Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My 2016 Wishlist for Tamriel

Comments

• Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    I've been underwhelmed by the werewolf mechanics and I'd like to see content that makes being a vampire/werewolf more of an experience and less of a skill line. Something more fleshed out like guilds, but where being one of the above significantly impacts your place in the world.
  • josko9josko9 Member RarePosts: 577
    I'd like underwater content too, but it's very rarely well implemented. In WoW it was always horrible for instance.

Either way I'm not sure if it's ever coming. I think they've said once that their engine doesn't support underwater content yet.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Alomar said:
    Would love to see a fix to the horrendous lag in Cyrodiil and the first content for pvp since launch. Housing could be interesting if they did it like Lotro rather than solo instancing like Rift. There's a lot more I would want, but I know ZOS will never deliver on so no point getting our hopes up (new classes, new weapons, removal of vr's, etc.).

Halibrand said:
    I'll go back when there's PvP alternatices to Cyrodiil. 12v12 or 8v8 or 4v4 or even 1v1. Housing might also make me take a second look, depending on how it's done. When I left, it was because all the game had was crafting (which I had maxed out), quest hub grind (which gets boring), dungeons (which I'm not always in the mood for), and Cyrodiil (which I don't find fun). Give me smaller-scale PvP where I can matter more, that has a specific end-point, and launches with generally full teams on each side.

My guild and I have run have had a 24/7 presence in the past two days since the reset of the main NA campaign. The largest group we've had is 16 and most of the time it is 8 or less. We take on 30-60 people on our own and win and are the only presence keeping EP out of their gates 90% of the time. If you think each one of us doesn't matter, you were doing rvr wrong. Even numbers is too easy, the only guild that challenges us runs twice our numbers or more and we killed them 12 times yesterday and they only killed us twice. Don't be a part of the problem, be the solution.
    Who's us? Is "Us" AD, EP, or DC? What server? NA?
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • GrymmoireGrymmoire Member UncommonPosts: 181
    edited December 2015
    1. New class: Necromancer.

2. Jewelry crafting and deconstruction.

3. Changes to all racials but especially Argonions and Orcs.

4. Either socketing for two-handed weapons or allowance to place two traits on them to balance against players using two weapons: too many templers and mages using two swords or daggers to enable a 5-4 armor\weapon set.

5. New pets and mounts instead of all these re-skins of existing models: spider; wolves\wargs; dragonlings. Release thos skeletalhorse and Guar mounts previously shown.

6. Underwater quests as previosly mentioned.

7. More diverse skills as previously mentioned.

8. Spellcrafting as previously mentioned.
  • Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558
    I m sure I ll be a minority but all I want is an AH :)
  • LheiahLheiah Member UncommonPosts: 190
    I really want to love ESO, they have done a great job over the last year with it, but I'm so sick and tired of questing and with character progression tied so closely to questing it's a real downer. I did buy some crowns while they were on sale for the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood dlc's, the justice system is very refreshing and look forward to seeing what these dlc's add to it. I know that sounds like I'm contradicting my own self, but questing in the traditional sense is just gotten so old after 15+ years of it.

Housing: hate to love it. Instanced housing sucks through and through. But the alternative of non-instanced housing sucks also just for the simple fact that all the greed mongers will swipe up all the land. There's no correct answer and will always be a sore spot that can't be implemented properly.

I'm an advocate for a decentralized economy, but there implementation of it doesn't hit the nail on the head. I still can't open a business/store front and attract loyal customers like I could in UO. I guess it does remove some of the botting issues games have, but at the same time its just a bunch of small flippant AH's with no personal touch coming through.

I play ESO here and there, but it just doesn't have the charm that older mmo's had with what they are striving for and that alienates me from the pvp, which I enjoy, but what's the point if a casual player can never be competitive by means of a no catch up scenario?

ESO is like the grand slam that was snatched away at the last second in the bottom of the 9th. I know a lot of people enjoy it and good for them, but I never see it being the home of games.
  • RavensworthRavensworth Member UncommonPosts: 78
    I love the idea of non-instance housing but I don't see it as manageable. I see something like what they do in LOTRO which is a Seperate zone that is instanced because so many players have houses. Once in that zone it is like other zones though with Vendors etc.

I agree about being able to craft in the housing zones. Lotro has a feature that allows you to leave your home open to public inspection or for players and friends and the same for the chests inside. So this is very much something that can be done.

• Solar_ProphetSolar_Prophet Member EpicPosts: 1,960
    Definitely housing, thieves guild, and dark brotherhood. I hope the guidelines for the thieves guild aren't too strict though. I want to be a thief, not bloody Robin Hood. I burglarize and steal stuff from people for profit, and there's nothing glorious or honorable about it. No unnecessary killing I do agree with, and I'd like to see, along with skills which improve stealth functionality, some skills tailored to incapacitating NPC targets without killing them. Or maybe an exclusive alchemy recipe which allows you to make the Tamrielan equivalent of a chloroform soaked smothering rag, or a Batman / ninja style smoke bomb to daze NPCs briefly so you can escape.

Speaking of alchemy, applicable poisons. Again, maybe guild specific recipes tied to the Brotherhood for some nasty stuff, anywhere from a frenzy potion applied with a dart, to just a good old ipecac or standard poison DoT effect.

The above in spell form would also work too.

For housing, I don't need anything special. Just a nice little place to hang out and plot my next big heist, heroic rescue, or bloody murder.

Spellcrafting would be AWESOME. It was one of the few things I really missed in Skyrim. A combination of the system from previous TES games combined with the original magic system from Asheron's Call would be absolutely amazing. AMAZING.

