Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bars over forum avatar?

postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
Forgive me but I've returned to the forums after the software change...

Why do some people have bars over their forum avatar? Banned? They seem to still be posting.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited January 2016
    Permanently banned account get the avatar replaced with the following image. The profile page also states they are banned. See this thread for an instance. http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6818243/#Comment_6818243

I've seen no comment from MMORPG.com what the bars intend. You'll have to wait until they respond or someone who has been put in jail is willing to.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Why do some people have bars over their forum avatar? Banned? They seem to still be posting.
    Bars indicate the user is 'jailed'. When users accrue enough warning points from moderation, their forum privileges are curtailed until those points fall off.
  • postlarvalpostlarval Member EpicPosts: 2,003
    MikeB said:

Bars indicate the user is 'jailed'. When users accrue enough warning points from moderation, their forum privileges are curtailed until those points fall off.
    Ah, OK. Thanks. :-)

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Someone in another thread said users with bars are partially banned, they can reply to threads but can't create new ones.  Not sure if true however.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Kyleran said:
    Someone in another thread said users with bars are partially banned, they can reply to threads but can't create new ones.  Not sure if true however.
    Yeah, it's an in-between. 
    Robokapp said:
    how do points fall off?
    They expire on their own over time.
  • MadFrenchieMadFrenchie Member LegendaryPosts: 8,505
    Kyleran said:
    Gonna be honest..  I find that hilariously awesome.  I don't usually start threads, though, so it isn't really something I have to avoid.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Grunty said:
    Permanently banned account get the avatar replaced with the following image. The profile page also states they are banned. See this thread for an instance. http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/comment/6818243/#Comment_6818243

I've seen no comment from MMORPG.com what the bars intend. You'll have to wait until they respond or someone who has been put in jail is willing to.
    is that a permanent ban or any ban?
    Grunty said:

is that a permanent ban or any ban?
    Those are permanent bans. Jail (the bars) isn't permanent, however.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Can we make an avatar and use the jail bars just for giggles? :chuffed: 
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    Enhance the RPG experience of your site name and give everyone hit points. Infractions knock the health bar down and if it goes empty, done. Allow users to cast heal and damage spells. PVP Forums ftw.
  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Kilrain said:
    Enhance the RPG experience of your site name and give everyone hit points. Infractions knock the health bar down and if it goes empty, done. Allow users to cast heal and damage spells. PVP Forums ftw.
    +1 Internets for you Sir.

Genius idea :chuffed: 
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    MikeB said:
    Robokapp said:
    how do points fall off?
    Is this bugged, I had two post moderated in the SC forums, worth 2 points each and it says they last 1 week but its been close to two weeks and they're still there and I'm still stuck in jail?

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

Asm0deus said:
    MikeB said:
    Robokapp said:
    how do points fall off?
    Is this bugged, I had two post moderated in the SC forums, worth 2 points each and it says they last 1 week but its been close to two weeks and they're still there and I'm still stuck in jail?
    Might mean it expires a week from now. Let me know if it's not gone by next Friday. IIRC they are supposed to last two weeks.
  • Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,405
    edited February 2016
    MikeB said:
    Asm0deus said:
    MikeB said:
    Robokapp said:
    how do points fall off?
    Might mean it expires a week from now. Let me know if it's not gone by next Friday. IIRC they are supposed to last two weeks.
    Will keep an eye on it, first one was on the 30 jan and the other another on the  feb 2nd.

Kinda cheeky as the second one was for something which was suppose to have been cleaned up by Amano ( I got into it with some others and amano cleaned up the thread and gave us a warning after which I stopped replying in there to cool off) on the 30th but varosse decided to come in and give me some extra love 3 days after...lol

If I read this right the first 2 points should go away the 14 or so and so should the bars as they just showed up after varosse second pass which leads me to believe the bars pop up with 4 infraction points.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• ZukapeZukape Member UncommonPosts: 93
    Would love to see "Beyond scared straight" episodes from this forum. :lol: