Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will Archeage population ever recover now, that bots, gold sellers and most of hackers are gone?

Comments

• ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130
    It can never recover from being a mediocre game, bots or no. They really needed to go full sandbox like most were hoping, instead of this half assed identity crisis version we ended up with.
  • ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888
    edited January 2016
    I will never play archeage again.  I liked the game a lot but the whole limited land thing totally killed it for me.  Bots buying plots, spending countless hours planning to buy expiring properties, and the whole attitude of the players... it's not an issue that land is limited.  it's a good thing.  I got 3-4 plots you got none but you know you can come work for me and someday you might have land also.  "Did you work for your land? well I was in the early rush so I had to play 8 hours straight to get my land during headstart so I deserve it."

That doesn't even touch on the other crap that was done by trion....

---
    Ethion

• SimsuSimsu Member UncommonPosts: 386
    Have to echo some of the other people.. My problem with AA is the cash shop. Wont be coming back before that is gone.
  • cerulean2012cerulean2012 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    Even with the removal of the bots, etc, AA is still going to have trouble rebounding.  As long as they still have the p2w things in the cash shop it will keep a lot of people away.
  • MattausMattaus Member UncommonPosts: 9
    My Opinion is that Trion needs to change its cash shop, if they changed it away from pay to win then i would go back and play, ive seen the difference between Archeage Korean and EU/NA cash shops and trions one needs to change.
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    filmoret said:
    filmoret said:
    ste2000 said:
    Burntvet said:
    Unlike some other games, bots/hackers/spammers and the like were not THE problem with AA, not even the most serious.

The crap business model (pay a sub equivalent and STILL have to use the cash shop or literally spend YEARS grinding/doing the crafting) and cash shop funneling game mechanics (full RNG crafting, labor points, etc.) were the killers of this title.

Had this title been released as a sub only, I predict it would have been more successful with Western audiences.

This ^^
    AA is one of the best MMORPG released in the last few years.
    But its overdependence on the Cash Shop and the way people easily exploited it ruined the whole game experience.
    I would only play it again if they scrap completely (Yes even the vanity items) that dreadful Cash Shop and make it subscription only.
    Oh.....and drop the Labor mechanics, we are not in Korea, we don't need to be told how many hours per day we are supposed to play.

I believe the game could easily be turned into a phenomenon.  And I also believe Trion will never make the decisions to see it happen.  Sorry I lost all faith in Trion after this title.  Here is a poll from this website showing just exactly how many people were happy with the development of this game.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/441242/what-do-you-think-of-archeage/p1

Notice out of 137 votes only 5 people said the game was being managed properly.  They could hire a random person off the street who never played a mmorpg and they could do better.

This pole only shows how ignorant people are regarding archeage and trion's handling of the game. The developer is XLGames and you can always check their version of korean AA. Game was designed to be the way it is, heavily rng and labor point based and monetizing on these 2 factors.

It was a different game about 2 years ago during their 1st and 2nd alpha phase in korea, after which they changed design entirely based on player feedback and by closed beta they dropped subscription model and introduced the abysmal cash shop. People have no idea how the developers are running their game in korea and how they are monetizing it there but they are pretty darn insistent on blaming trion for adding pay2win cash shop and even labor system.

People are stupid enough to believe Trion can change the entire design of AA if they wanted, they believe that just removing cash shop will fix all problems, since i have been playing AA and know the mathematics behind item regrade and crafting, i can say that removing cash shop won't fix anything. The core problem is the game design and Trion can't change it. People who believe Trion is doing a bad job managing the game because the game is "pay2win" in their eyes, are bunch of idiots. Trion is doing bad job regarding server management and some other stability related issue, they could do far better than what they are doing but saying it is their fault that the game is pay2win is bonkers.
    Well when you are alone pointing at 140 people calling them idiots.  That means you aren't very smart.
    You did not even try to find any counter to the facts i presented but only make comment on the point that i called some people idiot who believe in a fairy tale version of Trion. Tsk...tsk..tsk...it amuses me how people react when they realize they can not participate in a logical argument. 

