Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Beyond

ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
edited December 2015 in Off-Topic Discussion
Never thought I would hear beasty boys in a star trek trailer lol

Comments

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589
    That doesn't feel like star trek at all.
  • AlcananAlcanan Member UncommonPosts: 268
    edited December 2015
    The trailer really does a bad job of selling the movie for me. Star Trek , at least to me, has been about social and ethical issues. Oh well I guess people want a dumbed down version with explosions and action minus the thinking....wait thats hollywood LOL

Alcanan

"The True North Strong and Free"
    "Faith Manages"

• PyndaPynda Member UncommonPosts: 856
    Alcanan said:
    Star Trek, at least to me, has been about social and ethical issues. Oh well I guess people want a dumbed down version with explosions and action minus the thinking.
    I couldn't agree more. Star Trek (2009) was somewhat entertaining, but in my opinion "Star Trek Into Darkness" then degenerated into little more than a conglomeration of one senseless action scene after another. I can't remember if I was even able to finish watching that irritating mess or not. And the trailer for the new movie seems to suggest the trend is only going to worsen. This series has now become akin to nothing less than metaphorically urinating over everything that Star Trek once was. Perhaps not high art, but at least never violent pablum designed only to cater to the brain dead.
  • l2avisml2avism Member UncommonPosts: 386
    Star Trek: Into Darkness actually focused more on the relations and friendship between the crew members and specifically Kirk and Spock than the 2009 Star Trek... The social and ethical reflexions are there too, with the attitude towards the klingons and the will to start a war... doesn't that remind you things that happen on today's earth?
    it kind of reminds me of the facist left's war against conservatives
  • anemoanemo Member RarePosts: 1,903
    Wait another star trek where violence is a first resort???

Maybe the only reason the old star treks weren't all gun'oh was because of the shadow of the cold war...  But it still doesn't seem like star trek.

Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent.

"At one point technology meant making tech that could get to the moon, now it means making tech that could get you a taxi."

• ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    anemo said:
    Wait another star trek where violence is a first resort???

Maybe the only reason the old star treks weren't all gun'oh was because of the shadow of the cold war...  But it still doesn't seem like star trek.
    The reason the really old shows didnt have as much violence and action is because of special effects technology and budget.

Notice how star trek movies (the original movies of both kirk and picard) had more action than the TV shows.