

    nice business plan !!!
    This person has no idea what they are talking about. There is no reason to spend money. You really don't have to. I'm around 40k and only bought a cheap founder pack. The limits increase every week
    I completely agree that you don't need to spend money; however the poster isn't completely wrong.

    You do cap sparks quickly, about 6 hours after reset for me as an example. Not claiming that is typical and no, I'm not actually trying to cap fast it just happens from playing.

    You can't farm Holy Texts if you are credit capped. That is true.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited August 2015
    If you buy premium status for a month, do you feel like you still need to buy argents?

    I don't mind opening my wallet for a game I like. I just don't want to "sub" and then have to spend more on top of that.


  • PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
    edited August 2015
    Khebeln said:
    Pongping said:
    wait until youre at 25k prestige when your limits are all cut after 1-2 days and you have to start opening your wallet :dizzy: 

    the limits are ok at start then you reach them faster and faster.

    you cant even farm Holy Text anymore once your out of credit limit.....

    all you can do to get them is buying ingame Ardent for real $$$$$$$$

    They basicaly give you a trial up to around 20-25k Prestige and believe me 25k is still nothing but your hooked and possibly paying to get further.

    nice business plan !!!
    Not really :P Im 55k and i only bought Founders pack way back. There are some tricks how to make money by selling sparks replicators that dont count towards the cap or selling upgrades for 2x more money (skipping the cap again)

    I made 4+ mil on selling spark replicators alone. While its true you cant max out everything w/o buying a little bit of argents, you wont be missing anything really. There are no special I win items that only can be bought for money. Its all about speed or progression, that dont really matter that much anymore due to scaling. At least it dont matter for new players.

    Another thing is once you reach 36k a whole new game starts. You get access to Invasions, Anommaly zones, God mode form, new quests, currencies, Divine Atlas and many more things. You will be busy all week long and according to the russian version there are more and more things to do that are not in our version yet. Like Invasion Atlas, Distortions, God Specializations, Pantheon Wars and many new raids, zones, dungeons and invasions.

    I really love when half informed people comment on this game.... caps are some of the best idea they had since group finder invention. Not everyone likes it but it works. It really works and makes you pace yourself. And with new mechanics being added over time there are more and more things to do as time progresses. I have 700h played on EU version.
    thats all great but you shouldnt compare your addiction to the normals players.

    the most wont ever reach 36k   let alone 55k

    And not everyone is playing Knight as Main....

    So dont compare yourself to standard or even more dedicated players.


    And with your replicators no one can continue on the ATLAS or CLASSES

    And still no Holy Text drop once credit limit is ZERO


    I dont believe you either when it come to real Money

    I guess your from a country where MERKEL is the boss and you people there usually spend alot of CASH on games to become the best.......

    The Germans i met on the EU server all spent alot of EURO to reach 50k prestige...

    And you had endless weeks in advance not to forget...

    Sorry i am not sure if i and the others here should believe in everything you say.

    And the game doesnt start at 36k Prestige it starts at 1 simply 1 Prestige.
  • KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 759
    edited August 2015
    Pongping said:
    Khebeln said:
    Pongping said:
    wait until youre at 25k prestige when your limits are all cut after 1-2 days and you have to start opening your wallet :dizzy: 

    the limits are ok at start then you reach them faster and faster.

    you cant even farm Holy Text anymore once your out of credit limit.....

    all you can do to get them is buying ingame Ardent for real $$$$$$$$

    They basicaly give you a trial up to around 20-25k Prestige and believe me 25k is still nothing but your hooked and possibly paying to get further.

    nice business plan !!!
    Not really :P Im 55k and i only bought Founders pack way back. There are some tricks how to make money by selling sparks replicators that dont count towards the cap or selling upgrades for 2x more money (skipping the cap again)

    I made 4+ mil on selling spark replicators alone. While its true you cant max out everything w/o buying a little bit of argents, you wont be missing anything really. There are no special I win items that only can be bought for money. Its all about speed or progression, that dont really matter that much anymore due to scaling. At least it dont matter for new players.

    Another thing is once you reach 36k a whole new game starts. You get access to Invasions, Anommaly zones, God mode form, new quests, currencies, Divine Atlas and many more things. You will be busy all week long and according to the russian version there are more and more things to do that are not in our version yet. Like Invasion Atlas, Distortions, God Specializations, Pantheon Wars and many new raids, zones, dungeons and invasions.

    I really love when half informed people comment on this game.... caps are some of the best idea they had since group finder invention. Not everyone likes it but it works. It really works and makes you pace yourself. And with new mechanics being added over time there are more and more things to do as time progresses. I have 700h played on EU version.
    thats all great but you shouldnt compare your addiction to the normals players.

    the most wont ever reach 36k   let alone 55k

    And not everyone is playing Knight as Main....

    So dont compare yourself to standard or even more dedicated players.


    And with your replicators no one can continue on the ATLAS or CLASSES

    And still no Holy Text drop once credit limit is ZERO


    I dont believe you either when it come to real Money

    I guess your from a country where MERKEL is the boss and you people there usually spend alot of CASH on games to become the best.......

    The Germans i met on the EU server all spent alot of EURO to reach 50k prestige...

    And you had endless weeks in advance not to forget...

    Sorry i am not sure if i and the others here should believe in everything you say.

    And the game doesnt start at 36k Prestige it starts at 1 simply 1 Prestige.
    Huh play as a Knight ? Where did you get this one ? I have 550h+ clocked in cryomancer. Rest on Warlock, You can check our Youtube Channel

    Once the catch up system is here people will reach 36 or 55k really quick. It will be most likely added in next patch.

    What replicators ? I dont use them :P Any replicators you sell for credits not use them. I made 4mil off those. You get them from main story line and they can be sold on market.

    Yeah Holy Texts dont drop after you out of credits, but you need to spend money on something life is not for free. If you smart it wont affect you much. Just use replicator money on holy texts. Once you reach 9k Greatness or 25 lv Temples You dont really have to go above that anymore as each lv is 10x more expensive greatness wise (not holy text)

    Its up to you whether you believe me or not. The fact is Founder Pack is all you need. If someone wants to rush they can rush. But if you play smart you will get there as well but slightly slower. Endless weeks ? Just early start. You know there is catch up system added soon right ?

    Sorry but im more concerned should anyone listen to someone that barely knows anything about the game, as opposed to someone that wrote countless guides for the game and runs no.1 EU Pantheon.

    image
    (Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

  • moonboundmoonbound Member UncommonPosts: 396
    So I am confused originally I thought this game was not pay to win but now you have to pay for holy texts?
  • KhebelnKhebeln Member UncommonPosts: 759
    moonbound said:
    So I am confused originally I thought this game was not pay to win but now you have to pay for holy texts?
    You don't need to, but it helps as you wont be able to max out Temple upgrades otherwise til much much later in to the game once you reach the Greatness node cock block around 9k greatness.

    Temples are nothing more than extra prestige, and its in now way limiting you. If you use all your money from spark replicators sale you can actually almost max temples as you level if you do it smart. But you will level up slower. They have to make money on something. If you dont like it get a job or play something else.

    image
    (Retired)- Anarchy Online/Ultima Online/DAoC/Horizonsz/EQ2/SWG/AC1&2/L2/SoR/WoW/TMO/Requiem/Atlantica Online/Manibogi/Rift+(SL)/Lol/Hon/SWTOR/Wakfu/Champions Online/GW/Lotr/CO/TcoS/Tabula Rasa/Meridian 59/Vanguard/Shadowbane/Fury/SotW/Dreamlords/HGL/RoM/DDO/FFXI/Aoc/Eve/Warhammer Online/Gw2/TSW/Tera/Defiance/STO/AoW/DE/Firefall/Darkfall/Neverwinter/PS2/ESO/FF14/Archeage/Gw2

  • PongpingPongping Member UncommonPosts: 131
    if someone drops 200 Dollars on Ardent and only gets Holy texts with them he will have a huge advantage compared to others that dont spend cash simple and easy.

    80+% HP  alot of +Might just for Holy texts to spend on provinces

    There are enough people willing to spend even more than $200 and they will have 200k HP while the rest has 130K HP around their prestige. 


    Let alone the extra damage from +Might of the province Bonus

    This game is so much P2W if you want to spend real money on it.

    Thats the extra success formula  of Skyforge >

    VISA > DOLLARS/EURO > ARDENT > HOLY TEXT> PROVINCE > HP/DPS > WIN 
  • WaldemarTheWaldemarThe Member UncommonPosts: 6
    edited September 2015
    Thanks for the P2W warning, thought of trying it out. But *sigh*, like every f2p it needs to have accelerations, p2w, boosters etc. The only game that is literally f2p is PoE. God bless GrindingGearGames. I have no problem with games wanting to make money but, if you can theoretically put in hundreds or thousands of dollars into a game and transform that into a form of advantage (like the HP and dmg bonus PongPing mentions) I will not play it.


  • fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682
    It is an addictive game. I do see the benefit of Premium and will likely renew that status as long as I remain an active player.

    So far, I've found very little to buy that has much impact on advancement rate or relative power. Remember, though, that you can buy Argents, (the cash shop currency), with game credits. The game doesn't offer strait boosters in the cash shop, but with some elements of advancement being tied to argent costs, people who buy argents will have some advantage in advancement rates.

    Even with the issue about Temples brought up above, it's just a matter of acceleration of attaining those buffs, rather than needing to pay money for an exclusive form of advancement.

    With the way the game scales players, I really don't get who would care about an advancement speed advantage. I'm playing the game and enjoying the combat and the deep progression system. I don't feel any need to rush.