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

Mattaus said:
    My Opinion is that Trion needs to change its cash shop, if they changed it away from pay to win then i would go back and play, ive seen the difference between Archeage Korean and EU/NA cash shops and trions one needs to change.
    So you are asking them to directly put orange color regrade scrolls in cash shop? Will that make it less "pay2win"? Right now someone has to go through a lot of gambling boxes for a chance to get a orange regrade scroll, it not only maximize trion's profit but also stops majority of people to not try gambling too much of their money. If they put these directly in cash shop for say 25$, then people only need about 6 of them for each piece of gear and make them full mythic. Right now thanks to the gambling boxes the most we see is divine gear but after korean style cash shop we will see mythic left and right. And those who don't spend shit load of cash will just end up being fodder for those who does. Of course it is like that now too but it is in a tolerable condition, after a korean style cash shop it will become much much worse.

Problem of the game is in design. They need to change it and put every single cash shop regrade scroll and charm in game as craftable item and remove them from cash shop.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

ethion said:
    I will never play archeage again.  I liked the game a lot but the whole limited land thing totally killed it for me.  Bots buying plots, spending countless hours planning to buy expiring properties, and the whole attitude of the players... it's not an issue that land is limited.  it's a good thing.  I got 3-4 plots you got none but you know you can come work for me and someday you might have land also.  "Did you work for your land? well I was in the early rush so I had to play 8 hours straight to get my land during headstart so I deserve it."

The land system is not designed by Trion, sure they can ask XLGames to change it so that one player can have maximum one housing plot and 1 farming plot per server but that will just piss off a lot of people again and they will start blaming trion for changing "original archeage".

At this point my suggestion to you would be to go play korean version, search reddit and you will find a english patch for korean version that will show texts in english. Best of luck.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    ethion said:

The land system is not designed by Trion, sure they can ask XLGames to change it so that one player can have maximum one housing plot and 1 farming plot per server but that will just piss off a lot of people again and they will start blaming trion for changing "original archeage".

At this point my suggestion to you would be to go play korean version, search reddit and you will find a english patch for korean version that will show texts in english. Best of luck.
    Only Koreans can play the Korean version.  Unless you  want to do something illegal.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
    filmoret said:
    ethion said:

Only Koreans can play the Korean version.  Unless you  want to do something illegal.
    VPN is not illegal.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
    The problem with Archeage and Trion , is Trion made a clear and conscience decision , to lay down with the Asian whore known as XLgames , Trion made this decision with little regard to there clients, Knowing what the whore XL carried with her, they went into this endeavor and didnt properly protect themsleves or there clients from XLs  STDs..

These STDs were many and ran rampant and unchecked thru the community ,

we have the RNGorrhea

The relenteless Botcrabs

The Gential Wart Hackers that never go away ..

The ugly Herpapex

And the VDcashshop

All these terrible afflictions have pushed many of Trions original clients away ....

And they will never kiss her again
  • YakutoYakuto Member UncommonPosts: 61
    A13xand37 said:
           B)      As the question describes im mainly interested in the future of Archeage.

I know many people had bad experience with it, but its actually not the game itself you had that, but the hackshield and publisher.
    Myself ,ive been banned from the Forum and Game 6 times now, yeah every time it resulted in them being wrong, and still i persevere.

Im yet to find a better f2p fantasy sandbox anywhere, and i dont keep high hopes for Black Desert, only for Star Citizen.

Archeage is still very active in NA especially now with upcomming merges, that could enchance population, becouse they offer a new start (new servers) ,transfer, and merge choices.It is still unclear ,the exact date, but its estimated it will hit by the end of august or somewhere mid autumn.

They totally drove me away. Got tired of the spam.
  • BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255
    filmoret said:
    filmoret said:
    ste2000 said:
    Burntvet said:
    Unlike some other games, bots/hackers/spammers and the like were not THE problem with AA, not even the most serious.

The crap business model (pay a sub equivalent and STILL have to use the cash shop or literally spend YEARS grinding/doing the crafting) and cash shop funneling game mechanics (full RNG crafting, labor points, etc.) were the killers of this title.

Had this title been released as a sub only, I predict it would have been more successful with Western audiences.

