Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Early Access Program Begins for Open World MMO

2»

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Looks cool. i may check it out.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    So how do you catch a disease when wearing a space suit?

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• SlothnChunkSlothnChunk Member UncommonPosts: 788
    So how do you catch a disease when wearing a space suit?
    It's a mystery.  Like journalists residing in London mysteriously acquiring a lethal dose of radioactive poison.
  • Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    On the matter of buying products from Russia...

I brought up the issue before in another game's forum. For now, I'm not going to do it, but unlike similar boycott examples I don't believe I would encourage others to follow suit.

It's like the poisoned wine contest in "Princess Bride", with the reasoning bouncing back and forth. The decision I reach, however, isn't necessarily because it's somehow more wise, but because I'm annoyed I had to go through the motions of entertaining the conflict at all. There simply are other products to buy without some additional moralistic consideration or additional personal security consideration.

The end question, it seems, becomes, "Should I allow the perceived behavior of a state's hierarchy to affect my personal bias toward acquiring goods and services from its citizens?". That's a choice any given person has the right to make on his own.

On the matter of behavior of a state and juxtaposition to native americans and black slavery...

I honestly feel there are so many issues, worldwide, through millennia, wherein cultures have invaded and enslaved each other, while none of it has been decidedly "good", it's not an adequate enough argument to cite the cultures who, in the last 100 years, have made motions to stem these overt conflicts or human tragedies  and make genuine motions toward some measures of reconciliation and compensation. The world was a very different place before 70ish years ago, very different indeed, and now the "lines are drawn", better policies for the benefit of all are "in place", and to pretend it's somehow ok to revert to behavior of states before this era is... not ok.
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    BillMurphy said:
    Has anyone here played this one? Looks pretty promising, but LOOKING promising via UE4 isn't hard.

Havent but the crap part is it looks further on than Repop which I gather is about to die... That melee attack though is utter horrible but hey, alpha :)
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    The fate of the world rests in our hands as MMORPG players! Our purchases will change the world.

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Dreamo84 said:
    The fate of the world rests in our hands as MMORPG players! Our purchases will change the world.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Alders said:

SlothnChunk said:

Salenger said:
    SlothnChunk said:

DMKano said:

SlothnChunk said:

Salenger said:
    SlothnChunk said:

DMKano said:

SlothnChunk said:

I suppose you're right...other than the fact the U.S. doesn't invade its neighbors 

We have the CIA for that. Lets try and not be naive. The world isn't black and white.

of course we (the US) don't blow up our neighbors...we're too busy blowing up our "investors" neighbors...

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Big fan of scifi, not a big fan of these founder packs. Will see how it pans out.
  • kenpokillerkenpokiller Member UncommonPosts: 321
    I posted the very first post on their forums

never got into testing *cries*

Sci Fi MMOFPS best MMO xD

Sway all day, butterfly flaps all the way!

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472
    Besides, there will be diseases in the game. When traveling around the world, every player may catch a disease. It affects an organ and begins to gradually block active and passive skills dependent on this organ, putting different effects on a character. If you can’t find a cure, the disease will progress, affecting more organs, which can eventually destroy the whole organism.

That looks like a pain (pun not intended). This better be through action like walking through a jugnle or getting bit by something and not just RNG, and there should be ways to prevent diseases in the game. We have such things in real life. Plan to go where a disease is, get a vaccine shot. Otherwise this is basically a random chance a skill will get debuff in the middle of your adventure and I don't know many players who like their skills just randomly getting debuffed.

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488
    edited December 2015
    Looks very interesting. I see they have different tiers of founders packs also. 17.99 $ meh worth a look I guess ! Anyone else going to take the plunge? :) I'll jump if you guys do ! lol :pleased:
  • BooshooBooshoo Member UncommonPosts: 15
    It's been 3 days of trying to launch the game via steam. Still getting an unknown error with no clues to follow. Any other win 10 user having the same problem?
  • guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350
    DMKano said:
    SlothnChunk said:

I won't support anything Russian.  Having said that, at least they aren't using the HeroEngine.

There are 150 million Russians living world wide - many game companies in US have Russian devs working for them.

So are you going to not support western MMOS?

lets just say the world knows of Russia's quality when it comes to online gamedevlopment. WarZ and the many many of its ilk

It..Burns..