Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gloria Victis has sold me...

redripredrip MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 224
edited January 2016 in Gloria Victis
Hey Friends,

I'm absolutely addicted to Gloria Victis right now. It's the most fun I've had in an MMO since Darkfall. The game is only in Alpha but it's really coming together. The Devs have added major updates and features to the game including new Land content, islands with new monsters, brothels, a Territorial Conquest system where you get points for taking over towns and cities. The PvP isn't full loot but it's partial loot, when you kill a player, you have 30 seconds to loot them. The game itself is skill based with action combat. A good player can beat multiple players based on their play style and of course armor/weps and level. The graphics are bloody beautiful and also has some nice weather effects and day/night cycles. The world has really expanded and it's been fun to run around and explore.

Lots of players have been joining both the NA and EU Servers and I gotta say, the last few days has brought many fights and fun to the game.
Hope you enjoy this little Fan Made Montage Video, and let me know what you guys think of Gloria Victis thus far. 

To get in and play now, you can pledge $10, or if you really believe in these guys you can pledge more and get some extra goodies on their website www.gloriavictisgame.com 

Gloria Victis release on STEAM in 2016.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gghAI8gw9Hk

/Hugs,
RipperX

Youtube.com/RipperX
[email protected]
Post edited by redrip on

Comments

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Why does the scale seem so off to me?  I mean it looks like your character is only 6 inches tall based on the environment cues.
  • redripredrip MMORPG.COM Staff UncommonPosts: 224
    Pepeq said:
    Why does the scale seem so off to me?  I mean it looks like your character is only 6 inches tall based on the environment cues.
    You can go into 3rd and 1st, I was just going in between the camera modes, sorry to throw you off.
  • lindhskylindhsky Member UncommonPosts: 162
    When you fired Arrows into the Group of people in that first fight. Is there a risk that you could hit your own people? Friendly fire?
  • Ammon777_newAmmon777_new Member UncommonPosts: 306
    edited December 2015
    I'm waiting for release first since I dont like beta tests... but otherwise, Yeah Im really looking forward to it.
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    This post confuses me, as to its nature of importance.
    lindhsky said:
    When you fired Arrows into the Group of people in that first fight. Is there a risk that you could hit your own people? Friendly fire?
    If you are in a group, you cannot attack your own group, but if you are in a large fight and others from your faction are around and not in your group, you can attack members of your own faction, either on purpose or by accident.
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Friendly fire should be on at all times... otherwise you're just shooting from the hip.
  • GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    My guess is Mike and Bill are still on vacation.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
    Sorry! I accidently clicked announce when posting, definitely not intended to be a sticky. Love the game, having a blast, just wanted to share it. Happy New Years!
  • F0URTWENTYF0URTWENTY Member UncommonPosts: 349
    edited January 2016
    As an old Darkfall player it seems pretty bad to me. Grinding npcs endlessly for levels like a themepark and all....

Ripperx wen't from sandbox games to being addicted to carrot on a stick themepark alphas with around 10 people online on either server.

Maybe some people get too old for competitive gaming. It seems ripperx has. Grind those npcs all day bro with those 5-10 other people logged in.
    As an old Darkfall player it seems pretty bad to me. Grinding npcs endlessly for levels like a themepark and all....

Ripperx wen't from sandbox games to being addicted to carrot on a stick themepark alphas with around 10 people online on either server.

Maybe some people get too old for competitive gaming. It seems ripperx has. Grind those npcs all day bro with those 5-10 other people logged in.
    The game has potential, it's not DF but its fun and there has been a player surge over the last few weeks ever since they expanded the game world and added more content. 

• SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020
    Pepeq said:
    Friendly fire should be on at all times... otherwise you're just shooting from the hip.
    You gotta hip shoot dat hoe.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    How twitchy is the combat?  I'm too old for hardcore action stuff in an MMO.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Comparing every full or partial loot game to one that failed miserably is something I will never understand. But since they all fail then I suppose its apt.
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    How much did they sell you for?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    good to hear, i bougt it a while ago and just hoped they would finish the game,i bought shroud of the avatar too and they are reaching their goals :o
  • F0URTWENTYF0URTWENTY Member UncommonPosts: 349
    edited January 2016

Judging by the Gloria Victis articles about nothing on the front page every 1-2 days I'm pretty sure there's a relationship between the devs and some of the staff on the site. Someone bought some stock thinking they could use this site to up their numbers.

@ripper: I highly doubt a population boom when I saw this lack of players myself a couple weeks ago.

Nobody is playing because its a clunky mess that requires you to grind your life away to compete at the top level. I guess in that way it's similar to Darkfall but everyone just afk swam in circle while they slept in df, in Gloria Victis you have to grind bad AI actively for hundreds of hours if you don't want to pvp at a disadvantage.
    Post edited by F0URTWENTY on
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    edited January 2016
    There was something strangely fun about it when I put my 10 in over a year ago. Back then the game was so rough I could not recommend it o anyone. Yet for some reason I played for like 5 hours the first time I logged in. I haven't been able to get back in recently. The times I tried the servers were down. I plan to soon though the game looks 100 times better than it did.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    For $10, its an easy sell. Fun for a little bit, in short stretches. I would not recommend buying this if you are looking for a smooth, complete game though. Bugs and clunkiness abound.
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    The graphics actually looked better than what I expected... might be worth $10 to check out.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Looked to me like something you could do in DF1 or even that more recent Kings game,really nothing special that i saw.I also don't like so much fog lighting in my games,it's getting to be a big habit with developers and way over done.

The graphics,well we see this level of graphics in pretty much every game now,it is the minimal standard,except you won't see it in Blizzard games ...sigh,they still sell cartoons.
    Other than that not much to say i didn't see anything much in the video to actually comment on.I love the Archer class myself in games,again don't know much about it from the video,we didn't see any snares or stuns or elements with the arrows or abilities,nor do we know if there are any inventory arrows,that is why i said looks no different than DF1 ,just grab a bow and shoot stuff.I can also get identical in H1Z1 with a bow as well.

Definitely nothing in the video is a selling point.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

Judging by the Gloria Victis articles about nothing on the front page every 1-2 days I'm pretty sure there's a relationship between the devs and some of the staff on the site. Someone bought some stock thinking they could use this site to up their numbers.

@ripper: I highly doubt a population boom when I saw this lack of players myself a couple weeks ago.

Nobody is playing because its a clunky mess that requires you to grind your life away to compete at the top level. I guess in that way it's similar to Darkfall but everyone just afk swam in circle while they slept in df, in Gloria Victis you have to grind bad AI actively for hundreds of hours if you don't want to pvp at a disadvantage.
    It was a joke...  

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    I'm afraid the "Early Access" and "Pre-Alpha" thing simply doesn't work for me.

I tend to get tired of the limited features and abundant bugs and the slow dribbling-out of content and fixes that characterise most indie projects. Combine that with occasional major changes in features and systems, and it just wears me out.

After a month or two I typically abandon the game and inevitably never return. The negative feelings can even make me ignore the game when it eventually launches...
  • tomahawkustomahawkus Member UncommonPosts: 6
    So it looks like another good Unity game will reach Steam platform :) Bravo GV !
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Don't think it's meant to be important.  Just someone saying he found a good game, and you might want to look into it.  At least that's my take.  Not everything has to be earth shattering.

On a side note,
    I'm looking forward to this as well.  Won't pick it up until there will be no more wipes.

I self identify as a monkey.