Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com : General : The Hive Five - The Top 5 Games of 2015 - TheHiveLeader

SystemSystem Member UncommonPosts: 12,599
edited December 2015 in Videos Discussion

imageMMORPG.com : General : The Hive Five - The Top 5 Games of 2015 - TheHiveLeader

Free MMORPG List and MMO Games at MMORPG.com

Read the full story here

Comments

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    No MMOs in a video on a website called "MMORPG.com"? Not even expansions in what has been dubbed as "2015: Year of the Expansion" with games such as GW2, SW:TOR, FFXIV, and Rift all releasing huge updates and/or expansions?

Thanks for the warning. Stopped the video right there and closed it. Junk.

• TheHiveLeaderTheHiveLeader Video MaestroMember RarePosts: 234
    Siphaed said:
    No MMOs in a video on a website called "MMORPG.com"? Not even expansions in what has been dubbed as "2015: Year of the Expansion" with games such as GW2, SW:TOR, FFXIV, and Rift all releasing huge updates and/or expansions?

Dawwww, you're cute.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    It's Hive's personal top 5. If he didn't think any of the new MMOs or expansions were in the top 5, that's his prerogative. 

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Siphaed said:

Here! Have a piece of cheese with that.
    It's Hive's personal top 5. If he didn't think any of the new MMOs or expansions were in the top 5, that's his prerogative. 
    A top 5 Expansions list isn't a bad idea though...
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Agreed, @TheHiveLeader - expansions/dlc/patches. Do EEET.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Agreed, @TheHiveLeader - expansions/dlc/patches. Do EEET.
    Yessir, boss man! **salute**
  • eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    no mmo's and his #1 you cannot even play on a PC, LOL
  • tecnoglasiustecnoglasius Member UncommonPosts: 2
    This is your favorite choice, noob choice
  • tecnoglasiustecnoglasius Member UncommonPosts: 2
    This is your favorite choice, noob choice
  • GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    Do you even MMO bro?
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Console games? No MMO's I can understand but console games? I'm speechless.
  • RukushinRukushin Member UncommonPosts: 311
     Really?!?!?! I didn't even watch the video yet, but no MMOs mentioned? All console games at that? Oh the shame. Come on, everyone truly knows PC=Master Race.
  • JDis25JDis25 Member RarePosts: 1,353
    edited December 2015
    Yeah MMO's get a bad rap compared to Single Player games. It is much easier to develop a single player experience that captures the hearts and minds of players. MMOs are much more limited in the presentation factor. ESO main story and FFXIV and SWTOR do a pretty swell job at it, but enough to make the world feel alive? not really. Nothing like what the fallout, ES, Witcher series can do, and also not as cinematic as Tomb Raider/Unchartered/Final fantasy games are.

Until we can figure out how to make an MMO present and feel alive like a Single player game, while also making sure it is definitely multiplayer, don't expect an MMO GOTY anytime soon.
    Now Playing: Bless / Summoners War
    Looking forward to: Crowfall / Lost Ark / Black Desert Mobile
  • Stewie001Stewie001 Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Good list! I always enjoy the commentary.

An expansion/dlc/patch list could be fun too. (Cheers for... GW2!!)

There is more than just PC gamer's that visit this site. (I'm a PC gamer, only)

Happy New Year to you, Mr. Hive!!
    Grakulen said:
    Do you even MMO bro?

I'll kick you sir. Right in the shin.
  • MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    edited December 2015
    I like this. It turns out that the guys actually living from writing about MMO's are not fans enough to actually include just a single MMO on a list like this. No wonder this genre is in serious trouble.... :/ I bet that HiveLeader cant make an MMO list :) I also think that HiveLeader actually used photoshop... cause that goal he made in the game? Really.... NOT him...
    Mitara said:
    I like this. It turns out that the guys actually living from writing about MMO's are not fans enough to actually include just a single MMO on a list like this. No wonder this genre is in serious trouble.... :/ I bet that HiveLeader cant make an MMO list :) I also think that HiveLeader actually used photoshop... cause that goal he made in the game? Really.... NOT him...
    I could. But it wouldn't be a "Top MMOs list of 2015" - It'd be a "MMOs that happened to come out and also didn't close down in 2015"
  • ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318
    LIKE! Nicely done, good rundown on what the games are about, too. I really got a feel for what games I will go after with what you showed and talked about regarding them.
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Cool video, even if my list would be totally different, except Witcher :wink:
    Also agree with the movie mocking part, I'm saying the very same since those nasty canines "reinvented" (BS) the adventure genre... those aren't games, just interactive movies with some random QTE and a few lame, console cover shooting :lol:
    Yep, first place was obvious. Personally I don't get what's with the addiction of the Souls, but to each their own, right? Rocket League, never heard about it. Looks fun, maybe I'll give it a try, as I see it's not a console-only title.
  • HalibrandHalibrand Member UncommonPosts: 136
    I enjoyed the video, it introduced me to games I wouldn't have otherwise looked at. Totally not Hivey's fault that this year gave us a big middle finger instead of new MMOs.

Since 2015 was so lame, what about hopping into the time machine and doing a best-of list for like 2001 or 2003 or something? As if that was present day and nothing past it existed yet. Could be fun.

I'd buy that for a dollar!
  • Threatlevel0Threatlevel0 Member UncommonPosts: 179
    What games were the clips in the beginning from? Were they all 2015 released games as well? I recognized none of them, such as with the Ship and such, the unranked ones?
  • GrumpyHobbitGrumpyHobbit Member RarePosts: 1,220
    This website has really lost it's way.
  • AvanahAvanah Member RarePosts: 1,615
    edited December 2015
    Siphaed said:

I have to agree with this one.

I've been coming here to MMORPG over 10 yrs. Back then it was much better.

Nowadays it's all about Advertisement and Money...sadly.

Back then it was about content, releases MMOS and far less anything Console.

Back then they gave you Keys for Most Anticipated games to try. The ones that everyone wanted.

Today it's the Next "Asian..or other Non-relevant Money grab game" in line to Advertise for MMORPG that gets the front page.

I barely come here anymore, only to check and see whats on the Front page and to see what the talk is about. Otherwise....Sigh.

Don't ever let me take this site over, I'd have NOT ONE Console Game here.

But like the TheHiveleader (And nothing against him)..This is MY Review and if you disagree...GREAT! Shut up and move along. :)

"My Fantasy is having two men at once...

One Cooking and One Cleaning!"

---------------------------

"A good man can make you feel sexy,

strong and able to take on the whole world...

oh sorry...that's wine...wine does that..."

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Entertaining as always! As to the elephant in the room, it was made pretty clear what the list would, and would not, include. If there are problems with how this site has changed its focus, this isn't the thread to do it in. This is coming from someone who only plays MMOs and only has an original Wii in the house. O.o