All right, done talking. Time to ring in the new year by robbing a few unsuspecting people. In game of course >_>

AN' DERE AIN'T NO SUCH FING AS ENUFF DAKKA, YA GROT! Enuff'z more than ya got an' less than too much an' there ain't no such fing as too much dakka. Say dere is, and me Squiggoff'z eatin' tonight!

We are born of the blood. Made men by the blood. Undone by the blood. Our eyes are yet to open. FEAR THE OLD BLOOD. 

#IStandWithVic

• DelCabonDelCabon Member UncommonPosts: 258
    Good stuff Bill. I agree with everything. The top of my own list include Housing and completing the Justice System but I am always looking forward to new content.

Del Cabon
    A US Army ('Just Cause') Vet and MMORPG Native formerly of Trinsic, Norath and Dereth. Currently playing LOTRO. 

• MadCoderOneMadCoderOne Member UncommonPosts: 220
    maybe a working LFG/ dungeon group finder? as a casual player with limited playtime thats why I dont play ESO.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Great list!

More like Orsinium would be great as it's been a fantastic expansion. Loved everything about it!
  • anIronbear71anIronbear71 Member CommonPosts: 1
    have werewolf clan and leader and same for vampires and have commuinty play dates to fight each other?
  • ImpmonImpmon Member UncommonPosts: 81
    This is pertaining to console version on XB1 which I played;

1. Condense the pvp maps. They're too big & people are too spread out. Organized groups can switch maps & flip the entire place without fighting anyone. Once they find resistance they find a depopulated map.

2. Housing in MMO's not req. Thanks. Why do people wanna micromanage so much they want to have a fake imaginary house in a game ? I play to explore not be martha stewarts home living. I've always felt housing in game a huge waste of time. I don't even like it in real life let alone a video game.
  • FlameKnighttFlameKnightt Member UncommonPosts: 2
    i agree with Effin_Rabbit about under water content and all other great ideas , also if they could make tamriel world environment more dynamic that would be great i mean for example when your in river water flow be able to move your character (little force atleast) like some other mmorpgs can't remember which one was it exactly but i hope you understand what im talking about.
    (Sorry for any spelling mistakes , English is not my native language)
  • GrunimGrunim Member UncommonPosts: 172
    I hope they add poisons to the game when Dark Brotherhood arrives. I loved using poison weapons in TES and I miss it in ESO.

I'm not holding my breath for underwater combat ( pun intended ) any time soon, though I would enjoy that as well.
  • FlameKnighttFlameKnightt Member UncommonPosts: 2
    one more thing hope they add Werebear to eso (can't wait to see fight between Werewolf and Werebear)
  • VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    If they had another pass at the combat I would play ESO in a heartbeat.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    Good post :-)

Now, to possibly upset the apple cart:

- Get a proper UI with standard features - features that players can simply untick if they want the minimalist look.

I don't want to go through a list of outdated addons, or new ones, or ones that become obsolete due to the author packing in, just to play an mmo.

Get rid of that potion wheel - I know it's for the super mario console crowd, but there are better way of doing it. Heck even Neverwinter has a UI that beats ESO's hands down - and that's not a good thing.

Players want minimalist look? ok untick standard features, but don't have the rest of us fiddling about with often poorly supported add on updates/removals or replacements every time something changes.

Wouldn't take much to do, in fact I read somewhere that they where going to launch the game with it but didn't for some unfathomable reason.
  • songofdeath1songofdeath1 Member UncommonPosts: 21
    @JudgeUK ;necromancer is nice
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679
    songofdeath1 said:
    @JudgeUK necromancer is nice

Play a few classes, and a new one (or two) would be a great addition. My previous post wasn't really about a class, it was the standard game UI.
  • ImanuuncleImanuuncle Member UncommonPosts: 1
    The Thieves Guild and the Dark Brotherhood are going to be a thing, probably some time this year. However, unlike the Mage's and Fighter's Guilds, it is currently planned for us to have to make the purchases to unlock them because they add two new zones(I personally think that'd be a mistake and a half). And, there were originally six classes that were going to be in the game, one of which we knew as the Warden, who was a nature based class. Unfortunately, both of them got trashed before the beta was even released. Housing, I have always loved in The Elder Scrolls, and would love to see that in the game. Could prove difficult, with it being "Online and Alive," but I think it can be done, and fairly well.
  • tunipeacetunipeace Member CommonPosts: 1
    1. make a guild house where members can help contribute to the decor with voting and paying into a bank. let them have jobs around the guild hall like cooking, potion making and pet/mount care.

2. yes, please bring the houses. i want to live in my own house instead of wondering around the beautiful world with no place to stay.
    let the houses be n the cities/towns also and/or let them being the country side also. just make the house solo or be able to 'invite only' a certain number of people inside. thats a pack i would rush to buy from the crown store.

3. Make a provisoners guild. or hunters guild. i love cooking in the game and it really does not make sense that we have to 'find' these recipes. some are hard to find and we dont know where to find them at all.

A.Make a hunters guild where you can get recipes after completing a quest line, similar to the mages guild or fighters guild quest line.

B.let us to be able to hunt rare ingredients, beast and get new weapons and a costume.
  • CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523
    Not a bad list. ESO definitely one of the top mmos on the market at this time. Everything they have in plans so far sounds fantastic and is sure to make this game even better.

What they need to do in 2016, imho, is to add more perks to their subscription model. They need to give people omre reasons to subscribe.
  • geremadygeremady Member UncommonPosts: 73
    Maybe they can let me participate in their one-million-dollar lottery as a perk to my subscription?
  • ESO_LAGESO_LAG Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Fix the LAG!!!!!!