This ^^
    AA is one of the best MMORPG released in the last few years.
    But its overdependence on the Cash Shop and the way people easily exploited it ruined the whole game experience.
    I would only play it again if they scrap completely (Yes even the vanity items) that dreadful Cash Shop and make it subscription only.
    Oh.....and drop the Labor mechanics, we are not in Korea, we don't need to be told how many hours per day we are supposed to play.

I believe the game could easily be turned into a phenomenon.  And I also believe Trion will never make the decisions to see it happen.  Sorry I lost all faith in Trion after this title.  Here is a poll from this website showing just exactly how many people were happy with the development of this game.

http://forums.mmorpg.com/discussion/441242/what-do-you-think-of-archeage/p1

Notice out of 137 votes only 5 people said the game was being managed properly.  They could hire a random person off the street who never played a mmorpg and they could do better.

This pole only shows how ignorant people are regarding archeage and trion's handling of the game. The developer is XLGames and you can always check their version of korean AA. Game was designed to be the way it is, heavily rng and labor point based and monetizing on these 2 factors.

It was a different game about 2 years ago during their 1st and 2nd alpha phase in korea, after which they changed design entirely based on player feedback and by closed beta they dropped subscription model and introduced the abysmal cash shop. People have no idea how the developers are running their game in korea and how they are monetizing it there but they are pretty darn insistent on blaming trion for adding pay2win cash shop and even labor system.

People are stupid enough to believe Trion can change the entire design of AA if they wanted, they believe that just removing cash shop will fix all problems, since i have been playing AA and know the mathematics behind item regrade and crafting, i can say that removing cash shop won't fix anything. The core problem is the game design and Trion can't change it. People who believe Trion is doing a bad job managing the game because the game is "pay2win" in their eyes, are bunch of idiots. Trion is doing bad job regarding server management and some other stability related issue, they could do far better than what they are doing but saying it is their fault that the game is pay2win is bonkers.
    Well when you are alone pointing at 140 people calling them idiots.  That means you aren't very smart.

• BorlucBorluc Member UncommonPosts: 255
    Tell that to Galileo.  Majority rules but it's rarely right.  
    Borluc said:
    Tell that to Galileo.  Majority rules but it's rarely right.  

1.  You are by no means Galileo.

2.  Majority sometimes rules and is sometimes right. 

Majority always rules in marketing because making money is the object here not being right or wrong.

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    ArcheAge still gives me the best experience in a MMORPG since Anarchy Online.
    Some people may have problems if they play it as a game.
    ArcheAge is not a game.
    Its roleplaying for mature people, or do you see any 14yo in game ?
    There is only young adults and old farts playing their role for the powers on Erenor.

Ofcause, there is those sportsplayers, hackers, botters and so on, but not in my game tho
    Its PvP roleplaying, bad or mean players are your content, relations is your mission.

There is 3 factions fighting for the same shit in a borderless open world with -that- grafix .
    Man, i was always dreaming of a game like that.

I wish you all a happy middlefinger whenever you are upset about the shop, or about someone that has something that you can never have, be it a hidden bot, a macro or a daily blewjewb for RNGesus.

I still think, people that dont like it, are either very young or have a squishy mind ^^

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    This was one of the best pve games I've ever played. If they gave people the option of pvp flagging and not forced pvp they would have lots of players.  Otherwise enjoy the empty servers cause most pvp players have moved on to the new latest thing in pvp.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

edited January 2016
    rawfox said:
    ArcheAge is not a game.
    There is only young adults and old farts playing their role for the powers on Erenor.

Ofcause, there is those sportsplayers, hackers, botters and so on, but not in my game tho
    Its PvP roleplaying, bad or mean players are your content, relations is your mission.

There is 3 factions fighting for the same shit in a borderless open world with -that- grafix .
    Man, i was always dreaming of a game like that.

I wish you all a happy middlefinger whenever you are upset about the shop, or about someone that has something that you can never have, be it a hidden bot, a macro or a daily blewjewb for RNGesus.

