Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black Desert Online (MMORPG) - Is it good?

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    edited January 2016
    A good video thats worth a watch if you are interested in Black Desert.
  • WaterlilyWaterlily Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    edited January 2016
    Everyone keeps saying how easy this game is. Now I see why, you're kiting four mobs that hit once every 4 seconds. You could have done this while eating a sandwich.
  • JWillCHSJWillCHS Member UncommonPosts: 75
    I think this video paints a perfect picture of the game. I still really want to give it a try!  =)
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    I am on fence with this game. 
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • linadragonlinadragon Member RarePosts: 589
    Waterlily said:
    Everyone keeps saying how easy this game is. Now I see why, you're kiting four mobs that hit once every 4 seconds. You could have done this while eating a sandwich.
    The game is easy at lower levels for sure, but the difficulty does get higher later on where you actually need to pay attention or you can die very easily... You'll note when he dodge (if he just moved on those jump attacks he'd be hit for quite a lot) that there is a stamina bar. As you get higher more stuff lunges / has stuff you can't easily avoid in those scenarios.

People go on and on about ease, yet I ask how far they actually got into the game. Taking your experience in the first 10 - 20 levels and saying that is the whole game is a bit silly and the game world itself offers a lot more than just combat oriented things which is important. 

Any game with avoidance mechanics like this can easily be called "easy" because you can avoid a good deal of the damage. if you stood there like it was WoW or something similar and didn't use the action based mechanics you would die incredibly fast. 
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Seems like a game for those who got 8 to 10 hours to spend on video games per day. Luckily i grew up and have more responsibilities. Its going to be a very niche game with small population.
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Bigdaddyx said:
    Seems like a game for those who got 8 to 10 hours to spend on video games per day. Luckily i grew up and have more responsibilities. Its going to be a very niche game with small population.
    I thought the common complaint about this game was that you don't have much to do. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    That was actually a really good video, I was quite surprised.

Looks like there are loads of non-pvp activities in BDO and that it will take quite a bit more than a few weeks (like some people have been saying)  to fully explore the game and its content (even without participating in pvp).

I actually like the sound of the "knowledge" system, it seems to give extra meaning to killing mobs, adding a layer of complexity and depth other than just grinding for loot/xp.

Too bad about the pvp and gear scaling, and what appears to be lackluster pve combat (although to be honest very few mmos have good pve combat or good pvp), but wow, what an immersive world. 
  • AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Video made me want to play the game more.

I'm still concerned about the lack of solid group PVE and i really don't care about PVP, but i like the fact that it requires lots of time to accomplish anything.