Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much longer? (Loverman)

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
It seems like it's been years and years since I first saw hype about this game.  This site says that it's in development with no ETA on release.  Is the game even in a playable state yet?  Has anything substantial been delivered to the backers?  Have the developers given any indication of when it will be released?

Thanks!

Comments

• TheAmazingDwarfTheAmazingDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 234
    I think the first beta phase is due to start during this Winter. The $60 founder pack gives you access to Beta1.

My FFXIV ARR referral code for new EU accounts: 5JPF7ZQ3
    Step into the amazing world of Eorzea! Use this reference code on a new account and we'll both get goodies for it!

• Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Beta was delayed a few months ago and they didn't set a new date for it (maybe I am wrong here) officially. Unless they are going bankrupt in secret which I doubt, I prefer them taking their time instead of meeting deadlines and shove a mediocre product. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • NordicApacheNordicApache Member UncommonPosts: 134
    A lot of hype and content has been release on this site. Every Friday for the last 6-10 weeks so far. 
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    I hope it develops!  I'm anxious to see some gameplay.

Wonder how this will compare to Albion Online?
  • AxxarAxxar Member UncommonPosts: 104
    Other than crafting being important I think it will be quite different.
  • meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    edited December 2015
    It seems like it's been years and years since I first saw hype about this game.  This site says that it's in development with no ETA on release.  Is the game even in a playable state yet?  Has anything substantial been delivered to the backers?  Have the developers given any indication of when it will be released?

Thanks!
    It's still in Alpha, so most of the work going on is on core tech not gameplay since they are building their own engine not using Unity or some other prepackaged system that wouldn't support huge RvR battles at good FPS.  There have been multiple delays mostly due to difficulty finding senior programmers who are willing to move to Fairfax, VA.

There is no real estimated launch date right now. Launching in 2016 seems highly unlikely to me however. I think there will be a new estimated launch date announced after Beta 1 begins sometime next year. The current estimate for Beta 1 is "Winter 2016" which is usually interpreted to mean March. It's too soon to say whether that goal will be achieved.

Backers with IT, Alpha, and Beta 1 access have been able to participate in testing for a while.

They have been doing livestreams to reveal the first 10 combat class trios (30 classes) over the past few months. If you missed those, you can watch them on CSE's Youtube channel here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/CityStateGames/videos

There is also information on all the classes on the official site here:

http://camelotunchained.com/v2/class-reveal-votes/

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    @MightyUnclean, @meddyck covered it wonderfully, I don't have much to add besides that (speaking of "any substantial delivery to the backers?") Beta 1 access gives the possibility to play with the C.U.B.E. - including offline mode and saving buildings to blueprints.

By the way, I'd be happy with Q1/Q2 2017 launch but the good news is that (since Beta delay) they hired three senior programmers, with 4th to come thus making another delay (beyond Q1 2016) unlikely.

PS you can browse this very subforum for all kinds of CU videos, images and info.

W...aaagh?
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean Member EpicPosts: 3,531
    Wait, I can back the game and get some kind of access now??  Is it continuous access or sporadic?
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    Wait, I can back the game and get some kind of access now??  Is it continuous access or sporadic?
    @MightyUnclean Access to the C.U.B.E. building is non-stop, you can create stuff whenever / offline (and save it, then re-build in game world in next test).

Tests are happening in sessions, say there was one yesterday.

W...aaagh?
  • time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    edited December 2015
    A lot of hype and content has been release on this site. Every Friday for the last 6-10 weeks so far. 
    of the big 3 (Chronicles of Elyria, Crowfall, and Camelot Unchained), CU has been covered the least by far.  There is not a big hype train for this game compared to other MMO's we have seen in past.  This game won't get super hyped and it won't be another converted F2P Hindenburg I dont think. (i.e. Tera, Wildstar, ESO, etc)

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • Gaming.Rocks2Gaming.Rocks2 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    time007 said:
    of the big 3 (Chronicles of Elyria, Crowfall, and Camelot Unchained), CU has been covered the least by far.  There is not a big hype train for this game compared to other MMO's we have seen in past.  This game won't get super hyped and it won't be another converted F2P Hindenburg I dont think. (i.e. Tera, Wildstar, ESO, etc)
    Crowdfunded games need hype for their Kickstarter campaigns. CoE hasn't had its campaign yet so it is natural that they need a lot of hype now.

I follow a lot of campaigns, when it comes to CU I really believe they got the money and then they started working on their plan. They didn't continue to think of new schemes to promote their ongoing campaign. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing since there isn't much to study regarding crowdfunded MMOs, but I personally like their approach. 
    Gaming Rocks next gen. community for last gen. gamers launching soon. 
  • continuumccontinuumc Member UncommonPosts: 9
    The game has been hyped but it's the sort of thing that you really have to be looking for/watching. MMORPG.com and other really big fan sites have been giving it some attention, but not a ton. They've had livestreams 1-2 times each week for the last couple of months; talking about classes, taking questions, etc. They send out newsletters each week. They have fansites like realmsunchained and their Reddit subchannel that are constantly providing information. Some of this info has made it to the big news sites and some of it has not. 

I do expect, however, now that they are finished revealing the initial 10 class archetypes they'll probably back off of the livestreams for a bit to work on prep for beta 1 (which should be coming out in the next couple months). We might see a livestream for the Crafter class at some point. Then I expect they'll ramp the hype machine up again some when beta 1 is ready to go. 

Vellic - Guild Leader
    CU News - RealmsUnchained.com