I still think, people that dont like it, are either very young or have a squishy mind ^^

I would not put it like the way you did but yes Archeage requires a lot of patience and planning if a person wants to play it properly and by that i mean without cash shop and without cheating or botting. But there are people who are playing very patiently and they are the ones making most money by selling their crafts instead of selling APEX. Erenor is a vicious world for anyone who doesn't have what it takes to endure, even after spending shit load of money, instant gratification is not ensured. And that is why those who went for pay2win and went to mythic gear score are so bitter about the game and constantly complain about it instead of playing it.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    The game still suffers from the same four issues it has always had:

1. Very low chance for needed items in the game with a 100 times better chance in the cash shop.  Thunderstruck trees are a great example.  Growing your own pine trees you only have a .28% chance at a tree and that is "point 28 percent" which is about a quarter of one percent chance but using the cash shop you can have a 10% chance.

2. Random number generation - this is just a terrible way to handle crafting.  Why have a crafting skill that has absolutely no effect on crafting?  Losing a months worth of game time because you rolled a 2 instead of a 8 is poor game design. 

3. Cheats/Exploits - you can still go to the buddy site and see the exploits are still working.  If there was any talent at Trion, they would buy an account with buddy to get the software and RE it to find ways to detect it with each update they make. 

4. Unlimited land for one person to buy.  Many people in the game now own 4 to 6 plots and some own much more.  Taxes are easy to get and dont cost enough to limit people.  From the very beginning they should have limited each person to only 2 plots.  Would some people have purchased extra accounts to get around this, yes but that would have brought in more money and there would still have been more plots for players.

The game can still be fun with friends but I dont ever see the population increasing at this point.  I jumped back in after the merge and over the course of 3 months all I saw was decreasing numbers in my guild and lots of land plots expiring. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• doodeskaderdoodeskader Member UncommonPosts: 32
    edited January 2016
    I played Archeage during alpha en a short time after the 'destroyer update'. The mana regen destruction ruined the game, and that is the only reason  hardcore gamers dont play it anymore. Taking away the mana regen in a PvP game is the dumbest thing to do, and they did it. I rather dont play a game at all ,then play Archeage or  any other crap mmo out there.
    rawfox said:
    ArcheAge is not a game.

Yea you don't see any 14 year olds because.

1.  They cant afford to play it.

2.  They are smart enough to stay away from it.

• farbegefarbege Member UncommonPosts: 305
    filmoret said:
    rawfox said:
    ArcheAge is not a game.

Yea you don't see any 14 year olds because.

1.  They cant afford to play it.

2.  They are smart enough to stay away from it.

yep, "smartiness" of 14 year old is very convincing as an argument...lol

Its not like dedication for achieving long term goals is a major difference and showing age and maturity.
    I give you the one, that 14 kids have empty pockets tho.
  • BajsN3rdBajsN3rd Member UncommonPosts: 41
    A13xand37 said:
    I doubt gold sellers and bots will return, since they implemented engine that bans even remotely close cases to them, instantly, with no explanation nor regard.It can be harsh since it can even ban good players.But better to have that in place, than have it overrun again.

Kyrios NA is fairly populated Server, well id say more than populated, since there is no free land on that server, and everywhere you go there are players, just like it was on the launch.

Though only one or two populated servers and many dead ones, doesnt make a title popular.
    Since when did they implement that "engine"?

Last time I botted was maybe a few weeks back at most.
  • PerjurePerjure Member UncommonPosts: 250
    As long as Trion is publisher I will never go back.
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    edited January 2016
    Once games make the mistake of driving players away they 99.9% of the time do not recover ...FFXIV is the exception.. .1%
    Developers cannot afford to make mistakes unless you have an infamous popular franchise or your name is Blizzard.
    Trion "Hartsman" said he learned from the mistakes they made with AA,yet all i see is another sell out with Devilian.The main question was about the camera and Trion said they would make the camera non fixed but of course that never happened ,they simply saw some FALSE hype and thought they could just rush this out to make some fast cash.

Of course Trion can partly blame mmorpg.com because they will of course hype up everything Trion is doing to secure advertising money,that is why imo they had some FALSE hope they could just whip the game out.You want to know theTRUE state of your game,do NOT ask a website you pay money to in advertising,that should be obvious 101.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.