Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Review - Charming in its Antiquity - Som Pourfarzaneh at

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
edited January 2016 in News & Features Discussion

imageThe Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel Review - Charming in its Antiquity - Som Pourfarzaneh at MMORPG.com

In many ways, Trails of Cold Steel’s JRPG trappings and gameplay struggle to remain relevant in an evolving genre. Yet, paradoxically, it’s the game’s conventional approach that makes it appealing, a reminder of the formula that has made JRPGs so popular, with several ease-of-use additions here and there to make it more accessible in the contemporary milieu. If you’re looking for something new to play on your Vita or PS3, you’d be hard-pressed to do better.

Read the full story here

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I was VERY skeptical,not my fault,this site has earned itself the distinction of biased advertised reviewing but no matter,i can think for myself when looking at games.

First up the scores are just too high you can't design a game to look like a mobile game without losing a lot of it's appeal.
    Anyhow this is again no fluke of recent i have found some really good games and seems these are from some of my fave people from gaming long past.

Some former Square Enix people are running Xseed a subsidiary of the most important developers in Japan along with Square and Enix.

You can easily see the design philosophies have mimicked each other over the years,but that is a good thing because i like JRPG's.

For a series that whips out a new game every year it seems pretty good.It is easy for them,same engine it seems,same design,just pop in some new low poly characters and you have a new game to sell.
    I think i might pick this up as well as some of the older games in the series,but definitely the scores are too high.

Geesh i have so many games to play right now after scouring the universe so long trying to find one game i want to play.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• NarishmaNarishma Member UncommonPosts: 74
    This is far from the first Legend of Heroes title to come stateside. Might want to do some research and correct that.