    How long lived will the game be for me? I have no idea, but I'm finding it to be a fun game to scratch my MMO itch, without a lot of the pressures or expectations afforded a more traditional MMO model. I think it most reminds me of the original GW, Warframe and Destiny, but with a lot of little things done right that those games got wrong.

    I'm still hoping one day for a great, dynamic, open world MMO, but hub based games have a place in the genre and this one is very well done.

    Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated
    image

  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    edited September 2015
    fiontar said:
    It is an addictive game. I do see the benefit of Premium and will likely renew that status as long as I remain an active player.

    So far, I've found very little to buy that has much impact on advancement rate or relative power. Remember, though, that you can buy Argents, (the cash shop currency), with game credits. The game doesn't offer strait boosters in the cash shop, but with some elements of advancement being tied to argent costs, people who buy argents will have some advantage in advancement rates.

    Even with the issue about Temples brought up above, it's just a matter of acceleration of attaining those buffs, rather than needing to pay money for an exclusive form of advancement.

    With the way the game scales players, I really don't get who would care about an advancement speed advantage. I'm playing the game and enjoying the combat and the deep progression system. I don't feel any need to rush.

    How long lived will the game be for me? I have no idea, but I'm finding it to be a fun game to scratch my MMO itch, without a lot of the pressures or expectations afforded a more traditional MMO model. I think it most reminds me of the original GW, Warframe and Destiny, but with a lot of little things done right that those games got wrong.

    I'm still hoping one day for a great, dynamic, open world MMO, but hub based games have a place in the genre and this one is very well done.
    I agree with you that an open world game would be pretty awesome.

    But Skyforge is fun for now. It kind of fills a niche for me that I may have played Diablo 3 for before. I can go in and smash out some pve challenges either solo or using the group finder. Since I'm still pretty low in prestige at 12k, it's been easy to find groups for squad content. I'm not sure how that will be later or how the community is when running groups, etc.

    I'm not really into the pvp aspect of the game. I just pop in and get my ring, or okki tablet or whatever when I must, and that's about it. Pvp's not well incentivized, in my opinion.

    If I decide to stick around for a long time, I will look for a Oceanic timezone pantheon. I haven't noticed any recruiting on NA yet.


  • moonboundmoonbound Member UncommonPosts: 396
    You know I quit a while back partly because of people kicking me right before I could get the rewards and because people do have a huge advantage over you paying or not when they group with you in pve, they can out perform you if they have been playing longer and spending money also helps them become stronger much faster.
  • d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    moonbound said:
    You know I quit a while back partly because of people kicking me right before I could get the rewards and because people do have a huge advantage over you paying or not when they group with you in pve, they can out perform you if they have been playing longer and spending money also helps them become stronger much faster.
    I haven't played for the past two weeks after playing for a solid month or so. I will most likely come back. Just got into another one of my War Thunder binges.

    Skyforge was fun and I only grouped a few times but didn't have any problems. Although someone did try to kick me from pvp once, but failed. I sucked, but it was my first match. I don't know how people like that expect anyone to get experience.


  • odinthor021odinthor021 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    What I am still trying to figure out is why, when a new title comes out, most players want to rush to endgame. What happened to playing the game and enjoying it. Maybe I find the idea of exploring and adventuring through the game world more satisfying. I enjoy Skyforge but not with a rush to the level cap mentality I guess. There is much to be enjoyed after all it's supposed to be fun not a job. I still log into EverQuest 2 and do some crafting and adventuring with friends from time to time . 
    The PvP gamer point of view also tends to be a bit narrow sighted when it come to newb PvPers same with raid groups, no one learns their combat skills overnight. That's the best reason to stay away from pugs and just do solo content. Enjoying the game and storyline seems way more important to me then being the uber toon in the group.

  • NeoDodgeNeoDodge Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Actually, I've found this game is a hardcasual's dream come true.
    I tend to drop in for a 2-3 hour game 1-3 times a week, it barely feels repetitive at all. I take my time progressing on all fronts... Ascension, Class, Vectors, Boosters, Order, I love the diversity of aspects to manage. The classes all have their quirks which make them unique.

    If I remember correctly, though, people who abused the Temples / Holy text cash injection scheme have been screwed by the scaling, haven't they ?
  • PalaPala Member UncommonPosts: 313
    edited January 2016
    The game is fun till about 35k prestige, then it turns into repepetition. I am on about 45k, cant remember exactly and havent played for a couple of months but will drop in again at some point. For me it was2 months and i paid subs for those 2 months. 

    2 months is pretty good for me these days.
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,815
    Thourne said:
    So your idea of a good time is to get 4 friends and pull groups of mobs back to a tree and killing them over and over and over again for an hour + a few times a week?

    If so cool, have fun.
    That actually sounds "Old School" to me.

    Anyone who ever played Anarchy Online back in the day would remember leveling like this.

    Get a team together with an outside tank, and pull as many mobs back to the group and burn them all down.
Sign In or Register to comment.